Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Feedback - March, April, & May 2012

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Forum Feedback - March, April, & May 2012

Since it's March and all, I thought I'd start a new thread for my current issue.

For whatever reason, ever since I switched to Google Chrome, I've been having issues with the forum where if I bold, italicize, or any other type of formatting on text and then go to hit backspace, it jumps to the end of the formatting instead of erasing what I was just typing.

Like, for instance, I'm typing this sentence right now. But then I hit backspace right here and it jumps back to erase the period from the previous sentence rather than erasing what I just typed. What's weird is it really only does it once and then it doesn't do it anymore until I attempt to do more formatting to the text and then it starts all over again.

Very strange stuff that I've never ran into before.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Since it's March and all, I thought I'd start a new thread for my current issue.

For whatever reason, ever since I switched to Google Chrome, I've been having issues with the forum where if I bold, italicize, or any other type of formatting on text and then go to hit backspace, it jumps to the end of the formatting instead of erasing what I was just typing.

Like, for instance, I'm typing this sentence right now. But then I hit backspace right here and it jumps back to erase the period from the previous sentence rather than erasing what I just typed. What's weird is it really only does it once and then it doesn't do it anymore until I attempt to do more formatting to the text and then it starts all over again.

Very strange stuff that I've never ran into before.
    It's been doing that to me for a long time. And when doing tables for my FIU dynasty or GSW association, it only happens when I'm currently typing something in bold. If I try to delete a letter to correct something, it jumps clear back to the previous column and starts deleting stuff from whatever I have typed there. It never does it when I'm just typing in plain text, only when typing in bold and only when in WYSIWYG editor mode.

I haven't come across that but most likely that's nothing we can really control... only up to the developer. There is a new version out there that we need to upgrade to but I haven't set aside any time to do the upgrade. It might fix it.

When are we gonna update the graphics and stuff? I'd like to help. Rotate banners or themes for certain seasons...the possibilities are endless.

Testing, testing, testing. Testing testing, testing, testing.

I've got Chrome (though I probably have an older version than you), and I don't see any problem with formatting + backspace.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Maybe it has something to do with Adblock plus being installed. Do you use that as well Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with Adblock plus being installed. Do you use that as well Jeff?
    I do not. I'd admittedly be surprised if AdBlock had anything to do with typing in Quick Reply.

Is there any difference between replying in Quick Reply and replying from the "Advanced" page?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I do not. I'd admittedly be surprised if AdBlock had anything to do with typing in Quick Reply.

Is there any difference between replying in Quick Reply and replying from the "Advanced" page?
    Nope. Both the same.

During the mix-up with my e-mail, I lost my donator status. I'm a thane, not part of the common rabble. Turn me golden or prepare for some arrows to the groin area.

Spoiler: show
    I play way too much Skyrim.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 03-27-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Not really an issue but was wondering if their was a possibility of adding something that hides TGT as a game website so I can browse from work?

By the way, I'm still diggin' the "dark" option, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Not really an issue but was wondering if their was a possibility of adding something that hides TGT as a game website so I can browse from work?
    Presuming your work uses the same kind of content blocker that mine does, there's very little that TGT can do to control that. The site gets categorized as gaming, and unless you can convince the powers-that-be who run the content blocker that it's not ...

Basically, you'd have to find a way to make a fake site that is actually TGT while appearing to be something legitimate.

I just noticed this in the Sights and Sounds thread. The user post count is staying with their posts instead of it changing dynamically throughout all of their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I just noticed this in the Sights and Sounds thread. The user post count is staying with their posts instead of it changing dynamically throughout all of their posts.
    My understanding is that the system runs a cycle that it will go through and update post counts, etc. all at once. It's not dynamic/instant but occurs every 15 minutes or thereabouts I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    My understanding is that the system runs a cycle that it will go through and update post counts, etc. all at once. It's not dynamic/instant but occurs every 15 minutes or thereabouts I believe.
    I could have sworn that I've seen it update pretty much immediately. But now that I go back and look at that thread they are all updated.

I believe that's also why you see threads with "Replies: 1" and "Views: 0", which is of course impossible.

I don't know what has happened but I'm at work AND on TGT. I went through the FB link. Officially happy as shit! lol

I'd like to put this smiley into consideration for part of the library

In our profile sections, it still asks who we voted for for the '12 cover.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I'd like to put this smiley into consideration for part of the library

Added.
    Between : :, the text for it is no_bait

Also added
    Last edited by cdj; 04-20-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    During the mix-up with my e-mail, I lost my donator status. I'm a thane, not part of the common rabble. Turn me golden or prepare for some arrows to the groin area.
    I thought JB had fixed it, but if not let me know.