Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions of NCAA Football 13 Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display
    Great read! Thanks

Just read it again.

I mentioned this somewhere else but will sprint outs and bootlegs be user controlled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freshman
    Well the EA team can't maneuver details like socks gloves and cleats real well that's why the 3D grass only appear in replays but next gen team specific socks new updated cleats and such swell be part of the Sights.

Freshman
    Wonder will DBs be able to make sideline catches dragging a toe in and diving picks? Well we see some new fumble animations? Maybe QBs getting stripped from behind Osi style. How many new tackle animations? In juggling catches? Is the challenge flag options examined closed and fixed? Well safeties in zone bite on pump fakes? Ton of questions that need answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
    Well the EA team can't maneuver details like socks gloves and cleats real well that's why the 3D grass only appear in replays but next gen team specific socks new updated cleats and such swell be part of the Sights.
    We understand you want socks to be correct but this is a gameplay impressions thread. There is a uniform thread that you can post in. I know there other guys that get into those details as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freshman
    At the bottom he claim he was answering questions for sights and sounds and gameplay. If he seen or heard anything I don't know then I wanna pick his brain

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Thanks G, enjoyed reading that.

Having read that all Kwizzy I'm optimistic about the gameplay this year
    Haha me too man. I know that G was pretty frustrated after last year's game came out (as all of us were, esp. those of us who played it in April last year) so I think he was going into this pretty cautiously this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
    At the bottom he claim he was answering questions for sights and sounds and gameplay. If he seen or heard anything I don't know then I wanna pick his brain
    Is English a secondary language for you?

If so, you're doing fairly well. If not, well....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

First and foremost, great work to Tommy on this write-up!

I was also down at the event this past week and I'll probably put together some impressions of my own once I figure out if I have anything to say that Tommy hasn't already covered in detail haha. I did note a few questions here in the thread so far that weren't really things that he focused on this week so I'll chime in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane305 View Post
    Few questions, sights and sounds wise...how did the crowd sound and look? Or is that not finalized yet?
    Everything at this stage remains a work in progress, and we actually played many different builds during the three-day event because the developers were "checking in" new things to the builds pretty much each day that we were there.

That being said, one of the first plays in the first game I played on Wednesday I found an open receiver in the middle of the field as Michigan at the Big House. As he got his hands on the ball, the crowd noise swelled in a way I've never heard before; it was very cool, and made me hopeful for how it'll sound when the game is released. I didn't have a headphone jack on the TV I was using, however, so I can't really address anything regarding the "depth" or "detail" of sounds; I didn't want to crank up the volume and disturb people (or go deaf).

As far as the look of the crowd, nothing really jumped out as different except that the new progressive lighting happening after every play makes it really cool to track the shadows across the crowd and across the field.

Also any new uniforms you see and how they looked?
    I noted a bunch of new uniforms, but I'm checking in with the community manager first before I add a list here. Don't want to accidentally mention something in the game that won't be, or say that something isn't in when it will be. I hope to be able to comment more on uniforms tonight if I get word back.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Damn that was mean but still quite funny!!!

Hey CD guys (great work on the feedback and continued effort to share information with us!), based off the builds you were playing can you describe the initial impact of the passing game. I know G mentioned that some will really excel at this but what I'm looking for is a combined kind of thing. During the time you spent with it, and the new coverages/alignment, passing game, WR's/DB's and such how much different is it compared to 12 and will there be a steep learning curve for some in NCAA 13?

Also playing against the CPU did you find the CPU AI mixing things in well with coverages/packages? Did anyone play any user vs user games during your time down there and if so how did that feel compared to 12? And I'm not sure if the builds you guys were playing were capable of user vs user or even a game against the CPU but thought I'd ask.

Question I have is can you tell a difference between star WR's and QB's with the enhancements? Also, what do you feel will be the most important ratings on defense now?(mainly the secondary) Do the coverage rating seem to matter or is it more about awareness and PRC?

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Question I have is can you tell a difference between star WR's and QB's with the enhancements? Also, what do you feel will be the most important ratings on defense now?(mainly the secondary) Do the coverage rating seem to matter or is it more about awareness and PRC?
    Good questions, is there a difference between a 95 accuracy QB and an 80 accuracy QB.

I really want to find out if a guy with 99 route running will be a stud even if he might only have mid 80's speed. Likewise, a CB with 99 man and zone coverage that might only be an 89 speed. Same thing with LB's and safeties. Also, what affects the ability for a QB to put different trajectories on the ball? I would think throwing power would have to have a major influence on this, especially on some of the long throws. If it is a 15 yard out and you are throwing from the opposite hash mark, that becomes a LONG throw and should be tough for a guy with average throwing power to throw it on a rope.

Great write up G, making it hard to wait til July...

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Yea I'll stay civil. Fake sim fans

Sim is more than socks....there's a lot to be done to get this to where I want correct socks. I do want correct socks, just not over the gameplay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mtoo22 View Post
    Sim is more than socks....there's a lot to be done to get this to where I want correct socks. I do want correct socks, just not over the gameplay.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2

CD guys,
    I know y'all said that the running game wasn't worked on all that much, but did you notice any improvements to FBs and pulling O-linemen? beartide06 touched on it a little bit in his question, but I haven't seen anybody address it directly yet.

As you guys probably know, running power/toss sweeps was frequently a lost cause because the pulling guard or lead FB would take 2 steps and then turn around or become lost. It seems like a little tuning to their logic could clean this up.

Quote Originally Posted by WipeOut464 View Post
    CD guys,
    I know y'all said that the running game wasn't worked on all that much, but did you notice any improvements to FBs and pulling O-linemen? beartide06 touched on it a little bit in his question, but I haven't seen anybody address it directly yet.

As you guys probably know, running power/toss sweeps was frequently a lost cause because the pulling guard or lead FB would take 2 steps and then turn around or become lost. It seems like a little tuning to their logic could clean this up.
    never had any problem with those plays out of any of the i formations (either normal or offset). high awareness blockers are key.