View Poll Results: Will you be watching the LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular on ESPN Thursday?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 50.00%
  • No

9 50.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: POLL - The LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular - Will you watch?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Man, Dan Gilbert is really telling free agents to not come to Cleveland. He tells LeBron he has no loyalty, but he fires a coach that had the league's best record two years straight....forgot about that fact. This guy is an idiot.

Man the list could go on and on with Cavs in the playoffs and their team in general. Of course the owner would say he quit but he should have also noted some other facts in the blame game.

Mike Brown was the NBA's version of Scott Norwood. In 7 years their best additions were an old Shaq, who they tried to run the offense through instead of using him what he was brought in for and Jamison who was about as effective as the coach was. And not to forget "No Show Mo" Williams. The 2nd best and most consistent player on the team was Anderson Varejo who not to mention they signed to a unthinkable 6-year/$50 million contract!. The owner stated that his marquee player would have no say in who the next coach would be AND they brought in a new GM. He didn't say, "we could have tried to make a better effort for players" none of that. Cleveland was an overachieving team who had no business being as good (in the regular season) as they were but then again the players aren't playing all out anyway during then.

None of that sends signals to me that I would want to be a part of that team to just rot and be in the list of great players to never win a ring. In the end what does everyone care about winning?

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh react after reading Dan Gilbert's letter:

Last edited by HWill; 07-09-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    Lebron, Wade, and Bosh react after reading Dan Gilbert's letter:
    If it's from ImageShack, it's blocked at work

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I assume it's taken from an all-star game but it's the three of them in some room with Wade & Bosh with huge laughter and LeBron with a lazy grin.

its a pic of them having the lol'z in their old team's warmups.

Thanks for the edit HWill that's good. I personally like all three players....so I'm not going to root for them to fail, until they face the Celtics.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...alebron-100709

People want loyalty, as if that's going to cover things. Just imagine if LeBron spent an entire, title-free career in Cleveland. In 25 years, when the greats are gathered for a tribute to the all-time legends, the chatter could go like this:

"Hey, it's Tim Duncan, four-time champion."
    "Look, it's Kobe, wearing all five of his rings."
    "There's LeBron ... he was ... loyal."
    Awkward silence.
    "Have you seen KG?"
    Haha

Thanks for the edit HWill that's good. I personally like all three players....so I'm not going to root for them to fail, until they face the Celtics.
    Yeah, I couldn't see it when I posted it because I put the URL in wrong.

Ahhh thought it might have been something funny on ImageShack....oddly enough Photobucket is not blocked here at work.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The truly great players win in the situation they find themselves in. They don't have to pull this kind of crap to manufacture a win. I hope Miami chokes every year. Hell, I'll root for the M'F'n Lakers to beat them at this point. LeBron has tarnished any future talk of his greatness, IMO.

That being said.....HA HA Cleveland!
    Great players get help and the front office in cleveland had 7 yrs to get someone in there to help him. This was the best thing, he already has money, and is the best player in the league. All he needs is rings to solidify his greatness. Kobe threatened to leave if they didnt get him any help, yet its ok for him to make those threats? LBJ needed help and he went somewhere that he will have help.

Lebron proved himself in cleveland. He did all he could there, you cant win a championship with one player.

Great post Tex

My wife I will admit is a band wagon fan. So I ordered the League Pass the last 4 years so she could watch EVERY Cavs game. They made no real thorough attempt to win a ring there IMO but they were fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Great post Tex

My wife I will admit is a band wagon fan. So I ordered the League Pass the last 4 years so she could watch EVERY Cavs game. They made no real thorough attempt to win a ring there IMO but they were fun to watch.
    Thanks.
    Tired of everyone putting blame on Lebron, you play professional sports to win championships. And thats what he did, made a move to get him there.

I agree a very fun team to watch, and imagine how fun the heat are going to be to watch

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Thanks.
    Tired of everyone putting blame on Lebron, you play professional sports to win championships. And thats what he did, made a move to get him there.

I agree a very fun team to watch, and imagine how fun the heat are going to be to watch
    Yeah anyone who calls him a turncoat for going to Miami is just hypocritical. I can understand some anger for a Cleveland fan....but at the same time, anyone would kill for the chance to be at the top of the world on their profession if given the chance.

Yeah anyone who calls him a turncoat for going to Miami is just hypocritical. I can understand some anger for a Cleveland fan....but at the same time, anyone would kill for the chance to be at the top of the world on their profession if given the chance.
    Exactly, i do believe they will have to put him in protective custody for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Thanks.

Yeah the thing that bothered me the most was what the owner had to say. The same one who has profitted over 100 million while Lebron was filling the seats.

Then he tried to play the teaching children game. As if showing kids what three superstars could do with teaming up with another instead of being greedy guys and signing where the money is doesn't mean much

I think the owner is from Michigan, and just think....he about stole Izzo from Michigan State.....that would have devastated man MSU fans I bet. But he didn't care about that. But now it's turned around on him, and he's going to look back at this a year from now and say ... damn I fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah the thing that bothered me the most was what the owner had to say. The same one who has profitted over 100 million while Lebron was filling the seats.

Then he tried to play the teaching children game. As if showing kids what three superstars could do with teaming up with another instead of being greedy guys and signing where the money is doesn't mean much
    Yeah, I personally will be hoping like hell that Miami plays Cleveland next year in the playoffs (before the Cavs officially fall back into irrelevancy forever) and then smoke the Lakers to win the Championship. I'd love to hear what Dan "talking out of my ass" Gilbert has to say then and why they didn't win his "GUARANTEED" championship before Lebron won one. Cleveland fans in this past 15 hours have shown that Lebron made exactly the right choice. They loved him while he was there because they were actually relevant, but now that he's gone, lets hate him, make threats, burn his jerseys in effigy, etc. These past 15 hours alone make me believe that they never even deserved so much as a single year of these past 7 years from him.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I personally will be hoping like hell that Miami plays Cleveland next year in the playoffs (before the Cavs officially fall back into irrelevancy forever) and then smoke the Lakers to win the Championship. I'd love to hear what Dan "talking out of my ass" Gilbert has to say then and why they didn't win his "GUARANTEED" championship before Lebron won one. Cleveland fans in this past 15 hours have shown that Lebron made exactly the right choice. They loved him while he was there because they were actually relevant, but now that he's gone, lets hate him, make threats, burn his jerseys in effigy, etc. These past 15 hours alone make me believe that they never even deserved so much as a single year of these past 7 years from him.
    Ah, the passion of Cleveland. Beer bottles at refs on the field! hahaha. They've never really been good at reactions

Meh. Any city would be irate to lose him.

And to be clear, tex, what I'm saying is MJ didn't have to leave what was a horrid Chicago franchise to win. He was patient and he made everyone around him better. Pippen proved to be a product of MJ when he couldn't produce in Houston. He had no chance of sniffing that 50th Anniversary team if it wasn't for MJ. MJ didn't have to go "New York Yankees" and "buy" his legacy.

I'm not saying I blame LeBron for wanting to win, I'm just saying it's cheapened if he wins this way. Like Bourque winning the Cup with Colorado.

As for Kobe, he is a POS.