Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2012 NFL Offseason Talk

Rams looking to trade away the #2 slot. Looks like we will have QBs go #1 and #2 in the draft.

Redskins and Browns look to be the major players for the #2 Rams pick.

I've heard the Redskins could potentially look to go after Manning and Wayne as a package deal.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I can guarantee you that, if we trade up to #2 for Griffin (which I think is a HORRIBLE idea, btw), we will not be spending money on Manning and Wayne as a package deal. Manning won't be coming to DC if we trade up.

Personally, I hope the Redskins stand pat, tell the Rams to go fuck themselves, get Manning and Wayne along with a few other choice FAs on the cheap, and trade back in the draft. Stockpile some picks and be smart about it. If it was Luck, I'd be a bit more interested in the trade, but, unfortunately, it's for someone in Griffin that has a HUGE bust potential.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I can guarantee you that, if we trade up to #2 for Griffin (which I think is a HORRIBLE idea, btw), we will not be spending money on Manning and Wayne as a package deal. Manning won't be coming to DC if we trade up.

Personally, I hope the Redskins stand pat, tell the Rams to go fuck themselves, get Manning and Wayne along with a few other choice FAs on the cheap, and trade back in the draft. Stockpile some picks and be smart about it. If it was Luck, I'd be a bit more interested in the trade, but, unfortunately, it's for someone in Griffin that has a HUGE bust potential.
    I can't see the Redskins and Snyder making a good decision here.

I'm not a fan of Snyder, my cousin worked for him for a few years and told a few stories about him that are less then inspiring. The funniest one is that you as an employee are not allowed to look him in the eyes

Snyder doesn't make the decisions. Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen do. Simple as that.

Yeah, I didn't mean they were going to do both. Just the rumors out there, one or the other.

The Steelers have officially announced that they will release Hines Ward.

I totally understand the move. He has been relegated to being the 5th receiver and a 5th receiver needs to be able to play special teams. Those days are long gone.

That said, he is certainly one of the all-time greatest Steelers and I will always hold him in high regard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Facebook posts by Adam Schefter.

NFL security determined between 22 and 27 defensive players on the Saints, as well as at least one asst. coach, maintained a bounty program.
    Investigation reviewed 18.000 documents totaling more than 50,000 pages. Commissioner Goodell will determine the discipline.
    NFL determined that former Saints DC Gregg Williams administered the program with knowledge of other defensive coaches.
    Discipline for the Saints could include fines, suspensions and forfeiture of draft choices.
    NFL investigation of Saints began in 2010 when allegations were made that Saints targeted QBs such as Brett Favre and Kurt Warner.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-02-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Facebook posts by Adam Schefter.
    Much less interesting then Patriot-gate. No surprise there.

and even if the Redskins go after Manning..I doubt he would do it to avoid playing the Giants twice a year... I believe he will go to an AFC team

And the wheel goes round.

ESPN NFL - WSH POST: NFL to investigate if Redskins had bounty program when Gregg Williams was d-coordinator

Won't be anything against us. The Saints? Absolutely because they were told to cut it out and kept going with it. Gibbs flat out denies that anything happened during Williams' time here and if there's one man in this world that wouldn't lie, it's Joe Gibbs. If he knew about it, he would have reported it when it was happening.

Feel bad for the Saints because the hammer is going to be dropped on them.

Won't be anything against us. The Saints? Absolutely because they were told to cut it out and kept going with it. Gibbs flat out denies that anything happened during Williams' time here and if there's one man in this world that wouldn't lie, it's Joe Gibbs. If he knew about it, he would have reported it when it was happening.

Yeah, in this case it appears the NFL is investigating solely because Gregg Williams was there at one time, not that there has been any actual signs or proof that the Redskins did it. As for the Saints, I agree, they're screwed.

A former coach and 5 former players have come forward already to say that the Redskins were doing the same thing under Williams.

I would not be surprised if Williams gets suspended for at least the season.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    A former coach and 5 former players have come forward already to say that the Redskins were doing the same thing under Williams.

Really? I hadn't heard that. This is getting interesting. I'd have to agree with Ryby, Williams is going to get bent over by the NFL at the rate these investigations are going.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Really? I hadn't heard that. This is getting interesting. I'd have to agree with Ryby, Williams is going to get bent over by the NFL at the rate these investigations are going.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...4poR_blog.html

this is lame..everyone does it..he's just the one getting caught...of course I dont think/mean everyone does it, i'm just generalizing..but the point is,this isnt that big a deal in football, guys already get hit, so what if someone plants a little harder? it happens whether theres a motivational bounty or not

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    this is lame..everyone does it..he's just the one getting caught...of course I dont think/mean everyone does it, i'm just generalizing..but the point is,this isnt that big a deal in football, guys already get hit, so what if someone plants a little harder? it happens whether theres a motivational bounty or not
    guys are going to get hit regardless, you are right. but there's a big difference in hitting your opponent cleanly, and trying to cause permanent injury to him. and thats what the bounties do; they reward players for playing dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    guys are going to get hit regardless, you are right. but there's a big difference in hitting your opponent cleanly, and trying to cause permanent injury to him. and thats what the bounties do; they reward players for playing dirty.
    i'm not saying its a great thing at all..but its not a big deal either.. and a coaches career shouldnt be made an example of in an extreme way..just charge a fine and move on..its the least important or interesting thing in this weeks news as far as I care....steroids and (((guys who cant read good))) are bigger problems LOL

Yes, trying to intentionally injure (instead of simply just tackle) and potentially permanently end a player's career because you'll get a bounty from your coach for it isn't a big deal at all.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-05-2012 at 06:18 AM.