Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Draft Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2012 NFL Draft Talk

Who's ready?

Who do you want your team to get?

For Da Bears, I'd be real happy with a Alshon Jeffery or Malcom Floyd.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I'm NOT happy AT ALL that Washington traded up for the #2 spot, but I'm praying to god that we get Luck instead of Griffin. Griffin is going to be mediocre, at best, in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I'm NOT happy AT ALL that Washington traded up for the #2 spot, but I'm praying to god that we get Luck instead of Griffin. Griffin is going to be mediocre, at best, in the NFL.
    Not a chance. Luck is about a close to a sure thing as you can get to going to the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Not a chance. Luck is about a close to a sure thing as you can get to going to the Colts.
    But, Irsay is insane and might take Griffin anyway, or, at least, that's what I've been able to talk myself into believing to save myself the heartache of the next 3-5 years of watching Redskins football....

I really hope the Steelers go after Oline or DBs. That or Devon Still falling to them

Steelers needs:

1. Guard or Tackle (depending which they got, they can move pieces to accommodate a rookie if he can start) - right now, they're looking at an O-Line that is weak at both Guard spots to some degree. However, if they drafted a Tackle they could move Colon to G.

2. Nose Tackle - Hampton is aging fast and he may start the season on the PUP List. McClendon did an adequate job last year, but a pick in the first 3 rounds is in order.

3. Inside Linebacker - With Farrior gone, they are looking at Foote as his replacement (unless Stevenson Sylvester shines in camp). I'd love to see them get the Mike Wallace situation resolved and grab Seattle's David Hawthorne to solidify this area before the draft. I'm not sold that the Steelers use their #1 here (though many are).

Depth needs: FS, CB, HB, WR

With 10 picks, they may move around a bit in the middle to late rounds. I wouldn't be shocked if they took a G and a T in the first 2 rounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

2012 NFL Draft Discussion

So, Gruden has started his new season of "Gruden's QB Camp" stuff and it's being posted to youtube as it comes out. So far, there have been 6, so I thought I'd post them here and get the conversation going about the draft, which is coming up next weekend.

Andrew Luck

Part 1:

Part 2:

Robert Griffin

Brandon Weeden

Brock Osweiler

Russell Wilson

Kellen Moore

If you had the ability to take ANY QB in the draft, no matter what team and who your team currently had at the helm, who would you want your team to take?

Personally, I think people are insane to want to take Griffin over Luck, but I think a bunch of teams are going to be kicking themselves for not taking Kellen Moore.

I'm an RGIII guy. Someone with that athletic ability AND the intelligence. The maturity of Griffin is amazing. The dude is going to be a winner regardless of what he does. I think he'll be an amazing QB and team leader.

...Tebow is a pimple on this guy's ass. He's got that kind of quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Someone with that athletic ability AND the intelligence.
    remember the hit that luck put on USC's shareese wright? plus, luck is studying architecture or something like that at stanford, who's light years above baylor in terms of academics. no offense to baylor, but there arent very many schools in the country who can compare to stanford's academics.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The dude is going to be a winner regardless of what he does. I think he'll be an amazing QB and team leader.
    he might. but i think luck is way more prepared to be an nfl quarterback and a ton more experienced at running an nfl offense. but, rg3, in the right situation, could flourish too.

For me, there has always been something about Russell Wilson. If he was a few inches taller, he would be in the discussion for first round QB's. It was lost how good of a season he had this year, and if his defense could stop two hail mary passes, they would have been in the NC game.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    For me, there has always been something about Russell Wilson. If he was a few inches taller, he would be in the discussion for first round QB's. It was lost how good of a season he had this year, and if his defense could stop two hail mary passes, they would have been in the NC game.
    I absolutely agree. He's a real sleeper in my mind and he apparently has the work ethic to get it done as well (to quickly learn the pro style offense of Wisconsin as quickly as he did says a lot about him as a student of the game).

I absolutely agree. He's a real sleeper in my mind and he apparently has the work ethic to get it done as well (to quickly learn the pro style offense of Wisconsin as quickly as he did says a lot about him as a student of the game).
    Exactly, he did not get on campus until July 1st.(believe that is what he said) If I was a GM of a team, I would love to get a guy like him in as late of a round as he is projected.

Thanks for posting those Mors....I'll have to check those out, been wanting to see them.

Everyone pretty much knows this but sources have confirmed that the Colts have told Luck they are taking him at #1

And the Redskins stupidly pick another QB that will waste their time for 3-5 years and continue to put the franchise in the dredges of the league...

Gruden's hour-long highlights-of-all-the-QBs was on ESPN tonight. The individual episodes look like they're mostly on ESPNU and will start at midnight tonight.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

And the Redskins stupidly pick another QB that will waste their time for 3-5 years and continue to put the franchise in the dredges of the league...
    Redskins pass on RG3 and take Richardson, mark it down.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Redskins pass on RG3 and take Richardson, mark it down.
    They do, and Shanahan would be run out of DC 15 minutes later.

They do, and Shanahan would be run out of DC 15 minutes later.
    And that would be bad how?