Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Football 14 (The Overhaul)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I could easily see the franchise disappear once the jump to the next console is needed. The amount of money that they'd have to invest in a new engine would probably require more money than EA is willing to spend, especially since history has shown that the need to start over created a large loss of revenue with the xbox/ps2 to 360/ps3 jump.

If they thought there was a chance that they'd be hard up for sales one day I think they'd listen to the community a little more, don't you? They're not worried about that happening, neither am I.

No chance EA NCAA Football stops getting made. There is a HUGE difference between college football and any other college sport - both in actual sport and TV ratings and video game sales. EA sells well over 1.5 million games of NCAA Football (910,000 360, 750,000 PS3 last year). Any game that sells over 1 million games is not close to being in jeopardy of being cancelled, especially since they share some work and development costs with the Madden team.

The college baseball and basketball games never came close to touching that. College Hoops 2K8 (which everyone raved about) sold 120,000 on the PS3, 160,000 on 360 and 350,000 on PS2. Those are decent numbers but 1/3 of college football sales.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    probably not since ea controls the ncaa license. there is the generic team option though.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Isn't it the fact that no one wants to pay the license as opposed to EA "controlling" it?
    If we're talking about the NCAA Football license, EA had an exclusive contract with CLC. Though it sounds like it may have ended in 2011 -- not sure. Either way, football was different from basketball,where both companies just dropped the game.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    2k's football game was FAR more broken than Madden has ever been. Passing the ball in 2k was atrocious.
    And the button for turbo, if memory serves, was the same as pitching the ball on the option.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yes you can. Neither college sport is making money from the video game franchise. That's just the facts of it.
    EA is consistently one of the top licensees for the CLC. Now, what that actually means in terms of $$$ is a different discussion.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'd like to see a second commentary team for Bowl Games and Championship games. Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden would be nice IMO.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TsecYJ3338s

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by t2jbird View Post
    I'd like to see a second commentary team for Bowl Games and Championship games. Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden would be nice IMO.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TsecYJ3338s
    I agree. They're a good combination (though I really like Jaws as well but he's be fired).