Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Definitive Guide To The Run & Shoot

• Facebook
  • Display
    If it wasn't for SMU the RNS may die out. Seems like last year there was a generic RNS playbook. Is SMU the only one this year?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342381819.073972.jpg

I'm usually a pound the rock type so it's taken awhile to get used to this offense. Finally starting to get the reads down. Still getting picked but not as bad as when I started. Nice offense. Looking forward to reading more of this thread.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 07-15-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    If it wasn't for SMU the RNS may die out. Seems like last year there was a generic RNS playbook. Is SMU the only one this year?
    The generic playbook still exists, but apparently the Generic playbooks are not selectable in the Custom Playbook list.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wait... Is Hawaii no longer R&S?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Wait... Is Hawaii no longer R&S?
    nope. they're now a pro style since norm chow took over as HC.

It would be a sad day if the R&S died in the College ranks.

June Jones cant coach forever. There has to be some younger R&S protege's out there, somewhere.

Online shooting

Quote Originally Posted by nykia31 View Post
    It would be a sad day if the R&S died in the College ranks.

June Jones cant coach forever. There has to be some younger R&S protege's out there, somewhere.

Online shooting

I agree with you buddy it would be a sad day. I dont think this will happen, and what is amazing is all the little things that this offensive philosophy has rubbed off on in the PRO ranks, College ranks, and even the High School ranks not to mention the whole NCAA and MADDEN community. The CHOICE route, the Middle READ vs MOFO and MOFC, the STREAKS (Verticals) play in which a player can be tagged to run a shallow while all others are running streaks, the emphasis on specific adjustments to various OPTION routes, all of these things have been used or are being used with pro style teams, spread teams etc...Many of the Air Raid guys have adopted an adjustment with those 2 outside receivers stating that if those corners are playing soft and they even still bail at the snap, what good is it for the receivers to continue to try to get past this defender? Instead lets use what the Run and Shoot guys do, and that is after 12-14 and the defender is still soft and bailing lets throw up the hand, plant and turn that into a comeback or deep curl, a run and shoot concept.

You should check out runs and shoot 101 on Facebook. Its all about the shoot on m16. And it does have more than 3 shoot plays... its just very modern shoot stuff. Army concept is pistol trips open - Outs. Thunder is trips - double outs. Slide is how Manny M runs slide in his triple shoot. Gun spread z in easily converts to Texas concept. Go is pretty much correct now. Same with choice. What they lack is man and blitz conversions. For instance on go vs man seam read runs a slant. Vs 0 he runs more of a drag. X option is essentially read. Switch is broken into fragments and features outs instead of ins... which I'll grant you is dumb. But you can pass lead switch to more of a seam or a post. Pistol vertical read is True Streak in June Jones terminology. A lot of the offense works... just no blitz adjustments so you have to do them yourself.

Anyways checkout my Facebook group.