Page 342 of 344 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344 LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 6864

Thread: The Anything Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

The Anything Thread

Also, early congrats to TCU in Forth Worth. May your national championship ease the suffering of those in Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-28-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Since the storm was (somewhat) predicted a week or so ago, did they happen to release any water ahead of time to make room or prepare for what may come?

I don't know the layout or how it works down there, but am familiar with a dam north of where I live that was sold partially as flood protection. Instead, they keep it full all of the time for recreational purposes and any kind of heavy rains in that area makes the flooding worse downstream.

Glad to hear you are safe. Was wondering/getting worried after seeing all of the pics and stories emerge from the city.
    I did hear today that the reservoirs in question are always kept dry. So, that answers that question.

I've had several friends that have had their houses flood and have had to be rescued and relocate. I also have a friend under a mandatory evacuation who said she's not leaving. Hopefully, she's taken out by force (really? idiot).

There are areas within a couple miles in every direction that are completely fucked but my area is still ok. Obviously, I could still flood later because of run off but I'm hopeful still.

The good news is that we should be on the clean side of the storm in 18 to 24 hours so the rain will pretty much stop.

Glad to hear you're still okay man. Thankfully it looks like Harvey is going to push towards a secondary landfall on Wednesday more towards the Louisiana border than it will Houston.

Some of the pictures coming out of Houston, water almost up to the overhead signs on some of the highways, holy shit. It's gonna be a long time before all of Houston is back to normal and cleaned up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have dodged the mother of all bullets, for sure.

Thanks, Smooth.

Damn.

Well, apparently Harvey has decided to dip further into the gulf than expected. This changes the trajectory enough to slow the timeframe in which Houston can expect relief.

More rain.

I moved out of New Orleans 3 weeks before Katrina back in 2005. I dodged that bullet but my family didn't. Last year my house flooded in a historic flood in Baton Rouge so I know first hand how those in Houston feel. My house still isn't complete. I'm glad your ok, SF.

Thanks again, Bill.

Everything is better now. Trump is here. He will unleash fire and fury like the world has never seen on Harvey. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Everything is better now. Trump is here. He will unleash fire and fury like the world has never seen on Harvey. :rolleyes:

This kinda sums up how I've felt the last few days as smoke and mirrors keep my house dry.

I'm so proud of my daughter.

Without any influence whatsoever from anyone, she decided to volunteer at a shelter yesterday. She said she organized donated clothing and served dinner and that she is looking forward to going back today.

She is really a great person. She has such a big heart and is always looking to help those in need.

I'm very proud of her.

I'm so proud of my daughter.

Without any influence whatsoever from anyone, she decided to volunteer at a shelter yesterday. She said she organized donated clothing and served dinner and that she is looking forward to going back today.

She is really a great person. She has such a big heart and is always looking to help those in need.

I'm very proud of her.
    That's always a reflection of parenting so well done.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    That's always a reflection of parenting so well done.

She just sent me a picture. She's down there organizing toiletries, paper plates, cups, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here thinking I should go to a shelter and interview single, childless women for the opportunity to not sleep on a school floor again tonight.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here thinking I should go to a shelter and interview single, childless women for the opportunity to not sleep on a school floor again tonight.
    Holy shit, when TV and real life combine to make a fictional character a reality.

It was Always Sunny in Houston this afternoon which is a great sign as the bulk of the rain is gone from here.

Can't say enough how lucky I've been. There is a spot 20 minutes north of me where 11 people had to be rescued from a capsized boat this morning in a neighborhood. They were in 12 feet of water.

12 fucking feet! How is my street dry and they have 12 feet of water?

Anyway, I'm lucky and the D.E.N.N.I.S. System is genius.

Wow.

Well this is sexist.

Apparently, the shelter at Community of Faith in Hockley will let you starve to death if you are a single man.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 08-30-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Well this is sexist.

Apparently, the shelter at Community of Faith in Hockley will let you starve to death if you are a single man.
    What if you're an 80 year old single man?