Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teambuilder Team Suggestions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Recruit

Teambuilder Team Suggestions

I thought I'd start a post for those looking for ideas and/or suggestions for their Teambuilder teams.

Recruit
    I created a team "Northwest Nebraska State" last year to try and set something up like HuskerBlitz's NSU or joshuahusker's Wisconsin State. Anyway, I called them the "Ruff Riders" and found a logo to use. Well, this year I was thinking about changing the name or the logo as it sounds and looks more like a Pro or Semi-Pro team than a college team. I was just wondering what you guys thought, whether I should keep them as the Ruff Riders or change their name/logo. Let me know what you guys think?

Here is my Home and Away uniforms:

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    I thought I'd start a post for those looking for ideas and/or suggestions for their Teambuilder teams.
    Can this be an all everything type thread? Ideas/suggestions/color tricks/ cool logos found/ post pics/ compare-contrast/critique stuff without being a flamer or troll etc et al.

I created a team "Northwest Nebraska State" last year to try and set something up like HuskerBlitz's NSU or joshuahusker's Wisconsin State. Anyway, I called them the "Ruff Riders" and found a logo to use. Well, this year I was thinking about changing the name or the logo as it sounds and looks more like a Pro or Semi-Pro team than a college team. I was just wondering what you guys thought, whether I should keep them as the Ruff Riders or change their name/logo. Let me know what you guys think?

for me, logo being same color as helmet is a definite no-no . It needs to stand out more.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Can this be an all everything type thread? Ideas/suggestions/color tricks/ cool logos found/ post pics/ compare-contrast/critique stuff without being a flamer or troll etc et al.
    Sure, I think that's a great idea. Thanks for the first critique.

for me, logo being same color as helmet is a definite no-no . It needs to stand out more.
    Yeah, when I created the logo I kinda thought the same thing, but was to lazy to find another after I spent an hour using mspaint to smooth out the colors...
    Last edited by BPHusker; 07-08-2010 at 07:21 PM.

:[QUOTE=BPHusker;9496]Sure, I think that's a great idea. Thanks for the first critique.

thanks for not being upset about it

Recruit
    Anyone have any logos that would be good for the "Ruff/Rough Riders"? Also, are you able to convert or copy NCAA10 TB teams to NCAA11 or do you have to recreate them from scratch?
    Last edited by BPHusker; 07-08-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Anyone have any logos that would be good for the "Ruff/Rough Riders"? Also, are you able to convert or copy NCAA10 TB teams to NCAA11 or do you have to recreate them from scratch?
    if you go to the present NCAA 11 teambuilder with blue screen-log in-search for your stuff using the NCAA 10 tab in the lower left where it says -choose year- find the team you to want go in to edit - edit it- save- the edited team will now appear for NCAA 11- the edits you made will not stick to the NCAA 10 team- after youve made the team clone to NCAA 11, you will probably need to edit from there again because text box stuff is screwy till finalized in NCAA 11- to go purely to NCAA 10 teambuilder- there is a tab in upper left that says -go to NCAA 10 TB- it will open up a green screen window- you dont need to go there unless you want to change a NCAA 10 team exclusivly.

Also, are you able to convert or copy NCAA10 TB teams to NCAA11 or do you have to recreate them from scratch?
    If it was your team and it was on the NCAA 10 Teambuilder some time ago, it should already be on the NCAA 11 Teambuilder. Look under My Schools. If you're asking about converting somebody else's team, check this post in the FAQ.

What I like to look for when I creating a team is realism. What I mean is when I am thinking about creating a team I need to have the NCAA logo or the manufacturer logo. (Nike, Under Armor, ect.) Also if at all possible I try to use some existing team parts like pants with the same color as a team I am creating with the manufacturer logo on it, or a helmet that I can use. If you are making a completely fictional team try to use one logo and use your other spot for the nike or whatever manu you plan on using.

I think your home uniforms would look better if you incorporated some white piping to the red. Try to use white piping around the numbers and the stripe on the jerseys or make the numbers and stripe white and the red can be used for your piping

Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    What I like to look for when I creating a team is realism. What I mean is when I am thinking about creating a team I need to have the NCAA logo or the manufacturer logo. (Nike, Under Armor, ect.) Also if at all possible I try to use some existing team parts like pants with the same color as a team I am creating with the manufacturer logo on it, or a helmet that I can use. If you are making a completely fictional team try to use one logo and use your other spot for the nike or whatever manu you plan on using.
    Not a bad idea. This is essentially why I really wish there were 3 logo spots

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    I think your home uniforms would look better if you incorporated some white piping to the red. Try to use white piping around the numbers and the stripe on the jerseys or make the numbers and stripe white and the red can be used for your piping
    I decided to rework the uniform and the logo. This is what I came up with...

Helmet

Home

Away

Alt Home

Alt Away

I was fine until your last two. Then I had some involuntary twitching. Not sure why.

Why does looking at the home uniform suddenly give me mental images of the Mean Machine?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Why does looking at the home uniform suddenly give me mental images of the Mean Machine?

Why does my mouth start watering every time I look at/read your name ?........smooooth paaaancaaakes mmmmm

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I was fine until your last two. Then I had some involuntary twitching. Not sure why.

Yeah, I just kinda went for an off the wall style for those alts.

what we've learned so far-

grey/ silver looks like bathroom tile-
    yellows and golds are hard to make without looking like maple or caramel haha-
    I assume the jersey designs that interupted numbers last year still do the same because I havent tried them yet...? I really want to use the Arizona wildcats one , but....

Yeah, I just kinda went for an off the wall style for those alts.
    Hahaha. It wasn't style, it was the helmet pattern

I assume the jersey designs that interupted numbers last year still do the same because I havent tried them yet...? I really want to use the Arizona wildcats one , but....
    Can you expand on this? I have no idea what you mean here.