Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-12 Coaching Carousel

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I will definitely be keeping track of them now. Leech being the coach there has got to be exciting for the WSU faithful.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    cougars will win at least 8 games next year. book it

When he came to Texas Tech he took over a team that had a winning season and consistently went to bowls under Spike Dykes. I would say a + .500 season would be a big step up and I am not even sure they do that.

First game is @ Utah, so no gimme there and an upset special with Eastern Washington for game two.

Are there any fat little girlfriends in Pullman? Or are they all too jittery on Starbucks to be fat?

The speculation around coaches is crazy. Glad this is the first time I've seen PSU go through it. Apparently interviews are set up with Mullen, Bradley, Tim Murphy and David Shaw with the job as Shaw's to lose.

I wouldn't want to be the coach to follow in Paterno's footsteps, especially if any kind of sanctions come down or anything like that. I could see Mullen going, just because where he's at, he's coaching for a low tier team in a top-heavy division & conference. At least at Penn State, he'd have all of the resources he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I could see Mullen going, just because where he's at, he's coaching for a low tier team in a top-heavy division & conference. At least at Penn State, he'd have all of the resources he wants.
    Plus it would make the OSU/PSU game really interesting. See how Meyer does without his QB coach that he had for all of his success.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Plus it would make the OSU/PSU game really interesting. See how Meyer does without his QB coach that he had for all of his success.
    Now that would be interesting E.

Also G, I'm just not sure the NCAA would want to get into sanctions from all of this. It really is a weird situation but from what I'm hearing the NCAA is just doing their due diligence to show they care. Also just my gut reaction as well.

Rumor mill says Mike Sherman out at Texas A&M, but he has yet to be notified. Merry Christmas, Mike!

Even more juicy rumors: Mack Brown to retire after Baylor game on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Even more juicy rumors: Mack Brown to retire after Baylor game on Saturday.
    Any validity to that? I saw that rumor earlier, but some were saying that it originated from a Kansas radio station.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Any validity to that? I saw that rumor earlier, but some were saying that it originated from a Kansas radio station.
    Not 100% sure just yet, there were rumors last week of Saban to Texas for absurd $$$$. However, the University Co-Op just re-tweeted as well. There's been hints of something going on from recruitocosm for a little while as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Rumor mill says Mike Sherman out at Texas A&M, but he has yet to be notified. Merry Christmas, Mike!
    its official now. he's gone

CBS Sports reporting that FAU has offered job to Nebraska DC Carl Pelini and that he will accept.

The Carousel is definitely spinning tonight!

Speaking of Saban, I have heard his name mentioned for PSU too, but not by any credible sources

Not 100% sure just yet, there were rumors last week of Saban to Texas for absurd $$$$. However, the University Co-Op just re-tweeted as well. There's been hints of something going on from recruitocosm for a little while as well.
    So it looks as though there may be a little bite to this rumor:

http://barkingcarnival.fantake.com/2...e-big-cigar-3/

Seems as though Chris Peterson may have been inline as Mack's successor all along, which makes a lot of sense being that the two staffs have been really close for a few years now. I just hope in all of this we are able to keep a hold of Manny Diaz. Chris Peterson, Bryan Harsin and Manny Diaz would pretty much trump any coaching staff in the nation.

Chris Peterson, Bryan Harsin and Manny Diaz would pretty much trump any coaching staff in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Tell me which other staff's you would rather take? I'll give you Saban, Smart and Jim McElwain. However Harsin is better than McElwain and Smart will be moving on. Diaz and Smart are on the same level, that's Saban's defense, always has been always will be. Diaz calls the shots on defense at Texas.

So now we're at Saban and Peterson, I'll give you Saban, if he wanted to come to Texas I'd fly down to Austin to help him move. However, Peterson has taken "his" and beat "yours" at an impressive rate considering who "his" are and I'd welcome him to the 40 especially considering the transformation process has already begun this year with Harsin.

Tell me which other staff's you would rather take? I'll give you Saban, Smart and Jim McElwain. However Harsin is better than McElwain and Smart will be moving on. Diaz and Smart are on the same level, that's Saban's defense, always has been always will be. Diaz calls the shots on defense at Texas.

So now we're at Saban and Peterson, I'll give you Saban, if he wanted to come to Texas I'd fly down to Austin to help him move. However, Peterson has taken "his" and beat "yours" at an impressive rate considering who "his" are and I'd welcome him to the 40 especially considering the transformation process has already begun this year with Harsin.
    I think I would stick with my staff. Look up Big 12 Championships, count em up. Look at all the BCS games and BCS title games we made it to. They might not win the big one but they are consistently solid. Better to get there than end up in the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl.

You might worry more about going .500 in your conference, or beating a school from the state of Oklahoma before you start dreaming about the awesomeness that might be your Longhorn Coaching staff in 2012. Bryan Harsin? Really? You are talking about the guy who mustered up a whopping 5 points against Missouri and 13 points the next week against Kansas St? Diaz is a good coach but last I checked he gave up over 450 yards to the Sooners in that little game we play yearly.

Looks like there will be a press conference Monday to announce Carl Pelini as the new FAU head coach.