I realize it is still very early in the year and we have yet to see any game-play video, so who knows where this thread will go, but I have discovered a lot of people that don't know much about the Run & Shoot who try it out in the game and love it. That said, last year's game didn't feature a true R&S offense. Sure, it had some R&S plays - about 4 - but the majority of plays have been in EA Football games for years.

I have no idea if they have expanded on the R&S this coming year or not, but I want to help those who are intrigued by this offense and want to learn more about it. In the video game here are the basic tools you will need to run this offense well:

1: A good O-line - You need time on some routes as they develop and a bad line will leave you in 2nd and long too many times. It's also possible that DT's will still warp unrealistically to get to your QB, but right now, we don't know.

2: YOU need to know how to read defenses prior to the snap AND after the snap. YOU also need to know where each WR will be on a given play. If you don't know how to read defenses you will not succeed w/ this offense. If you do - and trust me - so far in EA games, reading defenses is a piece of cake, then you should have no problems.

3: WR's that can do two things: Catch the football first and foremost and - have the speed to make yards after they catch the ball.

4: A great RB who can pass block when needed, run when needed and catch very well when needed. Most R&S teams have always had two types of backs on their team: A big, bruising back like Ironhead Heyward or Lorenzo White or Gary Brown and a smaller, quicker back like Erric Pegram or Allen Pinkett. Having one of each gives you many options.

5: You need to know the routes your option receivers will be running based on what the D is showing before the snap. Rarely - and I mean RARELY does the CPU defense show one thing and do something else, so unlike real life where the D might show Cover 2 then switch to Cover 3 or show Man w/ a safety deep and then blitz out of that, typically what the CPU defense shows before the snap is true to what they are running.

6: You need an accurate QB. Since the decision making will be on YOU, your QB's awareness need not be high, but in real life that part is a must.

I'm going to share some videos of the offense being explained and shown so those who want can see it in action and get a feel for it. This first video is of Colt Brennan explaining a play to Desmond Howard. Then they show that same play being run against Boise State for a TD. The second clip is some game cut-ups of the NY/NJ Knights from 1991 in the WFL. You will see two different QB's: # 10, who has a slow release from center and a slow passing release and often throws off the wrong foot, and also # 14, Bob Gagliano, who is much quicker in both his release from center and getting the ball out. This isn't a highlight video; you will see good and bad. But when it's good, just look at how wide open the WR's are. And lastly, I'll include a Houston Oiler video where Warren Moon ran the R&S to near perfection.

Feel free to ask any questions and as we get closer to the game being released, hopefully I'll be able to provide some insight and maybe give some of you some good options to running a very lethal offense.