View Poll Results: Will you be watching the LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular on ESPN Thursday?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 50.00%
  • No

9 50.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: POLL - The LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular - Will you watch?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Meh. Any city would be irate to lose him.

And to be clear, tex, what I'm saying is MJ didn't have to leave what was a horrid Chicago franchise to win. He was patient and he made everyone around him better. Pippen proved to be a product of MJ when he couldn't produce in Houston. He had no chance of sniffing that 50th Anniversary team if it wasn't for MJ. MJ didn't have to go "New York Yankees" and "buy" his legacy.

I'm not saying I blame LeBron for wanting to win, I'm just saying it's cheapened if he wins this way. Like Bourque winning the Cup with Colorado.

As for Kobe, he is a POS.
    Sure would be funny if Shaq comes back down to South Beach and ends up in the finals against the Lakers.

And to be clear, tex, what I'm saying is MJ didn't have to leave what was a horrid Chicago franchise to win. He was patient and he made everyone around him better. Pippen proved to be a product of MJ when he couldn't produce in Houston. He had no chance of sniffing that 50th Anniversary team if it wasn't for MJ. MJ didn't have to go "New York Yankees" and "buy" his legacy.

I'm not saying I blame LeBron for wanting to win, I'm just saying it's cheapened if he wins this way. Like Bourque winning the Cup with Colorado.

I dont think he cheapened his ways. He went to an orgnazation that is getting players together to win the ultimate prize in professional sports. The bulls made moves to get MJ help. Im saying its clevelands fault he is gone and I fault him none.

^

^

Not like that. It wasn't THAT they lost him, as HOW they lost him and WHY they lost him and HOW he handled it.

You sir are living in a parallel universe with this statement!

Lets also not forgot who MJ and his team had the luxury of playing for. Only possibly the greatest coach in history Phil Jackson. Who also is coincidentally coaching another team and player to a possible 6 rings in Kobe and the Lakers.

So MJ and Kobe didn't need to leave for a better team and possiblity to win rings because the peices came to them.

Whats the biggest knock on LBJ? That he hasn't won any rings, well he knows that and wants to go to a team so he can attain those, but he still gets knocked. Dude can't win for losing.

No one is saying "oh man KG's ring in Boston doesn't mean much" or Ray Allen or Paul Pierce
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 07-10-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Not like that. It wasn't THAT they lost him, as HOW they lost him and WHY they lost him and HOW he handled it.

You sir are living in a parallel universe with this statement!
    Ha! I was simply respondig to tex who commented that Kobe didn't catch flack for wanting a good team around him. I didn't mean to (nor did I) imply that Kobe and LeBron are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    No one is saying "oh man KG's ring in Boston doesn't mean much" or Ray Allen or Paul Pierce
    I'll just agree to disagree with you guys. I'm just not impressed by winning with a loaded deck. I don't hate LeBron, I don't even care about the NBA. I just don't care for the collusion. This hurts a league that has a bad reputation (see officiating), IMO.

This hurts a league that has a bad reputation (see officiating), IMO.
    We can agree with this part ALL day

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Lets also not forgot who MJ and his team had the luxury of playing for. Only possibly the greatest coach in history Phil Jackson. Who also is coincidentally coaching another team and player to a possible 6 rings in Kobe and the Lakers.

So MJ and Kobe didn't need to leave for a better team and possiblity to win rings because the peices came to them.

Whats the biggest knock on LBJ? That he hasn't won any rings, well he knows that and wants to go to a team so he can attain those, but he still gets knocked. Dude can't win for losing.

The difference with the C's is that none of them had a ring before they got together. Also Ray and Paul were older. Not that you don't have a point to some extent but it's different. If Lebron goes to Chicago with Bosh it's not the same. Neither of them and nobody on Chicago has a ring. Also, we're talking 3 players here that otherwise get max contracts. All 3 are arguably best in the league at their position. If Kobe's rings were diminished with Shaq's dominance (in many opinions anyway), then this has to diminish any legacy for Bosh or Lebron, if there is one to be made.

By the way, to me, the biggest knock on LBJ is not the rings. It's his inconsistent playoff performance, which had nothing to do with his team. And I'm not talking about the owner ripping him, it's been like that his whole career. Even when they made the finals, he never showed, and they got swept. Honestly, until that part of his game changes, forget winning any type of ring with Miami, or anybody. He just has his hands on the ball too much to not show up and have his team win. And it's not a ball hog situation, that's just what he's gotta do.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 07-11-2010 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Sure would be funny if Shaq comes back down to South Beach and ends up in the finals against the Lakers.
    Haha, and Kobe thought that the Boston series was physical....

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    The difference with the C's is that none of them had a ring before they got together. Also Ray and Paul were older. Not that you don't have a point to some extent but it's different. If Lebron goes to Chicago with Bosh it's not the same. Neither of them and nobody on Chicago has a ring. Also, we're talking 3 players here that otherwise get max contracts. All 3 are arguably best in the league at their position. If Kobe's rings were diminished with Shaq's dominance (in many opinions anyway), then this has to diminish any legacy for Bosh or Lebron, if there is one to be made.

By the way, to me, the biggest knock on LBJ is not the rings. It's his inconsistent playoff performance, which had nothing to do with his team. And I'm not talking about the owner ripping him, it's been like that his whole career. Even when they made the finals, he never showed, and they got swept. Honestly, until that part of his game changes, forget winning any type of ring with Miami, or anybody. He just has his hands on the ball too much to not show up and have his team win. And it's not a ball hog situation, that's just what he's gotta do.
    I completely agree and have been saying that for a while. I've personally never liked LeBron. Always though the hype machine carried him along further than he deserved.

My main issue with all of this is, how the hell is Bosh one of the best in league when the dude's performance doesn't even come close to getting his team to the playoffs? Bosh may be good and all, but I don't see him being worth even the contract he's going to get in Miami. He's definitely going to be the third wheel in that situation.

The main difference between this and the Celtics' big three is this: Even in their prime, not even KG was of the caliber of player that LeBron and Wade are. Ray Allen has never been a superstar. He's just a deadly 3 point shooter with a bit of dribble penetration skills. Pierce has been consistently decent but nothing to the caliber of Wade. And KG was putting up numbers in his prime like Bosh is now, but he never was superstar quality.

What the Celtics did was trade for two complimentary players that fit the style of basketball they play and then build around those three players.

I can't wait to see what minimum contract players Pat Riley suckers in to going to Miami.

In the end I think a ring is a ring as is a W is a W. None of MJ's are marked with an asterisk (rightfully so), none of Pippen's are marked with asterisk, nor are Kobe's even though he's won with the best big men in basketball all 5 rings. If Lebron wins in Miami his shouldnt either or hurt his legacy towards greatness. Like he said an individual becomes a superstar and a team wins a championship.

You know like I said I've watched all but 5-6 Cav games in the last 4 years and a good portion of Laker games as well. Lebron is/has been inconsistent in the playoffs but their is a bigger culprit than he was. And that was the coach. How many people remember the Detroit series of 2006? or the Orlando series of 2009? or even this past Boston series. The man can't make adjustments to save his life. Its like night and day watching Doc or Phil coach. His only plays for Lebron has been an Iso around the top of the key or elbow for years. Which defenses simply just pack the lane and dare the other 4 players to beat them which not a damn one they have signed has been able to do.

I'm not a Cavs fan or fan of any team, I just like to watch good clean (none ref assisted) basketball. I will enjoy watching Bron play with players whom don't choke frequently and a different minded coach. Can't wait to see what the new coach will do with the Bulls and their improved team. Gotta make sure my LP subscription will still be active for this year lol

I like this one too JB.
    Last edited by NatureBoy; 07-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.

LMFAO!! Those videos are great!

LOL at the media pushing a story that a 25 year old hurt a city's feelings because of his ability to dribble a ball.

audio NSFW

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Hilarious! I'm glad other people are starting to see what a self-centered prick Lebron is and are treating his "fans" the same way.

Here's an article about it too.

I can't believe no one posted the article about Lebron and his "crew" being the reason that Chris Paul requested a trade from New Orleans. That was the most unbelievable shit I've ever seen. Chris Paul, one of the nicest and well respected guys in New Orleans (and one that REALLY helped that community get picked up back when Katrina happened), has the stones to ask for a trade from an organization that tried it's damnedest to get guys to come there and win (wasn't the organizations fault that they year that truly had a chance to do something, half their team got injured).