Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    how old is your kid? Violence is alla round on any tv show or real life experience. I dont believe wrestling will change him.

True or False?
    A child who watches wrestling will be completely influenced by the violence and language of a wrestling promotion.

The new PG rating will subdue this.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    Bingo. There is no way I would allow my son to watch if this was the 90s version of Raw. TBH...I hated the WWE when they went through that stage. Personally, I'm glad they've reverted back.
    Last edited by Nothingface; 07-03-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    how old is your kid? Violence is alla round on any tv show or real life experience. I dont believe wrestling will change him.

True or False?
    A child who watches wrestling will be completely influenced by the violence and language of a wrestling promotion.

The new PG rating will subdue this.
    It wasn't the violence that I don't like. It was how they presented their female wrestlers that turned me off the most.

Bingo. There is no way I would allow my son to watch if this was the 90s version of Raw. TBH...I hated the WWE when they went through that stage. Personally, I'm glad they've reverted back.
    If the writers didn't suck PG wrestling would be okay. Once they went away from wrestling writers to entertainment writers...it went downhill. In the days of the Attitude Era, Raw was getting ratings in the 7's, and now a days, it's half that barely.

Too many PPV's also killed it for me. I remember back when there was 4 ppv's a year and they were really special to the viewer. Now it's every month, complete kill. Doesn't help when Raw has these 3 minute matches.

I guess love can conquer all, including being in a vegetative state.

Man I wish I coulda been there when Undertaker made the swerve and tombstoned the priest.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I guess love can conquer all, including being in a vegetative state.
    The Undertaker and Michelle McCool just doesn't compute in my head. Fully realizing that they are not their characters, but still!

Plus, she's annoying as hell. (So yeah, a little bit of bias against her character there for me)
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I guess I didn't know Mark and Sara had divorced. She is pretty hot in her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The Undertaker and Michelle McCool just doesn't compute in my head. Fully realizing that they are not their characters, but still!

Plus, she's annoying as hell. (So yeah, a little bit of bias against her character there for me)
    I guess I didn't know Mark and Sara had divorced. She is pretty hot in her own right.
    Taker's been with Michelle since 2007 IIRC. Not too long after he and Sara divorced.

That Sara chick wasn't very attractive. I hope they didn't have kids.

I used to watch WWF/E religiously in the late 90s early 00s (Attitude Era). I occasionally watch now but its just not the same. The writing/stories are awful and the matches seem to have fallen off as well.

Scott Hall is in a hospital with double pneumonia. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    Scott Hall is in a hospital with double pneumonia. Yikes!
    Too many double shots of vodka

The man has not aged well. TNA match some years ago he wore an elvis suit in a rasslin match. Hiding much Hall.

Someone posted this on Twitter

Chris Jericho expected to take time off,

Quote:
    The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE star Chris Jericho is expected to take some time off from the company when his contract expires this fall. WrestleZone was the first to exclusively report awhile back that there was heat on Jericho for accepting the host position on ABC's game show "Downfall," and it appears that both the game show tapings and upcoming Fozzy dates might see Jericho taking time off from WWE. There is speculation that he might finish up with the company altogether, but that has not been confirmed at this point.

Wrestlezone.com

By the time is all said and done, Jericho might break Flair & Hogan's records for most times retiring.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I wouldn't actually call it retiring LOL it sure doesn't sound like it. Wrestlers take time off all the time. Has Jericho even said he's retired ever?

Didn't know that, either. And ditto on the hotness. Sara was smokin'.

Guess that "Sara" tattoo on 'Taker's neck, back during the "American Badass" days was a little ill advised ... if you wanna give a relationship the kiss of death, put your significant other's name on your person in ink.

Spike TV issued a press release this morning announcing the full line-up for TNA's special edition of Impact on August 12, headlined by TNA World Hvt. champion Rob Van Dam vs. Abyss.

Spike and TNA are presenting the line-up as the matches that would have aired on the August 8 Hard Justice PPV before TNA changed the event to the ECW-themed Hardcore Justice PPV.

Spike's big theme for the event reads like a UFC/sporting event to sell the idea of the show being strictly matches. "Network to televise TNA Wrestling's action-packed fight card originally slated for pay-per-view," reads the headline.

"The special August 12 edition of TNA Impact will be two hours of nonstop wrestling, featuring only matches originally slated for pay-per-view," said Spike, adding that "pop culture icon" Hulk Hogan will be overseeing the event.

TNA president Dixie Carter said in the release: "The change to 'Hardcore Justice' provided TNA with the opportunity to take the original August pay-per-view card and move it to Spike TV. This will allow TNA fans a pay-per-view type experience on TNA Impact. If you’ve never seen a TNA pay-per-view event before, this is your chance to see what you've been missing."