Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Week 14 College Games

• Facebook
  • Display
    Good run for Houston but So Miss is just outplaying them.

Yep, hopefully we can get Fedora is we don't get Kirby Smart. USM is playing good under Fedora....if we miss out on both of them then I guess it goes to Hugh Freeze (Arky. State) sure that will make G happy lol.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    There goes my Houston argument...

On the plus side, Georgia is making LSU look like a bunch of bums. Man, I can't wait for them to lose and to see the absolute fallout of having two one loss SEC teams in the MNC game instead of a great playoff system that would allow the crowning of a true champion.

Gotta love the LSU halftime stats

1st Downs 0
    Total Yards 12

Too bad, since then, they've remembered that they were playing a game of football and not a game of two-hand touch. I swear to god, every time I watch this piece of shit LSU team play, I'm disgusted that WVU lost to them and allowed so many yards against them. They're fuckin' awful but they're not as awful offensively as the rest of the SEC apparently is. It's like watching flies fuck with how inept SEC offenses are. No wonder Florida and Auburn romped all over everyone is that conference, they don't know what to do when they play a team worth a fuck offensively.

The CBS crew's presentation of stats comparing Alabama to OSU was completely comical. Unless I missed it, they never showed SOS, Top 25 wins, etc. - only stats that favored Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The CBS crew's presentation of stats comparing Alabama to OSU was completely comical. Unless I missed it, they never showed SOS, Top 25 wins, etc. - only stats that favored Bama.
    I know! I thought the same thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Okie State up 17-0 on OU.....they may not be able to overcome Gary Danielson's campaigning, but they want that #2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I know! I thought the same thing.

People say ESPN tries to influence voters and media perception, but CBS may have been in worse violation tonight.

On the bright side...

I can't think of one for OU but this ass whopping will make the BCS look bad if we get an LSU/Bama rematch.

bama had their shot in the regular season and didnt get it done. this is the exact scenario as what happened with georgia back in 07, and the argument then, was "how do you put a team in the national championship who didnt even win their conference or division?"

give the cowboys a shot. no one (outside of sec fans) wants to see an all sec national championship.

At least the need for a playoff will resonate more.

The dude abides.

At least the need for a playoff will resonate more.

Actually, I think this does the opposite. Playoff supporters need 3, 4, 5+ worthy teams. Right now, it's LSU and we're struggling to find a #2. Outside Bama/OSU (and Bama already lost to LSU), there's no legitimate argument for anyone else to be in the MNC discussion.

Good to see Landry Jones giving out all his Christmas gifts early. He might just be giving the gift of a MNC game before the night is over.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Actually, I think this does the opposite. Playoff supporters need 3, 4, 5+ worthy teams. Right now, it's LSU and we're struggling to find a #2. Outside Bama/OSU (and Bama already lost to LSU), there's no legitimate argument for anyone else to be in the MNC discussion.
    But, see, that's just as good. With no legitimate #2, that makes the whole bullshit of the BCS formula that much more bullshit. What is happening right now is just as good as having 3-5 teams with no losses. When you don't have a definite #2, you have fans from all over claiming that they should be there. Stanford, Oklahoma State, Alabama, and Oregon all have valid reasons for being in the MNC game. That works for me just fine. Anything at all that makes the need for a playoff game that much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    But, see, that's just as good. With no legitimate #2, that makes the whole bullshit of the BCS formula that much more bullshit. What is happening right now is just as good as having 3-5 teams with no losses. When you don't have a definite #2, you have fans from all over claiming that they should be there. Stanford, Oklahoma State, Alabama, and Oregon all have valid reasons for being in the MNC game. That works for me just fine. Anything at all that makes the need for a playoff game that much more important.
    Agree with all those teams except for Oregon. Had they beaten USC and were a one loss team then yes they would be in fight. Virginia Tech would have had a case as a one loss team but they are losing to Clemson.

Well as it's always been. Every single sport, including every other division of the NCAA does a playoff. With parity more prevalent now a days, it's time to evolve.

The dude abides.

Oh yeah, I forgot about them losing to USC. Nevermind. Then, yeah, only three teams with a legitimate shot at being #2. Could have been more (Virginia Tech, Oregon, and Houston) but that's why teams play the games.

Well as it's always been. Every single sport, including every other division of the NCAA does a playoff. With parity more prevalent now a days, it's time to evolve.

It never should have been anything BUT a playoff. It's utterly ridiculous that they EVER thought that College Football could work like this and be a true race for the championship game for everyone.

Yeah, I always laughed my ass off at the dumbasses claiming that having a playoff would affect the players and their classes and all the other stupid reasons they come up with. Uh, hello. Every fucking other division of college football has playoffs. FCS, Division II, Division III, NAIA. They have absolutely no problems with a playoff for their postseason. So how come it's such a big deal or problem now when we start talking FBS? Fucking idiots.