Page 1 of 344 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anything Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

The Anything Thread

Well guys....here we go. Post anything you like, dislike, need to vent, laugh, cry, blah blah blah. I know people have lots to say and it'd be better to waste time in here then make a simple little thread about it.

First off for me......Instant Messages (AOL, MSN, Yahoo)

The thing I cannot stand is someone IMing me and then suddenly it's on me to carry the whole conversation. They barely say a peep at all and then IM you 30 minutes later asking what you're doing. I think you may call them online friends out of pity. *shrug*

Simple lil start to a simple lil thread.

I was wondering if we were going to see this pop up on here sometime.

Well, what the hell, I'll rant. I want to know what the hell is the attraction to people setting off fricking fireworks in the neighborhood at 1 in the freaking morning! Some of us do have to get up at 4am on Saturday mornings for work, and being that I'm live on the radio during my morning show for a couple hours, I'd prefer to get a full night's sleep instead of being woken up every hour or two by idiots setting off loud ass fireworks, which aren't even legal to be set off inside the city, and I'm wanting to believe the entire state as well (only sparklers and smoke bombs can be set off in Ohio if I remember correctly), except during the actual, professional fireworks shows.

I understand it's the 4th of July weekend and everything, but seriously! Setting them off during the day, the evening, etc, if you so desire, fine. But there is no reason to be setting them after 1 in the morning when people are trying to sleep, and when some people have to get up early for work. Apparently the lack of common sense pandemic sweeping this nation isn't going to end anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Well, what the hell, I'll rant. I want to know what the hell is the attraction to people setting off fricking fireworks in the neighborhood at 1 in the freaking morning! Some of us do have to get up at 4am on Saturday mornings for work, and being that I'm live on the radio during my morning show for a couple hours, I'd prefer to get a full night's sleep instead of being woken up every hour or two by idiots setting off loud ass fireworks, which aren't even legal to be set off inside the city, and I'm wanting to believe the entire state as well (only sparklers and smoke bombs can be set off in Ohio if I remember correctly), except during the actual, professional fireworks shows.

I understand it's the 4th of July weekend and everything, but seriously! Setting them off during the day, the evening, etc, if you so desire, fine. But there is no reason to be setting them after 1 in the morning when people are trying to sleep, and when some people have to get up early for work. Apparently the lack of common sense pandemic sweeping this nation isn't going to end anytime soon.
    I guess you wouldn't like me then. I'm usually finished by 12:30am, but it depends on how much I buy.
    Last edited by HWill; 07-03-2010 at 05:49 PM.

lol, well i did run it by a mod first and got the ok so i said, fuck yeah, why not?

Run wild, do whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    I guess you wouldn't like me then. I'm usually finished by 12:30am, but it depends on how much I buy.
    Well, I can understand going into the early night, between 10pm and even maybe as late as midnight, but setting them off at 1am, 2am, 3am, etc, is getting ridiculous, at least in my town, where it's illegal to set off any fireworks after a certain time at night, and especially in my neighborhood, where it seems like pretty much everyone is in bed and asleep by probably midnight or so.

Beer is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Beer is good.
    Seconded.

And people are crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    lol, well i did run it by a mod first and got the ok so i said, why not?
    Who said OK? I need to know who to reprimand! Just playing....Being public, it shouldn't and won't get abused.

Anyone else dislike AMC theaters? Hadn't been to one in years as they are more expensive than the other theater in market, Marcus Theatres. Had a $4 coupon on refreshments for AMC and thought I'd do some shopping in the area. Well, the money on the coupon was wiped out by the higher ticket cost ...and this ended up being an AMC theater not participating in the coupon offer. The refreshment prices were sky high plus the place was dirty. It'll be years before I even think of going to an AMC theater again.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Anyone else dislike AMC theaters? Hadn't been to one in years as they are more expensive than the other theater in market, Marcus Theatres. Had a $4 coupon on refreshments for AMC and thought I'd do some shopping in the area. Well, the money on the coupon was wiped out by the higher ticket cost ...and this ended up being an AMC theater not participating in the coupon offer. The refreshment prices were sky high plus the place was dirty. It'll be years before I even think of going to an AMC theater again.
    You saw Twilight, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    How did you know? I'm partial to Team Jacob. Actually saw Knight & Day. Not bad, but not good either. Wait for it on HBO.

Well my rant for the day is that it has not stopped raining in Lubbock since Thursday. I feel like if I go outside I'll drown out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    You know I can't lie I finally made it through the first one and it was actually entertaining. Didn't see the 2nd or 3rd one but I'll check them out eventually.

I've seen twilight and new moon in theatres. I owed the g/f a couple of movie go's so she chose those. I might be able to get out of seeing Eclipse, i'm really hoping her girlfriends take her out to the theatre and see it a few times so it'll be out of her system.

It's what i get for making her see halloween 2 and some other crap movie. lol.

The whole cast is terrible with such cheesey dialogue that it actually helped me to make it through. I just viewed it as a comedy.

Wearing shades/sunglasses indoors, mainly in clubs and other dark places. WHATS UP WITH THAT

Only a certain few can get away with this: Jack Nicholson, Shaft, Blues Brothers and a few others but for the rest, unless they are prescription....WTH!

The thing I cannot stand is someone IMing me and then suddenly it's on me to carry the whole conversation.
    I had a friend who would always chastize me for not calling her, but she wouldn't call me. It was always on me to initiate the phone call.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Not a good day. Drinkin some beer, watching people act a fool outside already....main problem.....i think i've pissed like 13 times today. really kills the beer mood.

Not a good day. Drinkin some beer, watching people act a fool outside already....main problem.....i think i've pissed like 13 times today. really kills the beer mood.
    Are you pregnant?

haha. If i hit 14 i'd consider keeping the child.

Who here has ncaa 10 and is willing to play?