Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    So, when they say it's a "fair catch kick" does that mean that Rackers kicked the ball off, and the Giants fair caught the kick off instead of running it back, thus allowing the Cardinals to attempt this kick? Do I have that right?
    From my understanding of the Yahoo Sports article, the Giants kicked off deep (someone mentioned a penalty or something) and a fair catch gave Arizona the ball at their own 42 yard line.

With only 5 seconds left before halftime, they could have done the usual of snapping the ball and trying a hail mary, or they could "fair catch kick", which is basically a field goal attempt, just the ball isn't snapped, there's no offensive or defensive lines, and it's basically like a kickoff, just no tee and either someone must be holding the ball or you have to drop kick it.

If it goes through the uprights, you get three points, like a standard field goal. If it doesn't and stays in bounds, the other team is able to return it similar to a kickoff return.

Ocho is a Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    From my understanding of the Yahoo Sports article, the Giants kicked off deep (someone mentioned a penalty or something) and a fair catch gave Arizona the ball at their own 42 yard line.

With only 5 seconds left before halftime, they could have done the usual of snapping the ball and trying a hail mary, or they could "fair catch kick", which is basically a field goal attempt, just the ball isn't snapped, there's no offensive or defensive lines, and it's basically like a kickoff, just no tee and either someone must be holding the ball or you have to drop kick it.

If it goes through the uprights, you get three points, like a standard field goal. If it doesn't and stays in bounds, the other team is able to return it similar to a kickoff return.
    sounds like a Canadian football rule

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Ocho is a Dolphin
    They finally got rid of the cancer that is Brandon Marshall, only to replace it with an even bigger cancer in Chad Ochocinco. Well played Dolphins front office.

They finally got rid of the cancer that is Brandon Marshall, only to replace it with an even bigger cancer in Chad Ochocinco. Well played Dolphins front office.
    I'm not a big fan of this move just because I don't think Chad has anything left in the tank. But that might still be better than a lot of the Dolphins WRs. The Dolphins will be relying heavily on TEs and RBs in the passing game because their WRs have to be the worst in the league. They are terrible. Your top two WRs are Devone Bess and Brian Hartline. Neither of those guys are #1 material and probably not #2 material. They don't have a legitimate starter imo. And the guys after them don't have any catches or experience and not a lot of upside. Most Dolphin fans couldn't name the young unknowns on this roster. I'm just praying one of them blossoms into something because there looks to be no talent at WR for Miami.

You think Ocho is a cancer? He may be a shameless self-promoter but he's always appeared to be a team guy, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    You think Ocho is a cancer? He may be a shameless self-promoter but he's always appeared to be a team guy, to me.
    Yeah I agree. He did nothing in Cincy to break the team apart, even with TO there. And he played his role in NE and you really didn't hear him complain at all.

Dolphins get Hard Knocks. Dolphins sign Eight Five. Hmmmmm.

he can be goof-ball. But he isnt a jerk. He got more acting gigs then T O during the lock out LOL

Well, he may not be a cancer (I was making the post at 1:30 in the morning so it sounded good to me ), but he is and can be a diva and occasionally stir up shit in the locker room and on the field. He may have finally settled down over the last couple years, I'll admit that I haven't really heard much about him getting in trouble or starting problems up in New England, but then again, I really don't pay any attention at all to New England because I couldn't get any less of a damn about them.

He is a WR, there are not many of them that are not diva's, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    He is a WR, there are not many of them that are not diva's, lol.
    Touche.

When I traded Chad Johnson from the Bengals in Head Coach 09, I received a positive reaction from my locker room.

Just sayin'.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    When I traded Chad Johnson from the Bengals in Head Coach 09, I received a positive reaction from my locker room.

Just sayin'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

NFL Game Rewind from nfl.com will feature Coaches Film this year. I may have to get this.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/sec...es?ttv=7&ttp=3

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    NFL Game Rewind from nfl.com will feature Coaches Film this year. I may have to get this.

looks nice/cool

something like this can only be offered online ?

I have to admit, it was a very, very cool moment. Most of the time in that game, if you release a player you'll see either mixed reactions or a generally negative reaction, no matter if the player is new to the team or not. When I took over the Bengals my first goal was to get rid of Chad, because I personally don't like him. And I knew he had value in the game. I was never expecting such a positive reaction from the in-game team. It was very amusing.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Looks like I'm going to be $70 poorer this season.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

That's definitely damn cool. May have to invest in that since I don't plan on getting television when I move.

Is the NFL Network worth an extra ten bucks on my cable bill? I have been thinking about getting it since the NFL season is getting closer.