View Poll Results: Will you be watching the LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular on ESPN Thursday?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 50.00%
  • No

9 50.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL - The LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular - Will you watch?

• Facebook
  • Display

POLL - The LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular - Will you watch?

With all the hoopla and etc regarding the NBA free agents this off season. And now we have a silly 1-hour special to announce where LeBron is going. Now we know Bosh is going to Miami where Wade will stay. So as ridiculous as it is, will you watch the ESPN 1-hour special tomorrow?

I've been hooked on this whole free agency circus from the start, so sadly I will watch this tomorrow.

It is worth noting that LeBron is using the power of his name to get sponsors in and the money will go to charity.

all the free agency rumors have turned espn into tmz. unfortunately, im with you. i cant help but watch. no matter where he goes, people will be talking what if's about his decision for a long time

I couldn't care less about the NBA. Or LeBron. Or my hometown (yes, I begrudgingly admit it) of Cleveland.

That being said, I'll watch. What the hell, there's nothing else on and I've been known to watch teenagers reveal their college choices so, why not? I hope, for the sake of ridiculousness, he has a table with a few hats in front of him and picks up a couple "wrong" ones before putting on the right one.

What time is this on?

I'll be at work, but if it comes on on ESPN 3, I'll probably watch. And I think it comes on 9 est/8 central.

There is no 'maybe' option?

I might watch out of curiosity although I lost faith and interest in the NBA years ago.

Sadly yes. Even when I say no, I always end up watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    There is no 'maybe' option?

I might watch out of curiosity although I lost faith and interest in the NBA years ago.
    I did too for quite a few years when I was in college and a couple years after I graduated. Started following again about five years ago.

I think it bring eyes back on the NBA, not saying its a good thing. NBA needed something like this not saying that its was fading out but I dont think it is as big as it once was. I am a LBJ fan and will watch, anything that forms that can take Kobe and the lakers out I am a fan of. And like said earlier I watch teenagers decide what school they are chosing.

I'll see it on Twitter or on ESPN.com.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I definitely don't plan on watching it.

Now, if I happen to be bored as hell that night with nothing to do and just happen to watch TV (not likely) then I might end up watching it.

But here's the ultimate question, WTF are they going to do for 59 minutes? LeBron is the biggest ego whore ever, I swear to god.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    But here's the ultimate question, WTF are they going to do for 59 minutes? LeBron is the biggest ego whore ever, I swear to god.
    I think LeBron keeps his ego in pretty good check for someone with his status. MJ was definitely a lot worse than him, tbh. He would be getting this kind of attention regardless of how he played it. No real way to know his true intentions for the show, but all the profits go to a charity.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I think LeBron keeps his ego in pretty good check for someone with his status. MJ was definitely a lot worse than him, tbh. He would be getting this kind of attention regardless of how he played it. No real way to know his true intentions for the show, but all the profits go to a charity.
    But he REQUESTED this "show". MJ wouldn't have done that at all. MJ didn't make a HUGE deal about him coming out of retirement and going to the Wizards. He just did it. He didn't do a freakin' hour long show about who he might go to.

LeBron is all ego. Always has been. The guy was called the greatest basketball player in the world at 16 for christ's sake.

I'll pass on this.

On the upside, it has been announced that LeBron will announce where he's going within the first 10 minutes. So at least we wouldn't have to sit through tease after tease after tease, plus the commercial breaks.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    But he REQUESTED this "show". MJ wouldn't have done that at all. MJ didn't make a HUGE deal about him coming out of retirement and going to the Wizards. He just did it. He didn't do a freakin' hour long show about who he might go to.

LeBron is all ego. Always has been. The guy was called the greatest basketball player in the world at 16 for christ's sake.
    Although that may be true. like Chase said, all the money they get from this goes to the Boys and Girls Club. So for Lebron, he looks like a humanitarian thats using his attention for charity. But his PR team is the real genius in the situation.

The "NO's" sure caught fire tonight. I'm still going to watch it, just to see what the other 59 minutes are about.

I will watch but I already know the King is staying in Cleveland. Actually, I'll watch just so I can text my pathetic friends and say "told ya so"! Why would he leave? He is adored in his lifetime hometown. In 2 years Byron Scott will be the new Doc Rivers, and Cleveland will win a championship. Not to mention LB23 will be given whatever he wants by the upper level of the franchise as far as team goes. He's in a perfect situation. And I think the firing of Mike Brown is to blame, if you're a fan of any other team in the NBA that had a shot. I'm a Laker/Cavs fan, so I feel great.

ESPN is reporting that LeBron is going to Miami. Not that they can be trusted. They'll probably report every other team too in the next 18 hours. Anyhow, they're saying LeBron is concerned about signing a 6 year deal with Cleveland and ending up "31 with bad knees and no title."

I really think it's BS that teams can go over the cap to sign minimum salary players. The NBA needs to address that and the sort of collusion that is happening in free agency. It's bad for an already diminishing game (my opinion) and destroys competitive balance. If Miami gets all 3 players, I hope they never win.

I voted yes but it could just as easily be a no. I'll probably watch the final 10 minutes to get the news as I can guarantee you I won't be watching more than that.