Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 Week 11 College Games

• Facebook
  • Display
    Barring a miracle, it'll be LSU and Okie State in the driver's seat for the MNC with an Oklahoma win setting up an LSU-Bama rematch for the MNC.

stanford has completely fallen apart these last 4 minutes with 3 straight turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Barring a miracle, it'll be LSU and Okie State in the driver's seat for the MNC with an Oklahoma win setting up an LSU-Bama rematch for the MNC.
    OU/OSU is starting to look like The Game of the Year Part Two, The Bizzaro Extended Offense remix. More points will be scored before the first penalty flag is thrown then you had in the whole LSU/Bama game, including OT.

BCS Should look like this tomorrow (sorry to see you go Stanford/Boise)

1. LSU
    2. Okie St
    3. Alabama
    4. Oklahoma but with the big win Oregon my jump them

Stanford and Oregon should both be ahead of Oklahoma based on who they've each lost to. They won't be though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Stanford and Oregon should both be ahead of Oklahoma based on who they've each lost to. They won't be though.
    Oregon I can agree with to a point, Stanford nope. SOS for Stanford is really bad. OU has a TOP 10 SOS, so I can understand why they would end up 4th. Also, and it is not something people like, the earlier you lose the better.

Great. Thanks a fucking lot Boise and Stanford. Now you assholes have just guaranteed us a rematch of LSU-Alabama. It doesn't matter what the hell Oklahoma State does, they don't play in the SEC, so they'll eventually get jumped by Alabama before the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Oregon I can agree with to a point, Stanford nope. SOS for Stanford is really bad. OU has a TOP 10 SOS, so I can understand why they would end up 4th. Also, and it is not something people like, the earlier you lose the better.
    Wrong.

Oregon 4th, Stanford 7th, OU 12th.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...hedule-by-team

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wrong.

That's just all conjecture though. Strength of schedule is REALLY dumb in college football because there's no true way to know whether or not a team is actually as strong as they indicate. Strength of schedule indicated that Oklahoma should have wiped the floor with WVU in the Orange Bowl in 2008, but they didn't. Strength of schedule is just more elitist nonsense by SEC and Big 12 schools and Pac 12 schools always get lumped up there because everyone thinks they're good, even when they aren't.

Strength of schedule is only halfway good for NFL football, because of the parity that the NFL has that no other sport has (and, even then, you have weird stuff like Buffalo, Cincinnati, and San Francisco beating teams that they shouldn't because they play more like a team than other teams do) and, even then, it's thrown out the window most times (aka "any given Sunday").

Understood, mors. I was simply replying to the assertion that OU had a "top 10" SOS (they don't) and that their SOS is superior to that of Stanford and Oregon (it isn't).

For me, I can simply put OU last among those 3 because Oregon's loss came to LSU, Stanford lost to Oregon, and OU lost to lowly TTU.

If OU wins out (and handles Ok St), I may change my tune, but not at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I think the Tom O'Brien era may be coming to a close at NC State. He shouldn't have left BC IMHO.
    Same here they have some good players but they cant get anything done under O'Brien.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Understood, mors. I was simply replying to the assertion that OU had a "top 10" SOS (they don't) and that their SOS is superior to that of Stanford and Oregon (it isn't).

For me, I can simply put OU last among those 3 because Oregon's loss came to LSU, Stanford lost to Oregon, and OU lost to lowly TTU.

If OU wins out (and handles Ok St), I may change my tune, but not at this point.

Gotcha.

Any way Ole Miss can fire Houston Nutt twice in the same year?

Wrong.

No I was correct. Go to the little date thing, change it to 11/12 or look at last.

OU was #9
    Oregon was #19
    Stanford was #26

I am many things, psychic is not one of them.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 11-13-2011 at 03:18 PM.

No I was correct. Go to the little date thing, change it to 11/12 or look at last.

OU was #9
    Oregon was #19
    Stanford was #26

I am many things, psychic is not one of them.
    Meh. "Was" is the operative word.

Regardless, for me, if you lose to Texas Tech, you don't deserve to be in any top 5 discussion.

Meh. "Was" is the operative word.

Regardless, for me, if you lose to Texas Tech, you don't deserve to be in any top 5 discussion.
    Well thankfully you are neither a computer or a pollster who has any impact on my beloved Sooners.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Any way Ole Miss can fire Houston Nutt twice in the same year?

Well thankfully you are neither a computer or a pollster who has any impact on my beloved Sooners.
    You're right. If I were, I wouldn't let the fact that they were so highly rated in the preseason keep me from dropping them for losing to such a shitty opponent. You definitely have the system working for you.