Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Impressions of NCAA Football 13 Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Question G, what position on D did the user control? When I play against my Bro-in-law and I try to use even a One Back playbook, he will blow most of the plays up in the backfield with a MLB by just shooting gaps at the snap. The shotgun offenses are really tough to run against a user that is good with the MLB in my experiences this year.
    He was usering mostly MLB but also some DL. I think I was doing enough passing to keep him honest to not commit one way or another, plus with my past history in SBCOL, I think everyone is thinking pass first with me anyway.

One thing about the Pistol I definitely will say though, the playaction out of it on NCAA12 is considerably better than either under center or Shotgun. Rarely if ever do I feel instant-pressured like I do on either of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Thanks G. I hope it's harder than last year or at least equal. AA was lot of fun for me last year...especially starting out as a team rated in the 60's.
    I personally thought the cpu was poor on AA last year. Their running game and overall dumb play calling and execution frustrated me, even with slider adjustments. The cpu running game is always really bad on AA too.

The funny thing is most people on hardcore gaming sites find AA/All-Pro on the easy side with Heisman/All-Madden too difficult. With so many people loathing sliders I think EA should take a long look at offering another difficulty level between AA and Heisman. I think a ton of people would love that option including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post

Yeah I've never even remotely come close to having that kind of the success out of the pistol running the ball. I'm excited to see your video and see how it's done. I've just always felt like the play is slow in developing no matter what the call is from simple dives to tosses to read options. I would love to put more pistol in my playbook because Arkansas uses it more and more each year but I can never get it to work like my under center stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Question G, what position on D did the user control? When I play against my Bro-in-law and I try to use even a One Back playbook, he will blow most of the plays up in the backfield with a MLB by just shooting gaps at the snap. The shotgun offenses are really tough to run against a user that is good with the MLB in my experiences this year.
    Here's the video:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...l=1#post138307

One thing to note, my longest run (72 yards) was actually out of Shotgun Split Offset. Obviously that reduces the yardage but I'd certainly say I still had good success out of the Pistol formations.

I will never understand how you guys play taking control of your defenders. You guys miss so many tackles that turn 5-yd gains into 50-yd gains.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I will never understand how you guys play taking control of your defenders. You guys miss so many tackles that turn 5-yd gains into 50-yd gains.
    I use my safety at all times, then click on to make a tackle. Became easy over the years.

The only time that causes me to miss a tackle is when it switches me to a guy who I am not expecting to get or the lag is kind of bad.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    I use my safety at all times, then click on to make a tackle. Became easy over the years.

I use my safety at all times but only switch when there is no way for me to get involved in the play. Most of the time I 'player lock' w/o using player lock.

I used player lock for an entire season but could never get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, the run fits are so bad that there is no way I could sit back at safety and let my CPU guys try to make a stop.

Most of the time my FS is the leading tackler. I play close to the line...I do give up the long ball a little too often though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't even need to have good user skills anymore since ea added the defensive assist. Theres really no reason anymore to not user a defensive player, especially with how effective stripping the ball was in this last version.

does the game feel or move any different really ?

the last 2 years have been an over all improvement but it still feels very basic and very stick figure-ish.

In Madden, I trust the players to do what i expect to a degree,they seem more solid..linemen make tackles in madden...in NCAA, they all seem so paper thin and linemen feel useless.

NCAA just seems like cardboard while Madden is more of a hard plastic or rubber..if you get my meaning LOL

just seeing if there will be a compare /contrast from these initial thoughts

I play on the D-line, then click on to make the tackle at the end of the play. I've found that if I play in the defensive backfield at the snap, more often than not I overpursue or otherwise draw myself out of the play.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I play on the D-line, then click on to make the tackle at the end of the play. I've found that if I play in the defensive backfield at the snap, more often than not I overpursue or otherwise draw myself out of the play.
    I found that if I switch to the person nearest the ball when the ball is in the air, I always get stuck in performing a D-Line move, but instead of it being the D-Lineman, it's the CB performing a hit stick at the air.

So, I just played Heisman Challenge for the hell of it. In the game I played, I was 26-37 for 412 yds with 3 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD. Awesome game, right? Well no. Why?

Because I put RGIII on Oregon.

If I'm on Oregon's team, why am I throwing 37 times and rushing 3 times (twice only because I changed the play)?

If I'm on Oregon's team, why am I throwing 37 times and rushing 3 times (twice only because I changed the play)?
    If I had to guess: the team did say that RTG this year was going to put an emphasis on the Player. So a running back will get more running plays, no matter the offense you choose. I said more, but I have no idea if that means slightly more, drastically more, etc. My guess is that since RGIII is a quarterback, they gave him pass plays, even though he'd fit in a running QB offense.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    If I had to guess: the team did say that RTG this year was going to put an emphasis on the Player. So a running back will get more running plays, no matter the offense you choose. I said more, but I have no idea if that means slightly more, drastically more, etc. My guess is that since RGIII is a quarterback, they gave him pass plays, even though he'd fit in a running QB offense.
    It was really a rhetorical question. I knew that was why I threw so much but thanks for replying. If I want to be a Dennis Dixon or a Tommy Frazier type of player, I can't because I'll be chucking it all game.