View Poll Results: Will you be watching the LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular on ESPN Thursday?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 50.00%
  • No

9 50.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: POLL - The LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular - Will you watch?

• Facebook
  • Display
    I win $5 for betting with a co-worker...WOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I win $5 for betting with a co-worker...WOOO!
    What's her name? ..and will she pay you in ones?

Here's what Cleveland thought of this.

I posted this video and when I wake up tomorrow I'm expecting a full-out comment-war (it's already starting).

Well, at least all will once again be right with the universe! The Browns and Indians already suck, and now the Cavs will once again suck. Cleveland, welcome back to irrelevancy in professional sports.

Smooth, you'll enjoy what I posted on Twitter.

Let's be honest here people ... it will break some kind of space-time-fabric-universal-constant if something good happens to Cleveland.
    LeBron *can't* stay. For the sake of the universe. (As an Ohioan, I hope he does. It just doesn't seem plausible.)
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

The Cavs message boards are UGLY right now. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Smooth, you'll enjoy what I posted on Twitter.

Let's be honest here people ... it will break some kind of space-time-fabric-universal-constant if something good happens to Cleveland.
    LeBron *can't* stay. For the sake of the universe. (As an Ohioan, I hope he does. It just doesn't seem plausible.)
    Nice! Yes, I do enjoy that, haha. I don't know why, I just get so much pleasure from watching my friends who are Cleveland fans suffer over and over and over again every year. Now that their only hope at a title (the Cavs) just got shot down, along with any continued actual success, all is finally right in the world in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What's her name? ..and will she pay you in ones?
    A week from Saturday...yes. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post

Here's what Cleveland thought of this.

I posted this video and when I wake up tomorrow I'm expecting a full-out comment-war (it's already starting).
    That chick in white in the middle of the bar was hilarious......I think on ESPN during the live telecast she mouthed are you fucking kidding me.

Well, I must say, I hate Miami even more now, haha. But I have 3 really good questions that noone is seeming to think about.

1: How is Miami going to react over the next 5 or 6 years when they DON'T win another title. Another "Big 3", ok. But they are not tailor made for the same game as the other "Big 3" were. There's still only so many possessions in a game, and with all the touches that Wade and LB23 need to play their game, it's gonna be a disaster in the playoffs. For the C's Ray Allen is ready made for running the baseline and off picks to free up an outside shot. He's always been like that, just on past teams he had to handle way too much with the talent. Pierce is made for creating and is very unselfish until he needs to be. Garnett is the perfect 1 on 1 mid range player at his position. But now for Miami, there is no Ray Allen. There are 2 Paul Pierces/Kobe's/Jordan's/Lebron's/Wade's. Who's going to be Scottie Pippen? It looks great on paper though, I will say that.

2: Can't wait to see Cleveland's next move. You think they will sit idly by with a new great coach and 120 mil of extra cap and say "we're done"? No sir. This is what the Cavs owner Gilbert had to say after the decision:
    Gilbert told Cavs fans: "You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.
    "I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE..... I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only: DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...."

HAHAHA. I would guess he's going to get on the phone ..... 4 hours ago, and get a competitive team together, however it must be done. He's pissed! I want to see what he does over the weekend. He's fired up to make a huge splash, and now he's got the cash and space to do it. And I hope he does. I really like Cleveland. Always have. Since the days of Craig Ehlo with the blue and orange look.

3: Who's a solid star or 2 that want to go from a current crackpot losing squad to a perennial playoff contender? Lebron can't be replaced, but the Cavs still have Mo-Mo Williams, Shaq, Anthony Parker, and a solid defensive squad. With 1 big time or 2 consistent scorers, Cleveland can still contend on the big stage.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 07-09-2010 at 02:49 AM.

Why is cowardly betrayal? For the owner to come out and call him that and bash LBJ is stupid. LBJ needed out of cleveland he had way to much pressure there. Not saying he wont have pressure in South Beach, but he has player that can help him win. This "big 3" is good, I agree with the touches but I believe it will work. (maybe homer im a fan)

Would Cleveland made the playoffs without LBJ last year? No, they dont have a legitiment scorer now (that was proved in the playoffs) Shaq is done. Mo is streaky and cant be the #1 option.

I think when it comes to LBJ, he's more like Magic then Michael. Yes, he can score when he wants (Magic was the same way) but I think he's at his best when he's creating for other people. Now he can handle the rock, freeing up space for Bosh in the post or D-Wade around the perimeter. You can't guard all 3. The Heat are gonna be lethal (barring injury) because they're going to get a lot of easy baskets with all the matchup problems they present.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 07-09-2010 at 08:16 AM.

I think LeBron is immature and this whole process was ridiculous.

I also lied in the poll. Turned out I never watched a second of this crap.

Cleveland had their chances to lay the ground work to retain James. Stoudemire and Bosh were both on the trading block earlier this season, instead they brought in.. Jamison (totally choked in the playoffs). They decided to rely on an aging Shaq in the post, and he ended up hurting them more than he helped when it counted most. Shaq is also a FA this summer, and I doubt he returns to a King-less Cleveland. Cleveland is as irrelevant as they were before James.

I think the smartest move would have been for James to go to Chicago, but I really was just hoping he left Cleveland. Thank you for the fans and owner to removing any doubt LBJ made the right choice in opting not to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I think LeBron is immature and this whole process was ridiculous.

I also lied in the poll. Turned out I never watched a second of this crap.
    Atleast the Boys & Girls club got alot out of it. I have alot of memories being in the BG club growing up.

I'm glad Lebron got out of Cleveland, he wasn't going to win anything there but MVP's and those are about as good as All-Star game MVP awards. For the owner to come out and say all this BS was ridiculous. He's saying all of this after Lebron helped pull the team out of the gutter and made the team more money. If this was really how you felt why didn't you say it a year ago. Gilbert should have been saying these things about the coach that choked away atleast 2-3 years of playoff runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Thank you for the fans and owner to removing any doubt LBJ made the right choice in opting not to return.
    Great point

One thing I don't want to hear out of these guys mouths is that they took "less money" to play together. Please. LeBron signed a 5 year deal at $19.8 million per year as opposed to a 6 year deal averaging $21 million. That's hardly a sacrifice. Furthermore, state taxes in Florida are low and might cancel each other out. Not to mention the extra endoresments he'll get in Miami. Both LeBron and Bosh can shut their pieholes when talking about taking less money.

As for the Cleveland owner, I think he makes fair points about LeBron quitting on his team (not the first to say it) and about his lack of professionalism in talking to the teams involved. But he's also a bit of a hypocrite for trying to woo Tom Izzo, a loyal guy at MSU, to Cleveland and then play the loyalty card to keep LeBron from leaving.

This thread is now my favorite!
    Last edited by steelerfan; 07-09-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

As for the Cleveland owner, I think he makes fair points about LeBron quitting on his team (not the first to say it) and about his lack of professionalism in talking to the teams involved. But he's also a bit of a hypocrite for trying to woo Tom Izzo, a loyal guy at MSU, to Cleveland and then play the loyalty card to keep LeBron from leaving.
    He's also a hypocrite for publically calling LeBron a "bum" for leaving Cleveland to try to win a championship. Dan Gilbert isn't from Ohio, he left his hometown to make his riches and achieve his goals too.

The truly great players win in the situation they find themselves in. They don't have to pull this kind of crap to manufacture a win. I hope Miami chokes every year. Hell, I'll root for the M'F'n Lakers to beat them at this point. LeBron has tarnished any future talk of his greatness, IMO.

That being said.....HA HA Cleveland!