Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Week 14 College Games

• Facebook
  • Display
    I thought Wisconsin would handle MSU this time around (and it looked like it early), but they are in a fight right now. MSU up 36-28, but UW driving.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I thought Wisconsin would handle MSU this time around (and it looked like it early), but they are in a fight right now. MSU up 36-28, but UW driving.
    I sort of had a feeling it would be another tough, close battle. I've always felt Wisconsin as overrated. I am somewhat surprised by Clemson beating VT handedly. I thought VT would be the outright favorite with Clemson the chance to possibly play upset favorite. But Clemson is just taking to VT hardcore tonight.

Same here. I thought Clemson was going to be 'Clemson,' but they've buried VT tonight.

MSU up 39-34, but UW gets a potential game-winning drive. Plenty of time to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I always laughed my ass off at the dumbasses claiming that having a playoff would affect the players and their classes and all the other stupid reasons they come up with. Uh, hello. Every fucking other division of college football has playoffs. FCS, Division II, Division III, NAIA. They have absolutely no problems with a playoff for their postseason. So how come it's such a big deal or problem now when we start talking FBS? Fucking idiots.
    Not to mention that basketball and baseball teams who have 3x+ the amount of games and far more time on the road and away from school and both somehow manage to to have conference championships and playoffs.

I like Gus Johnson but someone really needs to slip a xanax in his drink before the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Not to mention that basketball and baseball teams who have 3x+ the amount of games and far more time on the road and away from school and both somehow manage to to have conference championships and playoffs.
    That's right. I keep forgetting about basketball and baseball as well. Yeah, when you have basketball playing on any and every night of the week, some teams playing 2 or 3 games a week, possibly all on the road. Apparently it's fine for them to have to deal with the rigors of sports and class, but heaven forbid that there be a playoff in FBS football because some of the players might miss Shapes and Colors Day in class.

What a game between MSU and Wisc. I think Gus Johnson is going to blow out his voice. That long pass play to set up the go-ahead TD was the biggest "Gus-gasm" ever recorded.

And the punter decides the B1G Championship Game....

What a game between MSU and Wisc. I think Gus Johnson is going to blow out his voice. That long pass play to set up the go-ahead TD was the biggest "Gus-gasm" ever recorded.
    Hope someone YouTube'd it.

Well it was part collision and part acting. Regardless the right call.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Well it was part collision and part acting. Regardless the right call.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I agree, but I wasn't a fan of the punter acting like he did something great when walking off the field and looking for a chest bump.

BCS Guru predicting Oklahoma State will move up to #2 in the BCS.

- Coaches will have Bama at No. 2 as will Harris voters. BUT ... I'm projecting OSU to be at No. 2 in the BCS standings.
    - The margin will be very slim, but enough voters will flip in both polls to put OSU over the top. The VT loss helped big-time.

Didn't like it at all. Frankly, I think the flag should have stayed in the pocket and give MSU one more possession. A terrible ending to an excellent game.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    BCS Guru predicting Oklahoma State will move up to #2 in the BCS.

- Coaches will have Bama at No. 2 as will Harris voters. BUT ... I'm projecting OSU to be at No. 2 in the BCS standings.
    - The margin will be very slim, but enough voters will flip in both polls to put OSU over the top. The VT loss helped big-time.
    This is your last chance College Football. OSU deserves to be #2 (since you decided that they shouldn't have fell more than 5 spots after getting their asses beat by Iowa State). There's no other way around it and I refuse to accept anything else (too bad ESPN has been saying, since LSU beat Georgia yesterday, that it's gonna be LSU vs Alabama the whole time).

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Oh, and that roughing the punter call was GARBAGE. Talk about a totally bullshit rule that needs to change.

Thank god the AP poll doesn't matter....those fools kept Bama at #2.

Call me crazy but it's hard for me to not have Bama at 2. Do I want a rematch, no. Do I want to see a team in that didn't win their conference, not really. But Bama's resume is just as impressive as OSU, their one loss is to the clear #1 team and would have won if they would have a kicker. As for not winning their conference, they have the best team in their conference, should another team really get rewarded because they won a conference without the best team in it? I'm sorry but the Big 12 is not as strong this year. Who did OSU beat outside of the Big 12?

Quick question, say Bama makes one of those FGs and wins the LSU gsme and then wins out, would there be a debate of LSU being 2 after going to Ore and WVU and beating those teams but didn't win their conference?

I agree, Eric.

I don't want a rematch, but Ok. St. lost to Iowa St and their best win was over "Big Game" Bob's overrated, 3-loss, 4th-place bunch. Whoopy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Oh, and that roughing the punter call was GARBAGE. Talk about a totally bullshit rule that needs to change.
    Didn't call Roughing. It was Running Into, which he did. It just happened to be enough for a 1st down (which is why, in that scenario, you need to stay the fuck away from the punter).

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I agree, Eric.

I don't want a rematch, but Ok. St. lost to Iowa St and their best win was over "Big Game" Bob's overrated, 3-loss, 4th-place bunch. Whoopy...
    Actually their best win was a whipping they put on Baylor. One of the few teams to hold RG3 down.