Page 310 of 344 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 6864

Thread: The Anything Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    So, last week I upgraded my cable modem, in conjunction with Charter's speed upgrade.

This was my speed when directly connected to the modem:

This was my speed when going through my girlfriend's router:

So, I got a new router today ....

Still not quite there, but for wireless I'm happy.

Impressive download speed. If you don't mind me asking, how much does your plan cost?

The introductory rate was $30/month for 30mbps (though, as you can see, I wasn't getting that thanks to my router). It's since gone up to $45/month and will presumably go up next year as well. But they increased the speed from 30mbps to 100mbps without an immediate increase in price.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Bought a new couch today and it is HUGE. When I lay on it there's about 6-12" of room still left at my feet and I'm 6'5". It's going to be delivered by 9 PM tonight and the quest to never leave it will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Bought a new couch today and it is HUGE. When I lay on it there's about 6-12" of room still left at my feet and I'm 6'5". It's going to be delivered by 9 PM tonight and the quest to never leave it will begin.
    Expecting some quality streaming with you on that couch tonight! I suspect you can finish your entire MLB season.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Expecting some quality streaming with you on that couch tonight! I suspect you can finish your entire MLB season.
    I think I may have eliminated the need for a bedroom with this purchase. I've been thinking about getting a new 46" Samsung TV for my bedroom but now I'm not sure I'll ever go in there.

Steeler, what brand and where from?

Steeler, what brand and where from?
    The couch?

This is the couch I got. Manufacturer is Mayo. Total length is 103", length of seating area is 80". I got the dark brown one that is the second one on the page below. I got it at Gallery Furniture (remember the galleryfurniture.com Bowl?) though I can't find it on their website. I paid $1499 plus warranty and delivery etc. Total was just under $1900. They just delivered it, love it already!

http://www.mayofurniture.com/3620F.htm

The introductory rate was $30/month for 30mbps (though, as you can see, I wasn't getting that thanks to my router). It's since gone up to $45/month and will presumably go up next year as well. But they increased the speed from 30mbps to 100mbps without an immediate increase in price.
    The hell?

You piggy backing off AOL's/Google's backbone or something down there in VA?

No seriously...$45 for 100mbps!!!!

My shitty ISP here where I live is bending people over $94.95 (yeah I know right) for 50 mbps. The package I have for the "Go Faster" is $66.95 for 18 mbps. I'll add that they just recently started offering those packages. It use to be $50 for 10 down

They have a monopoly on the market here as the only broadband provider, other than Verizon's slow DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    The hell?

No seriously...$45 for 100mbps!!!!

My shitty ISP here where I live is bending people over $94.95 (yeah I know right) for 50 mbps. The package I have for the "Go Faster" is $66.95 for 18 mbps. I'll add that they just recently started offering those packages. It use to be $50 for 10 down

They have a monopoly on the market here as the only broadband provider, other than Verizon's slow DSL.
    Me... $60.00 for 25 download and 2.5 upload...

I average around 13-13.5 down, 1.5-2 up (advertised *18 down, 2 up) though I know at different times won't get that

The hell?

I'm not in VA anymore skip Otherwise I would still have my FiOS ... and I just noticed I never changed my location in my profile

Charter's the only broadband provider here, AFAIK, but I give them credit for upgrading their service without a push from competition (that I know of), though we are 4 hours from KC, so maybe they feel the pressure from Google Fiber.

Ah ok, I just noticed the servers you pinged were in MO. Yeah I'd love to get Fios down here but that's likely years away still.

Those speeds are unreal for that price though, even with no competition those prices could be a lot higher.

Me... $60.00 for 25 download and 2.5 upload...
    That's about mine too....
    The dude abides.

This is the couch I got. Manufacturer is Mayo. Total length is 103", length of seating area is 80". I got the dark brown one that is the second one on the page below. I got it at Gallery Furniture (remember the galleryfurniture.com Bowl?) though I can't find it on their website. I paid $1499 plus warranty and delivery etc. Total was just under $1900. They just delivered it, love it already!

http://www.mayofurniture.com/3620F.htm
    That couch is huge and it looks very deep. That's the kind of couch you can sink into. We need a new couch too but don't have the $$$$. With the messy kids we were thinking of going with leather but I have never had leather before. Is it comfortable in both hot and cold?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That's about mine too....
    Not sure about where you live but here there is so little competition for internet. Basically I have two options and both are priced fairly high. Upload speeds are especially bad in this part of the world.

That couch is huge and it looks very deep. That's the kind of couch you can sink into. We need a new couch too but don't have the $$$$. With the messy kids we were thinking of going with leather but I have never had leather before. Is it comfortable in both hot and cold?
    To be clear, the couch I got is fabric. It does look like leather though.

I have had leather and I really like the look of it. The problem to me is that they are FREEZING cold in the winter and you have to put a blanket down just to sit on it. At least that was my experience - it may be different for you since I'm sure you are running the heat a lot.

The problem to me is that they are FREEZING cold in the winter and you have to put a blanket down just to sit on it.
    Freezing Cold and Texas I don't think mix

Those speeds are unreal for that price though, even with no competition those prices could be a lot higher.
    Keep in mind that the price is one of those "introductory" deals. It was $30/month for the first year, has raised to $45/month for Year 2, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to go up in Year 3 and Year 4, then stay at Year 4 prices. It's all about drawing you in ...

I guess Omaha is getting gig internet with Cox. I wonder if they can string the fiber cable 60 miles down I-80.
    The dude abides.