Thread: 2012 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    As always, you completely missed the point
    No, i didnt miss your point/angle.
    You think its a negative.

Tim Tebow NYJ jersey sales were 400% greater than Peyton Manning DEN jersey sales currently
    That statement just makes me sad. Look at Manning, his body of work, the records, et al. Tebow is seemingly a good person with a hell of a lot of luck and very minimal natural QUARTERBACKING skills. There are so many exciting NFL storylines out there yet a backup NYJ Qb gets all the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    That statement just makes me sad. Look at Manning, his body of work, the records, et al. Tebow is seemingly a good person with a hell of a lot of luck and very minimal natural QUARTERBACKING skills. There are so many exciting NFL storylines out there yet a backup NYJ Qb gets all the attention.
    because millions of people/women saw him say that meeting a kid with medical problems or what ever was more important than winning or losing a game...he is more popular for the human he is then the football player he is..its that simple.

haters gonna' hate

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    There are so many exciting NFL storylines out there yet a backup NYJ Qb gets all the attention.
    There's also something to be said for New York versus Denver. Plus, the Jets fans are probably snatching up those jerseys out of "hope".
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    There's also something to be said for New York versus Denver. Plus, the Jets fans are probably snatching up those jerseys out of "hope".
    huh ? no one buys jerseys out of hope..you buy it out of adulation.Nothing more,nothing less.

Sean Payton has reached out to Bill Parcells to coach the Saints in 2012. Very interesting.

Sean Payton has reached out to Bill Parcells to coach the Saints in 2012. Very interesting.
    Not sure how Parcells will match with the Saints. Parcell's coaching philosophy is completely different than what the Saints do.(especially on offense)

If there's a prop somewhere out there for the Saints not getting any further than the Divisional round, I'm all over that. The Saints are dead ducks in the playoffs next season (if they make it that far).

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    If there's a prop somewhere out there for the Saints not getting any further than the Divisional round, I'm all over that. The Saints are dead ducks in the playoffs next season (if they make it that far).
    Denver jumped up from 25/1 to 8/1 just like that with Manning. So keep an eye out on something. Especially in the offseason those lines shift hard very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    huh ? no one buys jerseys out of hope..you buy it out of adulation. Nothing more,nothing less.
    Uhm ...... no. You buy the new jersey for the new player because you believe he'll make a difference. Not because you admire anything he's actually done for your team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Uhm ...... no. You buy the new jersey for the new player because you believe he'll make a difference. Not because you admire anything he's actually done for your team yet.
    and I'll say no, they are buying a jersey of a player who has already succeeded. They may hope he does well for them but hope doesnt cause a jersey to out sell others. Past success plus who he is causes it to sell big..even if he fails, its still the pro jersey of what is possibly the greatest college QB of a long time,stat wise.

I wonder if with the NFL switching to NIKE this year, if any teams are/will be changeing their jersey styles? That definitely happened back when the NHL switched jerseys and for the most part it was NOT for the better.

only teams desperate for change may do something drastic..you know most of the teams like Packers, Steelers,Browns Colts, Redskins,Cowboys, Giants,Bears wont change anything

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    only teams desperate for change may do something drastic..you know most of the teams like Packers, Steelers,Browns Colts, Redskins,Cowboys, Giants,Bears wont change anything
    Personally I would love to see the Seahawks get away from their "trendy" colour scheme and move back to a more classic blue & gray traditional look.

if only i found this a couple of days ago

The Ben-gals (the cheerleaders, not the team) have certainly been in the news lately.

First, there was this story about breast implants dividing the locker room. http://www.nesn.com/2012/03/cincinna...-implants.html

( Pretty sure someone linked that here, but couldn't find it after a quick search )

Now, the captain is being accused of sleeping with a student. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/ben-...andal-16044427

why couldnt i have had teachers who were that hot when i was in school?

they finally get a playoff game after all the other problems with various bad character players and then all this....they forgot that they dont live in Cleveland..

One of the best NFL clips ever.