Page 341 of 344 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 6864

Thread: The Anything Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Onion article? Nope.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...ersy-1.4021378

Carleton University is feeling the burn from students on social media for removing a weight scale from its gym to promote a more holistic approach to a healthy body image.

The recent move isn't sitting well with several students who are accusing the school of kowtowing to a small group of gym users who are easily offended.

"Next it will be the mirrors. #bringbackthescale," wrote one Carleton student on Facebook, while another said online, "Are you for real, Carleton? What a sick joke."

Details of the scale controversy were first reported in the university's student-run newspaper, The Charlatan, on Thursday. In more social media reaction, others wondered if the online article was satire.

The paper quotes one student as saying, "Scales are very triggering" for people with eating disorders.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I got a couple of early Christmas gifts.

My daughter painted that for me. She calls it "Victim's Eye" and said that's the last thing you see before it's lights out.
    Went to Mad Monster Party in Rock Hill, SC over the weekend to have a picture made with Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th Parts 7 through 10) in his full Part 7 costume. After having 2 pictures made (one with my gf and one with my cousin) I was able to have Kane sign the painting my daughter made.

He was super cool about it and was showing it off to people at nearby tables telling them, "she calls it 'Victim's Eye' because it's the last thing someone sees before Jason kills the fucker."

Great trip. We even stopped at a couple of the F13 Part 6 filming locations in Georgia on the way. There are some pics in the Friday the 13th The Game Thread, if interested.

Here's the painting after Kane signed it.

Love it!
    The dude abides.

http://shanghaiist.com/2017/04/13/pr...anty_thief.php

Jiangnan City News reports that the suspect, a man in his forties surnamed Xing who has been divorced for many years, admitted to police that he had stolen all of the clothing over the last 10 years. He confessed that ever since he was young, he had liked women's clothes. At school, his classmates even treated him like he was a girl.

Spoiler: show
    Ram is Xing. Xing is Ram. There had to be some socks in there.

Went to Mad Monster Party in Rock Hill, SC over the weekend to have a picture made with Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th Parts 7 through 10) in his full Part 7 costume. After having 2 pictures made (one with my gf and one with my cousin) I was able to have Kane sign the painting my daughter made.

He was super cool about it and was showing it off to people at nearby tables telling them, "she calls it 'Victim's Eye' because it's the last thing someone sees before Jason kills the fucker."

Great trip. We even stopped at a couple of the F13 Part 6 filming locations in Georgia on the way. There are some pics in the Friday the 13th The Game Thread, if interested.

For my birthday my daughter did another painting. It's a follow-up to "Victim's Eye" called "Did She Live?"

More crazy weather for the Texas panhandle. In February we had a 90 degree day. Tonight it is snowing with up to 5 inches expected.

This hurricane is bullshit.

I've been under nearly constant tornado warnings all day. There have been no less than 7 funnel clouds our tornadoes within 15 miles of me since 2 am. As an added bonus, I'm expected to get up to 32 inches of rain over the next several days.

Stay safe man! I've been shocked at the near nonstop tornado warnings coming out of Texas with this storm. It's gotta well over 100 since Friday afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Stay safe man! I've been shocked at the near nonstop tornado warnings coming out of Texas with this storm. It's gotta well over 100 since Friday afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks, man. It's been crazy.

This hurricane is bullshit.

I've been under nearly constant tornado warnings all day. There have been no less than 7 funnel clouds our tornadoes within 15 miles of me since 2 am. As an added bonus, I'm expected to get up to 32 inches of rain over the next several days.
    Stay safe, my dude. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Do you have your daughter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Stay safe, my dude. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Do you have your daughter?

Thanks, Bill.

She's with her mother and is safe. She's actually further from the storm than I am which is good.

I'm sure I'll be ok unless a tornado hits me or the flooding really gets out of control. With all the flooding Houston has had in the last couple years, the water never got past my sidewalk.

I'm still good. Not flooded or even really threatened yet and the tornado warnings have slowed. Still got a couple rough days ahead but I'm feeling confident that I'll be fine.

Parts of Houston are totally fucked though. Some neighborhoods have water above their mail boxes. It's pretty bad.

Sheesh.

The region has got 419 billion gallons of rain thus far. Some scenes are disturbing.

Wow that's awful! Keep safe Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Wow that's awful! Keep safe Matt.
    I'm doing my best, brother. Thank you.

I think I'm out of the weeds. While we'll still have some flash flooding and we have days or weeks of river flooding ahead, I believe the worst is over.

Fortunately, I did not flood and I don't believe my daughter, sister or father did either though I won't know for sure until later today.

There are parts of Houston that will be under water for months just as they ere last year. The county is in the process of opening the dams in a couple of reservoirs that is going to cause more flooding around the tributaries out to the gulf but they fear that if they don't then the dams could give way (these reservoirs are already over capacity with lots more water heading their way from the north faster than they are releasing water) and cause MASSIVE destruction.

This city won't be the same for a VERY long time and the damage will undoubtedly be in excess of 5 billion dollars.

The water got up past my sidewalk last night after we got 7.8 inches of rain in 6 hours but it drained completely within an hour after the rain finally relented. Another few hours of rain and I would have been leaving my house in a rescue boat. I was very fortunate.

The county is in the process of opening the dams in a couple of reservoirs that is going to cause more flooding around the tributaries out to the gulf but they fear that if they don't then the dams could give way (these reservoirs are already over capacity with lots more water heading their way from the north faster than they are releasing water) and cause MASSIVE destruction.
    Since the storm was (somewhat) predicted a week or so ago, did they happen to release any water ahead of time to make room or prepare for what may come?

I don't know the layout or how it works down there, but am familiar with a dam north of where I live that was sold partially as flood protection. Instead, they keep it full all of the time for recreational purposes and any kind of heavy rains in that area makes the flooding worse downstream.

Glad to hear you are safe. Was wondering/getting worried after seeing all of the pics and stories emerge from the city.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Since the storm was (somewhat) predicted a week or so ago, did they happen to release any water ahead of time to make room or prepare for what may come?

I don't know the layout or how it works down there, but am familiar with a dam north of where I live that was sold partially as flood protection. Instead, they keep it full all of the time for recreational purposes and any kind of heavy rains in that area makes the flooding worse downstream.

Glad to hear you are safe. Was wondering/getting worried after seeing all of the pics and stories emerge from the city.
    I'm not really sure if they released ahead of the storm. I just don't know.

I'm getting more rain this morning but my street is still clear. I hear that a grocery store close by is open. I could use a few things, in case I have no access for a bit. I also heard it's nuts down there with fights breaking out.

I may head down there just for a reason to punch someone.

The hurricane is scripted