Thread: Does the difficulty level really matter?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Recruit

Does the difficulty level really matter?

posted in another forum, thought I'd ask here...

if you change the sliders for heisman....is it still really heisman? (if you lower them)

if you are playing jv/varsity with really difficult sliders does that represent something closer to heisman possibly?

basically, are the diff levels used as just a base starting point or do they make a difference even after you mess with the sliders?

haven't played this game in several years so I am new to the whole slider thing. I used to just play on heisman back in the day before there were so many different options. So I really don't have a clue as to where to start with sliders and such.

any tips or input would be great.

As you (partially) concluded, the difficulty levels are the base starting point. The modifications made by moving the sliders are relative to the base starting point, so yes, the difficulty level still matters. I don't think anyone has determined (if it's even possible) where Heisman begins and All-American ends. It's possible that All-American on maxed sliders is the equivalent of Heisman on minimum sliders. I don't think anyone knows.

Though I believe the base difficulty level does affect things that are outside the slider sets. That's one reason why there are some people (myself included on some editions of the game) that found a more satisfying experience on maxed out Varsity, while others prefer Heisman below the default level.

I know it's probably obvious (and a lot to digest), but one of the first things to look at for tips is Steelerfan's thread here. Since you said that you played Heisman, you may want to start with Jerzey's thread here.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 03-12-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Recruit
    awesome man, thanks for the response!