Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fortnite - (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Fortnite - (PS4, XB1, PC)

A new IP from EPIC Games:

Courtesy Stick Skills:

Enter Fortnite. The new title from Epic games was unveiled in a trailer at the show, and features highly stylized graphics with characters that closely embody the soldiers in Team Fortress. Director of Epic Games, Cliff Bleszinski described the game as “a game in which you explore, you scavenge, you build, and ultimately…you survive.”

“While we’ve had amazing success with games like Gears of War and Infinity Blade,” he said, “we’ve decided it was time to switch it up a little bit, do something a little bit different, a little bit fun.”
    Last edited by cdj; 12-10-2011 at 10:58 PM.

First gameplay video I've really watched... love the idea of being able to customize a fort. I haven't really followed this game much... looks like it will be fun.

Last edited by gschwendt; 07-10-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Damn. The first post was from 2011
    The dude abides.

Here's another video that has voice-over with some additional details.

Game is currently only announced for PC but this article indicates that will likely change. It will be Free to Play and will include Co-Op (everyone on one team against the zombies) and PvP (separate teams that still have to deal with zombies). Right now it's hoped to be released in beta form by the end of this year.

Looks like it will be fun and as a F2P game in a similar vein of Team Fortress, I'd certainly give it a shot.

If you're interested in the Alpha, you can sign up here:
    https://www.fortnite.com/

So I picked this up and am loving it.

Now they added a Battle Royale mode to compete wtih PUBG, and considering PUBG is light years away from being on PS4, it made my purchase totally worth it.
    The dude abides.

The developer of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has hit out at Epic's Fortnite for "replicating" its game.

In an eyebrow-raising press release, Bluehole exec Chang Han Kim slammed Fortnite's new Battle Royale mode for its similarities to PUBG. Kim said his studio was "concerned" and - ominously - stated it would "contemplate further action".

It's a surprising position to take; despite Battlegrounds' huge popularity, it is far from the first game to offer Battle Royale-inspired gameplay. It's not even the first competitor from a major publisher - GTA Online recently launched its own take, for example.

Fornite is muscling in with the might of Epic behind it, and this week announced an aggressive launch proposition: it will be completely free to download and launch on console as soon as next week, eclipsing PUBG's own Xbox One version. It's feels like it's rattled Bluepoint - not least because Epic has mentioned PUBG while talking about its competitor.

"We've had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG's development as they are the creators of [Unreal Engine], the engine we licensed for the game," Kim stated. "After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.

"We have also noticed that Epic Games references PUBG in the promotion of Fortnite to their community and in communications with the press. This was never discussed with us and we don't feel that it's right."

Link

THis will be free next year correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    THis will be free next year correct?
    Rumored to be.
    The dude abides.

I've yet to play PUBG since my CPU won't be able to handle it, but I had a ton of fun on a couple matches of PVP on Fortnite here. This is a great little game, lots of people are bitching that a lot of stuff his hidden behind a paywall, but some say that it isn't the case. Either way I'm having fun with it so far.
    The dude abides.

Well here you go guys that didn't want to spend on a founder's pack...

Battle Royale FREE

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...RTNITETESTING1
    The dude abides.

I finally noticed/decided to download the free Battle Royale mode. Anyone still playing this one? I've been interested in it, so I'm glad I have a free option to give it a whirl.

I played it once with my son who loves it. Not really for me.

I finally gave it a whirl today (Battle Royale) and enjoyed it. I didn't play around with the actual building aspects, but the rest was fun. For having no instructions or tutorial upon start-up, I found it was relatively easy to figure out what to do for the most part.

Who knows how long I will keep playing or stick with it, but it was fun. Anyone else here play it?

Haven't played it since PUBG came out on XB1, but I'll eventually hop back in. I'll play a few rounds with you sometime CDJ.
    The dude abides.

So, they added a John Wick looking character but apparently it's not actually Wick? (I don't see them using his name or licensing/trademark info.) How long will he stay in the game before a lawsuit ensues...

Anybody else playing this one?

I tend to play Squads on Battle Royale but I don't stick with or run with my squad since most run into firefights and die two minutes in. Last night I single-handedly got my squad to second (others died minutes in) and the team that got first had all four teammates alive, so there was no chance for me.

Also, I've run into a lot of young kids playing online over the years, but I'm pretty sure I've heard the absolute youngest the last few days on Fortnite. Last night a kid sounded so young and high pitched, I thought he might have had the PS4 voice changer on.

I like solo a lot more in PUBG and this because of that sole reason lol

I'm starting to play Fortnite a little more though I prefer PUBG now that season 3 has kicked off.
    The dude abides.

Cool. Another way for me to die without getting a shot off.

Actually, if this item is rare and is more of an escape method versus 'death from above,' it might not be so bad.