Page 3 of 344 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anything Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    She'll figure it out on her own, due to peer pressure, when she's 8 or so.

Go back in the house and have a beer.

I dont want her to be the kid running behind all the other kids that have bikes.

Thinking way back waaaay back. I think I was 6 when I started. It was weird....I learned on my own. I would kinda ride in the apartment parking lot which the drive way was circular and I would just kinda hover around the curb between the drive and the sidewalk. Eventually I got my balance figured out and off I went. Then I would get brave and go as fast as I can down the steepest of hills out in the park's woods that had paths and shit....got a nice scar on my knee from biffing it

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It was weird....I learned on my own.
    See! My method works!

See! My method works!
    That was back in the 80's though

I learned when I was 10................................................ ..on the bike I got when I was 4.

all these stories do nothing for my confidence in teaching her. is 3 too early?

Quote Originally Posted by will_i_am View Post
    Well, so long as she's on training wheels and can reach the pedals, I don't think 3 is too early. However the earlier it is, the more easily frustrating it will be.

I remember the 1st time the training wheels came off. I thought it was much safer to run into a wall then make my first turn.

I must have been 4 or 5 when I learned. 3 is pretty young to ride a bike without training wheels. I had a neighbor that pretty much never learned how to ride a bike. It was hard for me to ever take him serious and I think that's why we got into fights playing football. I tackled the guy once and he got up wanting to fight. Of course he couldn't ride a bike so I put him down pretty easily.

Co-sign...My daughter is 4 and she is finally figuring it out. Now the hard part is getting her to push the pedals back to use the brakes

Quote Originally Posted by will_i_am View Post
    Nah 3 isn't too early. I think my daughter was 2 when I first put her on a bike with training wheels, of course I did all the work pushing but she did a little steering. She is 4 now and can pedal and turn by herself, but for whatever reason she can't figure out that pushing the pedals back is her brake. My advice is to find a big open space, like an empty parking lot or something, and just let her do what she can while you coach her up.

G/f IM's me instead of calling to ask if I can pick up the baby. I say, "yeah I guess" and she goes on this huge tirade about her not needing me to pick him up afterall, she'll be fine by herself, blah blah blah. Calm the fuck down.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Thinking way back waaaay back. I think I was 6 when I started. It was weird....I learned on my own. I would kinda ride in the apartment parking lot which the drive way was circular and I would just kinda hover around the curb between the drive and the sidewalk. Eventually I got my balance figured out and off I went. Then I would get brave and go as fast as I can down the steepest of hills out in the park's woods that had paths and shit....got a nice scar on my knee from biffing it
    Thats how I learned too, but that was only because my mom wasn't the best teacher lol.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    G/f IM's me instead of calling to ask if I can pick up the baby. I say, "yeah I guess" and she goes on this huge tirade about her not needing me to pick him up afterall, she'll be fine by herself, blah blah blah. Calm the fuck down.
    That's why I hate women. You say something innocent like "Yeah, I guess" and they go off the deep end like you said no or something. Jesus christ...

"Yeah, I guess" shows that you don't really want to. It's similar to saying "Yeah, if I have to".

If you mean "yeah" just say "yeah". If you mean "yeah, if I have to" just say "yeah".

This is from experience. Women have forgotten that they are not people and that they are here to do shit for us and to make sexy time with us. It sucks.

See I just take my cues from this guy.

I think he's inspired me to remain single with no children (that I know of).

The hot chick at the bank could've changed all that.

"Yeah, I guess" shows that you don't really want to. It's similar to saying "Yeah, if I have to".

If you mean "yeah" just say "yeah". If you mean "yeah, if I have to" just say "yeah".

This is from experience. Women have forgotten that they are not people and that they are here to do shit for us and to make sexy time with us. It sucks.
    Just something i say a lot, yeah I guess. I was very willing to go get him. I guess everytime i say it i'll have to use a lil smiley face or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    That's why I hate women. You say something innocent like "Yeah, I guess" and they go off the deep end like you said no or something. Jesus christ...
    Glad we see eye to eye on this one. lol.