Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - Thoughts & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - Thoughts & Impressions

I have knocked out a couple of rounds so far, created a Live Tournament in our Country Club, and gotten through the Toddler stage of Tiger Legacy.

I'm definitely not golfing like a champ right now the Live Tournament I created was hard swing difficulty, no spin, putt preview enabled, and shot a +1. Putting is my toughest thing right now as the majority of my putts are fast tempo and overswinging.

The old filter for the 70's portion of the Tiger Legacy Challenge is really sweet.

There is going to be so much to do with this game this year, it's insane.

Play a few games with HANDSWARD last night, all on strictly amateur (spin, putt preview), but no caddy. I averaged around a -10 after golfing three rounds. The difficulty has definitely been ramped up. After playing a few rounds, I have amassed just under 4000 coins. Not bad for just playing a portion of two nights.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Play a few games with HANDSWARD last night, all on strictly amateur (spin, putt preview), but no caddy. I averaged around a -10 after golfing three rounds. The difficulty has definitely been ramped up. After playing a few rounds, I have amassed just under 4000 coins. Not bad for just playing a portion of two nights.
    Two nights and 4000 coins.... makes me feel better.

I've hit my first hole in one for 13... #12 at Augusta. Tour Pro, no caddy, no pins.

Btw, I'm averaging around 600 or so coins per round.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

Btw, I'm averaging around 600 or so coins per round.
    Plus if you play four straight days, that's another 1000 coins.

And the more people that sign up in our Country Club and play, the more of a coin multiplier we'll get too.

First thought and impressions from me are, a huge plus from 12. I've only playing roughly 36 holes or so but I'm really enjoying it.

You really have to find your tempo in 13. I still haven't gotten it but I'm feeling more and more comfortable with each hole.

TW13 is available for download with the EA Sports Season Ticket. I started it downloading overnight when I left for work, I'll give the whole game a try this weekend.

Definitely will not be pre-ordering it, partly because I don't have the spare money to put towards new games right now, also because I'm just not personally comfortable with the new systems and changes to put down the money and jump from 12 (which I'm only in season 3 of the career so far, so still lots of playing to be done in 12) and upgrade to 13. But it'll give me a chance to see what the full game is like to maybe I'll considering picking it up sometime down the road later in the year.

I'm about 8 or so rounds in.

First initial reactions were that wow, very fun and felt very fun! Those thoughts are still there.

Just a couple of things, the chipping takes just a little bit to get used to. Same as putting, tempo is very important.

I think driving the ball is really easy and not that difficult to avoid trouble. One other thing the current setup we are considering for TGA I worry after a few weeks we could be firing some low scores. The approaches are rather easy at times and doesn't really require a ton of thought. The differences will be on the green and around it. Those who can chip/putt will do very well.

I've found to not rush and really concentrate on my putts is the key. Occasionally though I still miss a short one but I feel pretty good where I'm at this early on with the game.

Also just a note to those struggling to read putts maybe turn on the putt preview for a few rounds. It will help you judge the break a little better heading forward.

I downloaded the game and its pretty fun. I started completely from "zero" with my new golfer and it has been challenging. Did the rest of you import your old TW 12 XP?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I downloaded the game and its pretty fun. I started completely from "zero" with my new golfer and it has been challenging. Did the rest of you import your old TW 12 XP?
    I did. You don't get the same amount of xp you had in 12. I think I got 7500 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I did. You don't get the same amount of xp you had in 12. I think I got 7500 or something like that.
    I must have missed the import part because I didn't know you could lol

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I must have missed the import part because I didn't know you could lol
    Yeah when you're typing in your name and etc. Down below on the legend it says to hit to import Tiger 12 XP

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah when you're typing in your name and etc. Down below on the legend it says to hit to import Tiger 12 XP
    Well shit..its probably too late for that now

I imported mine and got 75,000. I know JB did the same and got 75,000. imported and got 50,000 just as an example.

Well shizzle looks like my golfer is going to be 75K behind to start. I have already started my new guy and I'm not even sure if I have my TW 12 save file any more.

I've noticed on SEVERAL occasions now that if you hit a shot and it BOUNCES into a sand trap when you go to your next shot it is ALWAYS in the rough next to the trap and not in the actual trap. Not sure if that is patchable or not but it has happened to me now on several occasions.

I used my season pass to DL this game last night. I have NEVER played a Tiger Woods game before so my observations probably mean little. But my first reaction... WOW! The graphics are absolutely phenomenal. When you do a fly over and are standing 10-15 feet away from your TV, it looks real! The amount of course and downloadable courses are very impressive. As for the gameplay... I can't really say other than I am absolutely awful at this game. I look forward to playing a few rounds tonight.

Well shizzle looks like my golfer is going to be 75K behind to start. I have already started my new guy and I'm not even sure if I have my TW 12 save file any more.

I've noticed on SEVERAL occasions now that if you hit a shot and it BOUNCES into a sand trap when you go to your next shot it is ALWAYS in the rough next to the trap and not in the actual trap. Not sure if that is patchable or not but it has happened to me now on several occasions.
    Anyone else noticed this? It happened to me again a couple of times last night but its definitely not every time as a few times my next shot was from the trap.

Anyone else noticed this? It happened to me again a couple of times last night but its definitely not every time as a few times my next shot was from the trap.
    Yeah, it's a bug.

Good win for Tiger with release just two days away. Can't hurt that's for sure haha.

Jaymo, keep playing as you do you'll most likely really find yourself enjoying it more and more!

Yeah...I bet that will help boost some sales for sure.