Thread: Previous NCAA plays/formations you enjoyed.

• Facebook
  • Display

Previous NCAA plays/formations you enjoyed.

I was playing NCAA 07 on PS2 about an hour ago, and I realized just how many plays that the current NCAA 12 doesn't have that I miss. So I pose a question, what plays/formations from past NCAA games that you miss. I'll start off.

NCAA 08.
    Playbook: Florida
    Formation : 5WR Trio
    Play : Screen & Ladder.

Some spread teams use this play, where a WR will come in motion. When the ball is snapped, pass is thrown to the slot receiver, and pitched to that receiver in motion.

NCAA 07

Punt Return reverse.

start at 2:44

NCAA 07
    Wishbone.
    Double HB Option.

Hmmmmm.... was there ever a Statue of Liberty play? I first played '09 on PS2 and the rest on the 360 but I don't think I've ever seen that play on any of them.

If there never has been, that would be an EXCELLENT addition to any playbook to compliment some high powered/deceptive offenses such as Oregon.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    Hmmmmm.... was there ever a Statue of Liberty play? I first played '09 on PS2 and the rest on the 360 but I don't think I've ever seen that play on any of them.
    Yes -- and it's still in NCAA 12. Look at Ace Bunch Spread.
    Last edited by Unconquered; 12-06-2011 at 03:54 PM.

I can't recall specific names, but there are play types that were available in last-gen NCAA that really need to make it into next-gen NCAA:

* WR Screens with a playaction fake

* Reverses and double reverses, where the ball gets handed off and then tossed to a receiver coming back around. Also reverse passes. (End Arounds and Jet Sweeps are NOT reverses.) I'd also like to see this type of trickery out of Ace formations. Shotgun gets all the good trick plays. Ace deserves some love, too.

* WR double passes.

* Shovel passes.

* TE screens.

* Throwback screens.

* More PA Toss plays.
    Last edited by Unconquered; 12-29-2011 at 07:30 AM.

I would like to call shovel passes.