Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see in NCAA Football 13?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Aside from the obvious gameplay fixes, I believe the following additions would put this game over the top.Dynasty:
    1. ESPN GAMEDAY AND A WEEKLY WRAP-UP SHOW
    * stats, hghlights, major signings, etc.
    2. Hire/Fire coordinators option
    3. Return of the matchup stick (version 2.0)
    ** skill and composure was huge for strategy back on the 06 version)
    4. REAL HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE (aka NCAA 06 with the SCREEN SHAKE)
    ** IT SHOULD BE SO LOUD THAT I HAVE TO TAKE OFF MY HEADSET!!!
    5. Ability to make NEW revilaries/dynamic rivalries
    6. Dozens of new stat overlays (eg QB comparisons, passing charts, season stats, etc.)
    7. Dynamic commentary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8. Bowl selection show
    9. Ability to choose captains and impact players
    10. Import teambuilder teams in FCS generic slots

I'd like to be able to build on to my stadium, customize it etc... Make it based on the average attendance to your games each season... If you get more than 5 or 6 sell outs in a season, at the end of the season be able to add on to your stadium, etc.

RTG:
    -harder to win position job and the backups actually fighting for the job.
    I just beat out a 92 OVR Established SR QB as a FR 83 OVR QB and he was playing great. I basically won the job on 1 play at the end of position battle where I performed terribly. I only got less than 15 plays in a blowout victory. I shouldnt even have a shot at the starting gig unless we/he is playing horrible or the season is lost. The messed up thing about it was that it seemed like the CPU was intentionly calling bad plays so I couldnt win. They called nothing but PA and short routes. If it wasnt for me having 80 speed, I wouldnt have won.
    - Fix the ratings coming in.
    I was a 5 star QB and I came in with 67 THP.
    -Improve Playcalling.
    I rather have convential situational playcalling than random playcalling. You dont really call 4 Verticals inside the 15 yard line.
    -Custom Quarter Length and Camera.
    Being locked into 5 mins kinda spoiled this year for me.You cant really contend for Heisman until JR or SR year. Also having camera angle that doesnt swing some plays.
    Preferred Playstyle and recruiting.
    It would be a good add to be able to choose which type of off/def I would like to play in. Emails could also help. It could add the aspect of actually being recruited. Like "This is your job to lose." or " I would like to move you to a different position." or " We will RS you, but you are the future." I wouldnt mind at all if we could get RSed, especially if there is a established vet and good depth. We could spend year practicing or just sim it.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    They definitely need to be careful of how they fix it, if the increase the DB catching as said the turnovers would be crazy. Either more off target throws or have the DBs break up the play with a hit or a reach in, they are just in position for the pick way to often.
    i'd vote for more off topic throws. not every throw needs a player making a play on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    1. New faces and a face editor. Nothing advanced. Just like to see new faces. More faces too. Even though it isnt a big deal, I dont want to see 3-5 players with the same face.
    Along the same lines, I'd love to see the player's face be shown somewhere on the "Edit Player" screen. It's overly complicated to try and change a player's face within Edit Player, and then have to back out to the main screen to see what his face now looks like.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Along the same lines, I'd love to see the player's face be shown somewhere on the "Edit Player" screen. It's overly complicated to try and change a player's face within Edit Player, and then have to back out to the main screen to see what his face now looks like.
    Yeah. I hate changing faces or editing weight and see if appropriate face:body ratio and have to check in the menu. A face editor will make players differ from each other.

Custom Playbooks -Fix bugs -NO LOCKED FORMATIONS -Build playbooks from scratch (Maybe move online like team builder) -Allow us to choose the formation audibles -Ability to offset back or backs in every shotgun formation -Create and edit formations and plays -Adapt Plays from one formation into another -Create packages for formations Strategy -Weakside/Strongside DE, LB, CB and S -Flanker and Slot Recievers -Allow us to match certain CBs on certain WRs -Nose Tackle option -Stand up End option -Create our own position, set requirements and a depth chart for that position and place them in any formation we run i.e. Leo (OLB/ DE) Dynasty -Dynamic Conference Prestige -Practice that allows us to practice against players top 10 run pass and run plays -Scouting reports with tendencies in certain situations -Streaming Ticker during games -No Roulette Wheel Recruiting Gameplay -Improved Player interaction i.e. (OL/DL, WR/DB, Blocking Interactions, Coverage) -Improved Pass Trajectory -HFA Screen/Controller Shake -CPU Calling Plays based on tendencies not knowing your plays -Foot Planting and Head Tracking (Should Fix Psychic DBs) Can’t play balls you can’t see also means WR has to look back to catch ball. Also swats wouldn’t be so accurate -Animation ratios need to be tweaked -Madden Player Tendencies -Pass Rush coming from outside in. Inside out would only work if DTs could push the pocket in the face of the QB instead of breaking free so much

But to stay on subject Top 10 Gameplay Issues
    1) That fact that my people must be slowed down as difficulty goes up. It irks me to no end
    2)The psychic CPU from play calling to coverage to the DBs knowing rather the play is run or pass
    3)The defensive plays that can turn on a dime ESPECIALLY during the option
    4)The three slowest steps in the history of mankind animation for the option keep person or the HB out of wildcat
    5)The over the shoulder catches and interceptions frequency and the one hand catch interception frequency
    6)The lack of WR fight for the ball
    7)The lack of regard for weight and ratings during OL/DL/LB interactions
    8)The total lack of juke move and spin effectiveness
    9)Ball Trajectory
    10)The Blocking logic, my FB runs past people the should block, stop and turn in holes to look for people to block

Dynasty Issues
    1)The week 6-7 ranking drop for no reason whatsoever
    2)The fact that recruits mostly lack awareness coming in
    3)The Roulette recruiting system
    4)The lack of scouting
    5)CPB stopped working in Online Dynasty Practice
    6)Lack of atmosphere
    7)The way it seems like the first visit is usually gets the commitment, recruits usually make multiple visits
    8)How fast coaches progress in the CC
    9)The lack of a vehicle to build a bigger stadium and grow your program
    10)No control over the training regimen for my players - This should be done by position groups

10 Things I want to see in NCAA 13
    1)Scouting for dynasty games - I want a scouting report giving me an idea of what they like to do
    2)Practice that helps - I want to work against my next weeks opponent top 10 plays offensively and defensively
    3)Head Tracking and Foot Planting - This should fix most of the problems along with the next one
    4)Physics - If you can't integrate a full physics system there needs more evidence in the animations
    5)Player Tendencies and Traits - Just lift from Madden and insert
    6)Home Field Advantage Camera Shake - Just lift from a previous iteration and insert
    7)Full control over custom playbooks - Custom packages, create a play, create a formation, formation audibles, no locked formation, picking goal line plays and formation, create a playbook from scratch
    8)Depth Chart and Player Control - Weakside/Strongside DE, LB, CB and true FS and SS options, Slot receiver depth chart, NT, ability to match CB to WR or LB or S to TE, ability to create a position and the recruiting criteria i.e. (Position: Hybrid Criteria: LB, SS, FS) that is so recruits can see that there is playing time available, different depth chart options for different different systems (i.e. Option A back, B Back, etc)
    9)Dynamic Conference Prestige
    10)Transferable Dynasties - To be able to carry dynasty from one year to the next and to make an OL dynasty a offline dynasty
    Last edited by blkkrptnt819; 12-21-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkkrptnt819 View Post
    5)The over the shoulder catches and interceptions frequency and the one hand catch interception frequency
    this one times infinity. i hate this stupid bullshit. you make the correct read, and its all for nothing because it'll get intercepted

And seeing as I don't play RTG can I add more Gameplay issues... well thank you
    1)The QB on the run stopping to throw a pass
    2)The QB stepping system on screen plays - there is NO reason i should have to run backwards to avoid getting sacked.
    3)The speed boost given by the pursuit - The is no way DL should chase down much faster RB and WR
    4)The fact that the ball can be 99% out my hand and rather it's a pitch or a pass, and instead of it going out the QB pulls it back and take the tackle or sack
    5)The speed of the CPU strafe
    6)OL run blocking logic - Why do the OL double team block and not get to the LB at the point of attack?
    7)WR blocking - LOL hahahahaha have you seen the WR run block?!?! Me either
    8)WR Pass Catching - They drop balls when barely touched and the don't put their hands up sometimes when the ball hits them in the face mask
    9)The lack of a turn and run animation for HUM controlled players - When I stop strafing to turn and run I get stuck in the clunkiest animation where it takes 1.5 seconds to turn to make a play
    10)The pre determined path of defensive players - If I pinch my DL my DE should go straight down, not run at the OT. That makes NO sense. If I'm controlling somebody there is no way the CPU should still try to guide them to a certain assignment. This seems to only happen on blitz assignments
    11)The lack of hum strafe ability on offense - Offensive and defensive hum players should have the ability to strafe and swat the ball. There should also be configuration options for both
    12)Why is the ball mostly behind the WR on longer balls? - I have RARELY seen the out in front and I also see alot of animations that don't allow for YAC
    13)Option blocking - The game NEVER lets the EMOL free if it's a LB!!! In a 3-4 the OMLB should be left unblock and in a 1-5-5 or 3-3-5 if there is a LB on the line that needs to be the read.
    Last edited by blkkrptnt819; 12-23-2011 at 06:59 AM.

I've never really thought or looked to see if this happens now. But what about adding fatigue to the game. So many times you hear how a running game will wear down a defense late in the game as they constantly pound the running game. But I don't think that factors into the NCAA. I know you see players get tired on a particular drive, but what about over the course of the entire game?

Another thing that would be nice would be a kind of continuation of the strafe on defense, almost a breakdown button. If I'm in the open field trying to make a play on a ball carrier, it would be nice to be able to breakdown and square up and go for the tackle. The strafe doesn't quite work for this but it does help sort of.

I've never really thought or looked to see if this happens now. But what about adding fatigue to the game. So many times you hear how a running game will wear down a defense late in the game as they constantly pound the running game. But I don't think that factors into the NCAA. I know you see players get tired on a particular drive, but what about over the course of the entire game?
    Well by the 3rd or 4th quarter, I usually lose my top 2 RBs and they dont come back unless I turn off Fatigue.

What I want to see is newer fatigue system where players get tired during plays. I literally saw my cousin return a kick return and turned near the 1 yard line and was able to start running around the perimeter of the field before the CPU sped up and caught him. There is no way a real player can run full speed 100+ yards. It would help on a long drive where the defense is already tired and when you run/pass the fatigue will have a bigger effect.

I think two things that would really make RTG playable for alot of people is making Gameplay and CPU Playcalling a priority. Not only would it help other modes and is something almost everyone wants, it is something that can really help this mode. With modes like these, I think Gameplay itself has to be good before you can really consider it good. IT doesnt matter if they were to add a ton of features, If the gameplay is flawed then people arent going to play it. I wouldnt care if the only thing they did was fix the easy pratice/position battle, if the game play is fixed/very playable then I would play it way more. That is what makes My Player and RTTS popular. Since the gameplay in those games are playable/really good, the main concern is the features itself.
    Playing as a young Balanced Spread QB, I should want alot of read option and speed options and throw alot of screens; but since the QB knows what we gonna call, I hate when those plays come up. CPU always snuffs out options and QB runs and 7/10 times on HB Screens and WR Screens the defense has a defender in that area to stop it. If I call a HB screen, the DE shouldnt know it is a screen almost every time. Another thing is their ability to turn on a dime and stop a play. It is one thing that the CPU knows when we call read option, but if I have the DE committing hard to the RB, he shouldnt be able to stop and be able pursue me before I reach full speed. IT seems like if I want to run certain plays, I have to audible to it.

Here's a list :

Strategic things :

Shotgun Shovel Pass, Shotgun Screen & Ladder (Was in NCAA 07).
    A real veer option from the Shotgun/Pistol Formations.
    Weight/Height of players need to show in various running & hitting styles.
    No huddle needs to be expanded to substitution packages as well.
    Online weather, Online stats & tendencies.
    Don't show the icon that your opponent is controlling pre-snap (Like Madden 12).
    Cut scenes, post-TD celebrations need to be expanded, especially online.
    Home field advantage needs to be truly brought back. Tough to call audibles, vibrating controller etc.
    A version of Dynamic Player Performance should be included in the game, it makes a big difference in M12.
    Bring the silent count back, on PS2 when crowds were loud, a silent count was used instead of the normal cadence.
    Turn the player threshold down to like 20, or get rid of it. The 92 + SPD guys should be hitting the corner faster & should be burning guys down the sideline.
    Sideline interceptions, diving interceptions. I can trigger sideline catches & diving animations, I should be able to do that of defense too.
    Formation subs from the playcall screen.
    Individual Man/Zone assignments like Madden 12.
    No more run commit or pass commit. Just use the spotlight feature instead to target players on the field & double that feature to lock on to the option, toss runs etc.
    The ability of tailor your online games. I hate accel. clock, I should be able to invite people to ranked games, unranked with the option to turn that off.
    The option to choose broadcasting styles, a different stadium to play at & weather during online play.
    Online Dynasty games need to have the same cut scenes like offline play does. Only makes sense.
    Zones need to play more like Madden 12 (except fix the purple zones.).
    Mid-Air/catch collisions. Facethrowing is a huge problem, & bringing the mid-air collisions back would solve that.
    A save-able online depth chart would be great.
    Bring back the match up stick.
    Practice optiions need to be expanded. ie (a set time before CPU QB snaps the ball, different drills like coffin corner kicking, a scrimmage feature.)
    Scripting plays. If I would like to incorporate a script of the irst 10 plays in my spread/no-huddle, let me do it.

Atmosphere:

An expanded HFA.
    Real student sections, with chants, different clothes, more rowdy. If I'm facing the student section it should be louder than normal.
    NCAA 2004 crowd logic was great. Sounded great in every stadium. Expand on that.
    More " in-game " songs & better trigger logic. Not every song is triggered based off a first down. Some are played spontaneously.
    Commentary really needs a real upgrade. Audio in general. But FIFA & 2K commentary are great, conversations about teams & the game really add to the depth.
    Correct uniforms, field art, the simple things.
    College Gameday, highlight shows like NFL 2K5, possible radio broadcast announcer options. ESPN is great, but adding a CBS or ABC crew/overlays would be amazing. NCAA Basketball 10 did it pretty well.

That's all I got right now.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    Well by the 3rd or 4th quarter, I usually lose my top 2 RBs and they dont come back unless I turn off Fatigue.

What I want to see is newer fatigue system where players get tired during plays. I literally saw my cousin return a kick return and turned near the 1 yard line and was able to start running around the perimeter of the field before the CPU sped up and caught him. There is no way a real player can run full speed 100+ yards. It would help on a long drive where the defense is already tired and when you run/pass the fatigue will have a bigger effect.
    I run with fatigue on and I've never not had my RBs playing in the 3rd and 4th.

I run with fatigue on and I've never not had my RBs playing in the 3rd and 4th.
    I think it is because I have RB SUBs so high.

I know you see players get tired on a particular drive, but what about over the course of the entire game?
    They definitely get tired over the course of the game, but Fatigue could still deserve a review. Auto Subs in particular can choose to substitute at the most inopportune time. I know I should be conscious of that as the "coach", but I hate it when I have my stud back in for 1st and 2nd down, but when I need a 3rd and 1 I can't put him in.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I want the CPU to use Situational type Playcalls. Like in Madden how a user can set up a Custom Playbook by situations, I would like to see the CPU call plays by what down and distance for both offense and defense. I even think the CPY knows what defensive calls I call. If I call a Cover 2 ,The CPU will can Vertical Routes for their outside WRs 75% of the time. I think that is what use to cause Robo QBs because since the CPu knows what defense you are calling, they will always have a man open. Not having the CPU knowing your playcalls, will really make this game more fun and realistic. Users will not have to exploit using audibles, users can call more plays, it make RTG more playable.

My Top 11 Gameplay Issues (some of this reads like a wish list):

★ Make jukes more effective, make spin moves less effective. Juke animations, especially for the shiftiest players, need to be faster and have much less recovery time. The L-stick should be more effective for cutting and planting. And get rid of that weird chopping/juke/high step thing they do when I press down on the R-stick. Bring back the good old stop-on-a-dime juke instead.

★ Pass trajectory. Touch passes need more arc and more natural rotation. See NCAA 06's ball physics.

★ Receivers need to lose their balance and fall more often when making catches. I see a lot of catches on Saturdays and Sundays where the receiver makes the grab, but sacrifices his balance and falls to the ground. We need more of that. Also: Elite receivers should attack the ball in the air.

★ More passes that sail into dead space. As mentioned above, too many passes make contact with either a receiver or a defender. In real life, a lot of passes hit nothing but turf after they leave the QB's hand.

★ Special teams, especially the punt game, need to be overhauled. We need better blocking on punt returns and the return man should be able to use defenders' momentum against them. A better juke move will also help punt returns. We also need to see blocked punts and FGs, which are a huge part of college football. The occasional bad snap on punts/FGs should also occur.

★ Overhaul the penalty sliders. I swear that I have not yet seen either a defensive pass interference penalty or a roughing the passer penalty in the past three months.

★ Motioning … receivers … is … so … sluggish. Speed up motion and make it less robotic. And let us interrupt the motion and send a player back the other way instead of having to wait until he reaches the other side of the field.

★ More responsive AI sliders. Sliders have been getting steadily better, but some of them -- especially the pass coverage slider -- still don't work like they should.

★ More trick plays, especially true reverses, double reverses, reverse passes, shovel passes, etc.

★ Bring in the extra QB ratings from Madden, and bring in Madden's various QB throwing animations, too.

★ As someone else mentioned above, bring back the ability to let the QB throw while falling back. I've been sacked countless time because my QB tried to stop and plant when throwing a 5-yard screen pass instead of falling back and throwing it off his back foot.

The #1 (and only) item I want to see in NCAA 13:

★ Custom playbooks that work properly. Let us build the playbook from the ground up. A default playbook should only have Special Teams -- nothing else, not even Goal Line or Hail Mary. Let us build from there using EVERY SINGLE FORMATION available in the game -- including every Wildcat. I'd also like to be able to share playbooks via the EA Locker.
    Last edited by Unconquered; 12-23-2011 at 11:10 AM.