Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EA to Update Uniforms in NCAA Football 13 Throughout the Year?

• Facebook
  • Display
    I would love it if they did this. But i already know the politics of them having to contact the school and getting approval DURING the season. Probably not going to happen but we can wish. But im not paying for what should BE IN THE GAME!

Quote Originally Posted by kindella2 View Post
    I would love it if they did this. But i already know the politics of them having to contact the school and getting approval DURING the season. Probably not going to happen but we can wish. But im not paying for what should BE IN THE GAME!
    If I were them I would ask for approval before the season for any new uniform releases during it (after the uniform has been worn in a game), so that they could just run and gun without having to jump through in-season hoops. I would think a majority of schools would approve that.

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    Absolutely, provided the cost was reasonable ($5 max).
    screw that, ...2k kept updating shoes for no pay..just update the uniforms like you update patches etc and stop trying to charge for virtual stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    If I were them I would ask for approval before the season for any new uniform releases during it (after the uniform has been worn in a game), so that they could just run and gun without having to jump through in-season hoops. I would think a majority of schools would approve that.
    Well i think thats the thing. ADs and coaches get superstitious about unis and losing so lets say a team gets new unis and proceeds to get blown out and doesnt wear them again this season they will more than likely not want them to be in the game. (i know its silly but it happens) Look at UGA, they pulled their black jersey, pants, and helmet (im still upset with them because of this).

Quote Originally Posted by kindella2 View Post
    Well i think thats the thing. ADs and coaches get superstitious about unis and losing so lets say a team gets new unis and proceeds to get blown out and doesnt wear them again this season they will more than likely not want them to be in the game. (i know its silly but it happens) Look at UGA, they pulled their black jersey, pants, and helmet (im still upset with them because of this).
    What the heck happens when you get blown out in your regular uni???

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    What the heck happens when you get blown out in your regular uni???
    A bunch of dudes in boxers.

Freshman
    Want to see Alabama color adjusted and some more gloves shoes and socks

Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
    Want to see Alabama color adjusted and some more gloves shoes and socks
    Yes, we know. Not trying to be an ass, but 15 of your 20 posts have been about socks, gloves, cleats and Alabama's colors. We get it already. You don't need to make a half dozen posts every single day about it.

Dude, I am running out of sock pictures. Here are the ones he actually wants. Maybe this will stop the madness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Freshman
    Keep posting til I see improvements. When that's done I'll complain about ribbon boards throughout every stadium. Helping bring every field to life. MLB 12 the show updated their ribbon boards and it makes a world of difference. The LED displays that show different animations that relate to the home teams

Keep posting til I see improvements.
    I support the motivation, I do ... but posting the same thing repeatedly doesn't accomplish this. No one's in a position right now to tell you if these things are improved, and certainly not since the last post about them.

In addition, posting about the improvements you want to see have their place and time. We have a Feedback forum that would be a perfect place. Posting in unrelated threads (yes, I know it's about "uniforms", but not about what you're asking for) will not succeed in furthering your agenda.

The LED displays that show different animations that relate to the home teams
    You can also see MLB ribbon boards significantly more often than in any football stadium that I can think of. From the field-level view NCAA gives you, I don't know that there are practically any moments when you'd be seeing the video board, at least in Ohio Stadium. And even if you did, every cycle of processing that's used for an video board could instead be used for something on the field. I've long thought that's why the video boards just display the same camera view you already have ... it shouldn't take any extra processing that way.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 04-25-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Might add to that as well JeffH, we have a very good Wishlist Tournament here.

Just a thought it seems like you want some socks to be in the game, and at that a certain kind of sock. Maybe since Gschwendt has come out and basically said there really wasn't any new "equipment" to the game for 2013 you could start your own thread in the Wishlists & Feedback forum. Here you can try and rally a group of people that share the same interests and try to make Sock Options on the Wishlist Tourney here.

I've seen the same person post this over on OS about 20 times in every thread. It might be better suited if you gave one really detailed post and left it at that. Not really worth getting banned over as nice as it would be to have what you are asking for. Just a thought..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2

Keep posting til I see improvements. When that's done I'll complain about ribbon boards throughout every stadium. Helping bring every field to life. MLB 12 the show updated their ribbon boards and it makes a world of difference. The LED displays that show different animations that relate to the home teams
    I understand your passion and desire for these things Avross, but I think we all have to accept one major thing w/ this gen of football games: Nothing is going to be perfect or even close to it. So unless you want to keep posting until 2015, I think you're just wasting your time. I am just hoping for a decent playing game and praying that EA learned from the mistake when the move from PS2/X-Box to PS3/X-Box 360 happened and that they are already working on the engine for the new consoles so we don't fall so far behind again.

Love your passion, just trying to be realistic.

in some/alot of cases..I'm sure guys post stuff because they hopw an EA guy see's it..so he might post more than once to see if its seen. I dont have a problem with that ( not that any here care )

this site is suppose to have somewhat of a connection to EA...EA says they read forums etc..but so what..they dont interact that much..I understand cutbacks all to well. But they should designate guys to really communicate on each hardcore NCAA game forum to say what they are really listening to and focusing on and not be all 'secret sauce' about it LOL

Cutbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Cutbacks?

that's what I was thinking. Didn't they add ppl to the team this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    But they should designate guys to really communicate on each hardcore NCAA game forum to say what they are really listening to and focusing on and not be all 'secret sauce' about it LOL
    1) They tried that before and, in my opinion, it pretty much backfired
    2) That's generally what the Game Changer program is for -- to be the intermediary between the community and EA
    3) Hiring someone to spend a good part of every day responding on forums is both a marketing nightmare and the basic opposite of what all the "I want more resources on this game so X can be fixed!" guys are calling for

Now to your general point ... yes, I can totally understand why someone would post their point repeatedly in hopes that EA will see it. However, I will neither condone nor encourage it. I think most of the regulars here would agree. We understand the reason ... but the action isn't desired. And even then, there's still a time and place to post it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    1) They tried that before and, in my opinion, it pretty much backfired
    2) That's generally what the Game Changer program is for -- to be the intermediary between the community and EA
    3) Hiring someone to spend a good part of every day responding on forums is both a marketing nightmare and the basic opposite of what all the "I want more resources on this game so X can be fixed!" guys are calling for

Now to your general point ... yes, I can totally understand why someone would post their point repeatedly in hopes that EA will see it. However, I will neither condone nor encourage it. I think most of the regulars here would agree. We understand the reason ... but the action isn't desired. And even then, there's still a time and place to post it.

what I'm considering wouldnt even take that long... I can look at 3 major sites in under an hour and learn the questions being written/typed .

just answer some simple trivial questions...yes, we changed sock hight, etc.

they obviously read the forums alot..just take some time to give something back..stop chirping about " this is the great communication/information age" and then communicate nothing while taking forum ideas from the masses.......

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    what I'm considering wouldnt even take that long... I can look at 3 major sites in under an hour and learn the questions being written/typed .

just answer some simple trivial questions...yes, we changed sock hight, etc.

they obviously read the forums alot..just take some time to give something back..stop chirping about " this is the great communication/information age" and then communicate nothing while taking forum ideas from the masses.......
    That's easy to do once the game is out, but they are busy busy busy right now. I think they did generally answer the trivial uniform questions in their first webcast and then again in the podcast when they said that they added a few new facemasks but didn't really add anything else if it wasn't a team uniform. AND THEN.... it was answered again as a probably not by all of the community day guys. Get the hint! No socks were not changed.