Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgate Golf CC - Country Club Forum

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That's what she said.

JB,

Just purchased the game today and after install, I see that it already recognized me as being a part og the TGCC. I think that is pretty cool.

Are we supposed to start playing in the daily tourneys, or do we play those at our leisure?

Quote Originally Posted by natcret View Post
    JB,

Just purchased the game today and after install, I see that it already recognized me as being a part og the TGCC. I think that is pretty cool.

Are we supposed to start playing in the daily tourneys, or do we play those at our leisure?
    The daily ones are at our leisure, no need to feel pressured to play those or even the weekly's right now.

G cheated if he really shot a -35 on that one tourney in the CC right now

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Well, I did have a week's headstart on you guys. My guy's power is around 88 or so plus I have some extra equipment unlocked which boosts it a bit more. That and I'm just that awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Well, I did have a week's headstart on you guys. My guy's power is around 88 or so plus I have some extra equipment unlocked which boosts it a bit more. That and I'm just that awesome.
    Well that I guess explains some of your scores. I think I am low 60s right now across the board (with the exception of the draw/fade which is at the minimum right now)

However, if those are the scores you are posting IMHO we are going to need to beef up the swing difficulty. Honestly, I rarely if EVER hit a bad shot on the settings we are currently using. Its just a matter of aiming/adjusting for the wind and whether you are shooting uphill or downhill. Putting seems pretty fair with green grid on but no putt preview.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    However, if those are the scores you are posting IMHO we are going to need to beef up the swing difficulty. Honestly, I rarely if EVER hit a bad shot on the settings we are currently using. Its just a matter of aiming/adjusting for the wind and whether you are shooting uphill or downhill. Putting seems pretty fair with green grid on but no putt preview.
    Basically..which is why I don't care for Swing meter being on..it really just messes me up more than anything. It tells you where to stop according to where your the marker is. My guy is 60's across the board except power is at 72

I haven't shanked a shot yet...in fact I played with my guy immediately after creating him the first time and had no problems with swing or accuracy other than power.

Today's daily is pure Tour Pro w/ hard swing difficulty at Royal Birkdale.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I think my thumb equilibrium is off.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Today's daily is pure Tour Pro w/ hard swing difficulty at Royal Birkdale.

I finished at -3 (currently the leader) but I left so many shots out there it's ridiculous. Four bogeys plus some birdies I should have picked up.

Is pretty much everyone on PS3? Haven't had but 1-2 other people compete in any of the 360 Tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by whitehippo24 View Post
    Is pretty much everyone on PS3? Haven't had but 1-2 other people compete in any of the 360 Tournaments.
    Certainly the majority are though I know there are a few 360 guys. As well, I believe JB plans to get it for 360.

Quote Originally Posted by whitehippo24 View Post
    I just got the game and I am getting used to it. Should be ready by the weekend for some competition play.

Well I just finished the Weekly Tournament at Pebble Beach on Xbox & shot a -31.
    My Golfer's Skills:
    Power 60
    Accuracy 65
    Workability 35
    Spin 40
    Recovery 55
    Putting 65

Could put up some seriously ridiculous scores once I get better a better skill set.

I was having a good round in the daily tournament until I shot a +7 on a hole. Then that just messed my whole mood up.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Lol I thought that score was from 1 round..it said through 18. -35 is attainable hell had I not played with my guy with default ratings think I could have scored better first round..and 2nd for that matter

Don't think I will catch G in the weekly. Putting is off tonight.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I finished at -3 (currently the leader) but I left so many shots out there it's ridiculous. Four bogeys plus some birdies I should have picked up.
    I finished tied with JB, just couldn't make a putt. -2

LOVED the daily settings as it made it much more challenging to hit solid approach shots to greens and putting was difficult as well. Ended with -1 as I just couldn't find the magic with the putter.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LOVED the daily settings as it made it much more challenging to hit solid approach shots to greens and putting was difficult as well. Ended with -1 as I just couldn't find the magic with the putter.
    That putter and the greens were just tough enough to be slightly off. I had fun playing that round, I had a bogey on #17 par 5 that really had my motor going as I missed a 6 foot par putt after shanking one in the trap and having to really just focus on getting it out verse getting it close.

These are the kind of rounds I REALLY want to see in our league. I want to see even par to -5 rounds, but I fear as our golfers get better these numbers may turn into -9 to -12 range quickly. Luckily though I hope we can all keep an open mind and make changes we see these numbers to keep this game challenging yet fun for everyone.