Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carl's Ohio Tech University Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display

Ohio Tech Mounders Football
    Season 7 - 2015
    Coach: William Perry

Season Summary
    Ohio Tech entered season 7 riding a nine game winning streak, and kept it going early on with the team’s first ever victory over the rival Bearcats and a convincing 58-27 win at Indiana. For an encore Tech kept it rolling by continuing its dominance over an outmatched conference USA field. The string of victories lifted OTU to as high as #3 in the polls; however, the Cinderella run came to a screeching halt against against the Miners of UTEP who forced a number of turnovers on the way to handing the Mounders their first loss of the season. The loss seemed to shake the team’s confidence the following week as Notre Dame blasted the Mounders 41-14 in South Bend. Tech would rebound to finish the regular season undefeated, but their lone conference loss to UTEP gave the Miners the tie breaker for the C-USA West. OTU received a bid to play in the Hawai’I Bowl against WAC champion Boise State. The disappointment from missing out on the conference tilte was lessened with a 48-20 postseason victory. Furthermore, the Mounders finished ranked #8 in both polls one slot behind state Ohio State which had the Tech faithful wondering if their team had become a legitimate contender with the Buckeyes for Ohio football supremacy.

General Information

Preseason

National Rank

Preseason Awards

Captains

1st Team All American

2nd Team All American

1st Team All C-USA

2nd Team All C-USA

Conference Outlook
    C-USA

C-USA West

Season

Schedule/Results
    * Conference games
    # All Opponent Rankings are final

Conference Finish
    C-USA

C-USA West

BCS Bowls

Conference Championships

Coaches’ Poll

Media Poll

Heisman Trophy Recipient

Heisman Recipient Statistics

Season Statistics

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Blocking

Defense

Kicking

Punting

Kick Return

Punt Return

Season Statistics
    Team

Offense

Defense

Awards

Maxwell

Walker

Mackey

Butkus

Thorpe

1st Team All American

Freshman All American

1st Team All C-USA

2nd Team All C-USA

Post Season

Players Leaving

Incoming Transfers

Recruiting Class
    National Rank:

Top Recruiting Classes

Position Changes
    Last edited by Carl; 07-09-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Season 8 - 2016

Season Summary
    Season 8 saw Tech garner both big victories and suffer disappointing losses in and up and down campaign for the Mounders. The triumphs began early in the season as OTU took down eventual Big East champion Louisville, rival Cincinnati, and a ranked Indiana squad in the first three weeks of the season. However, the increased overall strength of Conference USA (the conference finished with three teams ranked in the top 25) became evident in the opening week of conference action. The Blazers of UAB pulled an improbable upset over a Mounder squad which looked confused and lost for most of the contest. Tech would rebound with three straight victories before faltering again in a shootout with Central Florida. Despite suffering two conference losses the Mounders still had the opportunity to clinch a spot in the C-USA championship game (by virtue of OTU’s victory over Houston earlier in the season) with a victory over UTEP. Unfortunately, the Miners embarrassed Tech 35-7 in what Coach Perry called “the most disappointing effort I have been a part of.” Despite their disappointing showing in conference play the Mounders’ seniors refused to end their careers on a down note. Following the UTEP game Perry reinserted Senior QB Mike Smith (who had been earlier in the year in favor of redshirt freshman McKinney) who played the most consistent football of his career over the next three games throwing only one interception against 8 touchdowns. This efficient played lead to a victory over Tulane to close out conference play, as well as a surprise rout of Notre Dame to avenge a loss from the previous year. To finish the season OTU took on in state opponent Kent State in the St. Petersburg bowl which resulted in a 49-13 win.

General Information

Preseason

National Rank

Preseason Awards

Captains

1st Team All American

1st Team All C-USA

2nd Team All C-USA

Conference Outlook
    C-USA

C-USA West

Season

Schedule/Results – Combined Opponent Record: 75-77
    * Conference games

Conference Finish
    C-USA

C-USA West

BCS Bowls

Conference Championships

Coaches’ Poll

Media Poll

Heisman Trophy Recipient

Season Statistics

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Blocking

Defense

Kicking

Punting

Kick

Punt Return

Season Statistics
    Team

Offense

Defense

Awards

Heisman

Bednarik

Mackey

Lombardi

Thorpe

Ray Guy

Best Returner

1st Team All American

2nd Team All American

Freshman All American

1st Team All C-USA

2nd Team All C-USA

Post Season

Players Leaving

Incoming Transfers

Recruiting Class
    National Rank:

Top Recruiting Classes

Position Changes

Season 9 - 2017

Season Summary
    In season 9 the Ohio Tech football program catapulted itself to the upper echelon of college football. Coming off a strong finish and St. Petersburg Bowl victory in the previous year the majority of experts tabbed OTU to win their second C-USA title. However, nobody could have predicted how much success the team would have. Much of the team’s success was a result of Coach of the Year William Perry’s decision to move toward a power running game on offense. It turned out to be a good decision as the Mounders had two players gain over 1,000 yards on the ground. One of these was WR/HB Will Lewis who did everything for Tech in 2017 on his way to finishing second in the Heisman voting. Lewis gained 2357 yards of total offense, with 33 total offensive touchdowns, and 4 kick returns for scores. This new offensive was evident early on. In the first 7 games of the season Tech faced challenges from Cincinnati and Memphis, but was able to pull out these victories and run their record to 7-0, ranked #6 in the country. This set up a midseason showdown with West Virginia who was, at the time, ranked #4. What many expected to be a great game turned into a rout as the Mounders blasted the Mountaineers in Morgantown 55-5. This victory got the momentum rolling for Tech and the team outscored its opposition 355-84 over a six game stretch. A stretch which included 6 more wins including a victory of Central Florida in the C-USA Championship to claim their second title. Following the regular season LSU, Penn State, Ohio Tech, and Boise State all finished the year undefeated. Unfortunately, LSU and Penn State received bids to play for the National Championship sending Ohio Tech to the Rose Bowl against Pac 10 champion Cal. The Golden Bears dominated early taking a 20-7 halftime lead over OTU. However, the Mounder defense tightened up in the second half and the offense was sparked by a number of big plays on their way to a 35-23 victory. Tech finished the season ranked #2 in both polls, receiving 25 first place votes in the Media poll. The historic season paid further dividends in the offseason as Ohio Tech garnered an invite from the Big Ten Conference, who also brought Nebraska into the fold replacing Indiana and Northwestern.

General Information

Preseason

National Rank

Preseason Awards

Captains

1st Team All American

2nd Team All American

1st Team All C-USA

2nd Team All C-USA

Conference Outlook
    C-USA

C-USA West

Season

Schedule/Results – Combined Opponent Record: 77-86
    * Conference games

Conference Finish
    C-USA

C-USA West

BCS Bowls

Conference Championships

Coaches’ Poll

Media Poll

Heisman Trophy Recipient

Season Statistics

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Blocking

Defense

Kicking

Punting

Kick Return

Punt Return

Season Statistics
    Team

Offense

Defense

Awards

Heisman

Maxwell

Bednarik

Walker

Biletnikoff

Lombardi

Butkus

Thorpe

Groza

Best Returner

Coach of the Year

1st Team All American

2nd Team All American

1st Team All C-USA

2nd Team All C-USA

Post Season

Players Leaving

Incoming Transfers

Recruiting Class
    National Rank: 42

Top Recruiting Classes

Position Changes

I'm not organized enough to do any of this stuff. Great job!

Thanks! As far as organizing goes I try to keep it pretty simple. I created a format for all my season summaries in word and I just fill that out at the end of every season. Works pretty well and is not that time consuming.

I now have all the seasons I have played on NCAA 10 posted. All thats left to do now is complete season 10's team on teambuilder (which is almost done) and Ill be ready to go for '11. I post a link to that team when it is completed.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Good stuff man.

Did the game actually invite you to the Big Ten or did you just decide to move there and bring Nebraska in as well?

I ask because I'm in season 6 of my dynasty on '10 and still haven't received an invite to anywhere (and I just happened to win the National Championship my final season) and I'm thinking I might just decide to get invited to a different conference instead of waiting for the game to invite me to one (though I'd prefer to actually get an invite).

I decided to move them in on my own. I would rather have recieved an invite from the game, but I could tell that my team was getting to the point were it was going to be to easy to dominate C-USA competition. So since it seemed plausible enough that following a 14-0 record and rose bowl victory OTU would be a candidate to move up to a BCS conference, I decided to do it myself in the interest of competitive balance.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I decided to move them in on my own. I would rather have recieved an invite from the game, but I could tell that my team was getting to the point were it was going to be to easy to dominate C-USA competition. So since it seemed plausible enough that following a 14-0 record and rose bowl victory OTU would be a candidate to move up to a BCS conference, I decided to do it myself in the interest of competitive balance.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. I would assume that you would have to dominate your conference for a while before the game would consider you good enough to move to another conference.

I guess I'll just be moving them without an invite after all...

I have completed the season 10 version of Ohio Tech on teambuilder in time for NCAA 11. I cant figure out how to post a link to it that doesnt just go to the teambuilder homepage, so if you want to look at it either type in "Ohio Tech Mounders" and its the only team that comes up. Or you can search my PSN name NOHT10. Can't wait to get going on '11!

Tech Upsets Ohio State in the Horseshoe
    A rivalry is born as the Mounders take down top ranked OSU 27-10

November 6, 2018

Columbus, Ohio – Nobody involved with the Ohio Tech football program could deny that the last two weeks had been rough. A heartbreaking 33-31 loss to Michigan two weeks prior by way of a late hailmary and game winning field goal, could only be topped by a crushing loss to new Big Ten member Nebraska. This loss came in overtime as the Husker defense intercepted Mounder quarterback Joel McKinney and then kicked a game winning field goal to win by a 38-35 margin. Thus, the Mounders would come limping into Columbus with a 6-3 record for their first ever meeting against instate foe Ohio State. The Buckeyes were undefeated and eyeing a possible appearance in the BCS national championship game. The matchup between OSU and OTU had been hyped as a rivalry by fans and media ever since Ohio Tech had joined the Big Ten and was dubbed the “Battle for the 17th” by the media (in reference to Ohio being the 17th state to join the union). The initial “battle” of the series would end up having significant effect on the 2018 college football landscape.

The weather in Columbus was freezing cold and it appeared to favor the defenses early as both teams were held without a score until Buckeye kicker Perkins launched a 62 yarder through the uprights late in the first to take a 3-0 lead. Tech would respond with a nice drive inside the ten yard line, but have to settle for a field goal after a goal line stand by the stingy buckeye defense. Each team would continue to trade possessions until Buckeye QB, and Heisman hopeful, Howard Thornton hit WR Franklin with a 29 yard scoring strike with 32 seconds remaining to take a 10-3 lead into halftime.

The third quarter would again be dominated by a strong defensive effort by both sides as the only score came on a David Jacques field 36 yard field goal which cut the Buckeyes’ lead to just four points. However, in the fourth quarter Ohio Tech would get rolling putting up 21 unanswered points. The scoring would get going when McKinney directed an efficient drive that set up a one yard touchdown plunge by freshman FB Smith. The touchdown put OSU down 13-10 with just under 5 minutes left in the contest. However, on the ensuing possession the Buckeyes would begin to self destruct. It was Aaron Heinz who ruined the day for OSU by intercepting a pass and returning it to the three yard line.

From there backup QB Wayne Powell, who was forced to replace McKinney late in the game due to injury, found WR Taylor Dailey with a three yard touchdown pass.

The Buckeyes subsequent attempts to mount a comeback would be stymied by the Mounder defense , and a final touchdown run by HB Bill Young would seal the Buckeyes fate and put the final score at 27-10.

The win improves Tech to a 7-3 overall and 3-3 conference record, while Ohio State suffers their first loss of the season dropping to 9-1 (5-1). On offense the Mounders were paced by the strong play of QB Joel McKinney who went 17-32 for 208 yards, 100 of those yards (and 8 of the completions) came from senior receiver Andrew Henry. This compensated for a stagnant running game which saw leading rusher Bill Young rush for just 57 yards on 23 carries. Defensively, All-American Linebacker Aaron Heinz lead the way with 12 total tackles (11 solo), 2 TFL, and the interception late in the contest. The Mounders will stay on the road next week, traveling to Happy valley to take on the 7-3 Nittany Lions.

After completing the first season of my dynasty on '11 I thought I would post a couple of observations.

- First, with the addition of Ohio Tech and Nebraska to the Big Ten an allready strong conference has become extremely difficult. For this upcoming season the Big Ten has 6 ranked teams, 3 of which are in the top ten: #2 Ohio State, #3 Wisconsin, #7 Nebraska, #11 Penn State, #12 Ohio Tech, and #16 Iowa. With all these great teams in one conference it feels a bit like a mini rebuilding project to try and win a conference title.

- I have decided to make some modifications to how I deal with recruiting, actually loosening some of the restrictions I had been using. On NCAA 10 recruiting was more or less a formality. Essentially, I was 90 percent sure that any player I targeted I was going to get. So I had pretty strict restrictions: I only recruited as many players as I had leaving, regional restrictions (Ohio, states bordering Ohio, and states with Big Ten teams), and the most significant restriction was that I could only have one 4 or 5 star player in any given position group at one time. However, in '11 recruiting seems to be more difficult, and the recruiting slider lets me adjust it further. So I think I am going to keep the first two restrictions (although I may have to occasionally break the regional restriction since it is difficult to recruit players late in the process) but for the time being get rid of the last. Instead of self restricting I will allow the increased difficulty to dictate, and also adjust the recruiting slider if need be. For instance, right now I have it set to varsity but if it happens that my team becomes too much of a powerhouse I will move it up. That way I can temper down my recruiting classes without doing so much artificial self restriction.

- Lastly, on an intersting side note the "likeness" of Kellen Moore has now won three Heismans on two different versions of the game (and thus as two different personas). He won two on '10 and won the Heisman again this last season. EA seems to love Boise State period as they have also won a national championship now on each version of the game.
    Last edited by Carl; 07-23-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Holy cow....good stuff.

I did the same thing you did, added Nebraska Tech with Nebraska into the Big Ten. Moved Northwestern to the Big XII and Indiana to the MAC and gave the ax to Eastern Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Holy cow....good stuff.

I did the same thing you did, added Nebraska Tech with Nebraska into the Big Ten. Moved Northwestern to the Big XII and Indiana to the MAC and gave the ax to Eastern Michigan.
    I had a feeling the Big Ten would be strong in this year's version based off of how it finished the year in bowl season last year and Im glad it turned out that way so that Ill have alot of competition. Ill be interested in seeing if the Big Ten turns out the same way in your dynasty.

Numbness and Iron Man

He had been here before. In fact he had been here often Perry thought to himself, but never like this. Numb. The feeling embodied his entire state of being. Numb. In one way it was nothing new to Perry who quite often found his fingers loosing feeling. The same experience he always had when he was on the verge of inebriation, Makers Mark will do that to you. But this was different. This was deeper, emptier.
    Perry allowed his eyes to wander around his McMaken Athletic Center office. A shimmer of moonlight crept in through the partially closed blinds. There was the picture of him and his coaching mentor Mike Smith in an embrace following the program’s first ever win. The trophy commemorating the first bowl win against Bowling Green. And of course the 2017 Rose Bowl victory over Cal. But then he saw it. The one piece of memorabilia that brought him crashing down to reality. The Iron Man Awards. Joe Jefferson’s Iron Man Awards. The numbness began to creep back.

In comparison to the rest of Jefferson’s trophy case these awards utterly insignificant. A cheap paper certificate commemorating one’s perfect attendance at offseason workouts has a tendency to be forgotten in the midst of three Lombardi Awards. But not now, not by Perry anyway. He still remembered his first discussion with Jefferson about the awards…

“Jefferson, how come you haven’t come by to pick up your Iron Man certificate,” said Perry slightly annoyed that it was still taking up space in his office.
    “I don’t know boss… I don’t know… I just don’t know why it’s a big deal. Can’t anyone just show up to a workout?” conjectured the soft-spoken defensive end.
    “Well sure Joe, but unfortunately not everyone does.”
    “Yeah… yeah… that’s true,” said Jefferson as he seemed to stare just past the negative space over his coach’s right shoulder.
    “Well, it will be waiting for you in the office whenever you want to come get it,” Perry answered now taken aback by the fact that this appeared to be no small matter for him. A lot more seemed to be at stake than he could have imagined.
    “Okay… sure thing boss.”

Of course, he never came by to pick them up and there they sat seven years later. Although Perry had no doubt that Jefferson had thought long and hard about it. To those who didn’t know him Jefferson generally came across as aloof and disinterested if not downright unfriendly. But that’s not how Perry remembered him. To him Jefferson was pensive and conflicted, walking a fine line between the life of a football star and iconoclast.
    Crash. “Damnit!” sweared Perry under his breath as the bottle of Makers toppled over on the desk in front of him. And as he wiped away the spilt alchohol from his desk he confronted the true source of his numbness. The Cincinnati Enquirer sports section. “Former Mounder Football Star Found Dead.” Perry’s eyes scanned the article once again only able to catch spare phrases in his diminished mental state. Hall of Fame. Records. Sacks. Columbus. Captain. NFL Draft. Redskins. Pro Bowl. Contract. Promising. Future. Suicide. Perry could barely finish reading the word before he instinctively poured another shot. Suicide. The numbness sank in once again.

Ever since he got word that morning he had mourned the loss. But if he was completely honest with himself the deep numbness he felt now was a matter of personal crisis. Of course, it saddened him to think about the promising future that could have been. About a young man who went too soon. From the time of that first conversation about the Iron Man certificate, till graduation and beyond Perry and Jefferson developed a close relationship. Never before had he enjoyed talking with one of his players more than Jefferson. Perry became fascinated with the contrast between their lives. What had Perry’s life become? At work he was trapped in a never ending pursuit of winning, championships, accolades. But what the fuck for? What difference did it make whether Tech won zero titles or forty. What was the point? Outside of work he was trapped in a constant train of alcohol and fast women. Anything to fill the emptiness. But Jefferson didn’t need the accolades, or the accomplishments, or even football at all for that matter. Jefferson seemed to desire something more meaningful, he wasn’t trapped.

But now he was gone, the one person he thought had it figured out. The one person who he thought hadn’t succumb to the insignificance Perry found in his own life decided to end it all.

The door to his office quietly creaked open. It was Melissa, the high end call girl he had gotten to know quite well.

“Are you ready, baby?” The question was asked with same feigned eagerness he had heard countless times before. She walked into the office that she had gotten to know all too well. She sat down on the desk next to the same bottle of Makers that he knew all too well.
    “Yeah…”

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I have completed the season 10 version of Ohio Tech on teambuilder in time for NCAA 11. I cant figure out how to post a link to it that doesnt just go to the teambuilder homepage, so if you want to look at it either type in "Ohio Tech Mounders" and its the only team that comes up. Or you can search my PSN name NOHT10. Can't wait to get going on '11!
    After searching for Ohio Tech Mounders, click on the right result. Copy and URL of the page that comes up (where you can preview your uniform and roster).

Here's your link: http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...013:1277086117
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Thanks for the link. For some reason the link works on this library computer but not on my laptop at home. Regardless, ill put the link on the post with the uniforms.