Thread: Question about switching positions this year

• Facebook
  • Display

Question about switching positions this year

Are you penalized at all for moving guys from position to position? Do they develop differently?

Here is what I am thinking. I do NOT use any FBs at all in my offense. Therefore I am recruiting NONE. But I don't want to have to have 2 walk-on FBs on my roster as part of my 70. So what I was wondering is if I can use them as place holders for guys who need time to develop. So my question is can I place anyone at FB for a couple of years and then move them back to their natural position down the road when they might see playing time?

I have experimented with moving linebackers. From what I have seen if you move an MLB to the OLB he will take a bit of a drop that season. However, after the season if I try to move him back outside to spread around my depth his MLB rating will now be LOWER than his OLB rating. So, it seems that moving them will change their specialization and ratings in the longterm.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I read somewhere, that one of the things to do with FBs in an offense that you don't use FB in, is to put either offensive lineman or TEs there for a year and then switch them to their natural position the second year. As a FB, they'll develop speed, acceleration, agility, catching, awareness, and the blocking skills. All things that are good for a TE and decent for a offensive lineman.

I haven't actually tried it, but I remember the guy that posted that it was what he did swore by it. Said it made his TEs play better because of the increase to the speed and acceleration which, normally, TEs don't develop much of.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I read somewhere, that one of the things to do with FBs in an offense that you don't use FB in, is to put either offensive lineman or TEs there for a year and then switch them to their natural position the second year. As a FB, they'll develop speed, acceleration, agility, catching, awareness, and the blocking skills. All things that are good for a TE and decent for a offensive lineman.

I haven't actually tried it, but I remember the guy that posted that it was what he did swore by it. Said it made his TEs play better because of the increase to the speed and acceleration which, normally, TEs don't develop much of.
    Cool, this doesn't help much much this year as I have a SHORTAGE of TE's and O-Linemen ironically but I will definitely use this tactic in the future as I try to ramp up my TE recruiting.

The one thing I dont like is switching some ATH. I just signed a 3 star 6'0 197lbs. I usually never sign Athletes at all. But I am the DC for Ball State, so I take anything I can get. His best position is as a DE. Really, a DE? I would put him at WR or CB where he is closely rated, I am a DC and my CBs are good. He is too slow to be a DB/WR and not hast enough to be a LB. He will be my fastest DE. I will just boost him to 220 pounds and make edit his body size.

hahahaha, you are going to edit him? tell me you don't claim to be a SIM player....

As for moving guys to a slower position, game is BROKE again this year particularly on defense. If you want to create a SUPER team simply recruit and switch player positions like this:
    FS to SS
    SS to LB
    LB to DE
    DE to DT

If you do this and get to where you are playing upperclassmen your defense will be UNBELIEVABLE because EA makes zero side effects for this. In my OD we have specific rules against moving a guy to a slower position because it makes the game even easier.

In real life size and strength matter a lot more. So does a kid's frame and ability to put on size. Also in real life if you switch kids around they typically get ticked off and its considered a negative because you recruited a kid and told him you wanted him at position X but then change him to position Y.

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    hahahaha, you are going to edit him? tell me you don't claim to be a SIM player....

As for moving guys to a slower position, game is BROKE again this year particularly on defense. If you want to create a SUPER team simply recruit and switch player positions like this:
    FS to SS
    SS to LB
    LB to DE
    DE to DT

If you do this and get to where you are playing upperclassmen your defense will be UNBELIEVABLE because EA makes zero side effects for this. In my OD we have specific rules against moving a guy to a slower position because it makes the game even easier.

In real life size and strength matter a lot more. So does a kid's frame and ability to put on size. Also in real life if you switch kids around they typically get ticked off and its considered a negative because you recruited a kid and told him you wanted him at position X but then change him to position Y.
    I am not going to edit as far as ratings, just his weight alittle. I tryed him at DE, but I believe his highest rating being DE is because of his speed alone. He was handled on the plays he was in. I might move him to Lb. I dont like editing ratings or even weight. If I do edit something, it is body size. With him, I maxed his more of his body to make him look bigger on the field.
    I like the feeling of having to recruit hard for 2 years to get the talent, then by the 4th year, they are playable. It wouldnt be fun at all, if I was winning every game by a blowout.