Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    For those wondering (from Rajah)

As seen tonight on Monday Night Raw, three unidentified individuals laid out the Hart Dynasty. The men in question are Jimmy and Jules Uso, twin sons of former WWE performer Rikishi. They currently hold the Tag Team Championship in WWE's developmental league, Florida Championship Wrestling. The woman who attacked Natalya is Sarona Snuka, known as Tamina in FCW. She is the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Snuka.
    I didn't know Rikishi's sons were going to be called up...I knew Sarona was going to be around eventually. Great segment to just throw a mystery team out there to attack the Hart Dynasty....you mean they're actually going to have a tag team division once again?????

This is probably the best thing going on in the WWE now, talking about the feud with Brian Danielson and Michael Cole.

I like the mask CM Punk is wearing now. Pretty cool.

Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Actually the best guest hosts were former wrestlers IMO.
    Those were good on the one hand, but having the NASCAR guys was cool because of Randy's car. That's the only reason I liked that one.
    the feud with Brian Danielson and Michael Cole
    A feud between AmDrag and Cole? Are you f-in kidding me?

Ugh ... WWE is complete crap now.

( Though Cole did sell it really well. )
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Former WWE wrestler Hulk Hogan is taking his fight to a different kind of venue.

Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, is suing the maker of Cocoa Pebbles claiming that commercials for the cereal appropriate his image without permission, reported Tampa Bay Online . In the "Cocoa Smashdown" commerical a cartoon character that looks like Hogan takes on Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble in a wrestling match.

Luckily for Fred and Barney, in the end Barney's son Bamm-Bamm steps in and swiftly pounds Hogan-look-alike to bits.

Hogan claims to have used the name "Hulk Boulder" early in his career before promoter Vince McMahon picked the more Irish sounding Hogan.

TBO reported that the federal lawsuit states Post Foods never sought or received Hogan's permission. It claims he raised his objections in August but the ads did stop.

Hogan told TBO that he is marketing his own products including a Hogan energy drink and microwavable hamburgers and chicken sandwiches produced under the name of "Hulkster Burgers."

He states in the lawsuit that he was harmed by he "degrading depictions" in the ads.

According to Yahoo! TV , Hogan's Wikipedia page reveals the name "Terry Boulder" but not "Hulk Boulder."

Answers.com states that the wrestler started out with the name Terry "the Hulk" Bollea before dropping his last name.

However, The Internet Movie Database or IMDb said that he did wrestle as Terry "the Hulk" Boulder early in his career.

Hogan recently had a health scare when a back doctor sent him for tests and doctors found a problem with the EKG. He was sent to a cardiovascular medical center in Florida for more testing but physicians found there were no problems with his heart, according to TMZ.com .

He will soon undergo back surgery.

Link to the story.
    Last edited by NatureBoy; 05-29-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Let's bump this baby up. Thoughts on the whole NXT/Nexus thing?

TNA is where its at when you see a good AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels match.

I haven't watched much wrestling since the NBA Playoffs and Finals were on. Seemed like there was a game on every Monday and Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    TNA is where its at when you see a good AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels match.
    Ugh this makes me miss the early days of RoH.

Let's bump this baby up. Thoughts on the whole NXT/Nexus thing?
    Since it's summer, my son is out playing most of the time so we don't catch a lot of wrestling during this time. But of the bits and pieces we have seen, I think it's retarded. I never understood the 'dumbing down' of your best wrestlers. The NXT group is a bunch of rookies, who should have no business staying in the ring with the current stars. But here they are, kicking ass with no one stopping them. Granted, I missed where the locker room came out, but my point remains. Send out Orton, Wight and Cena and they should mop the arena with them.

The nWo is still the only faction, I think, to get beat downs of top stars right. Every other assault on a top star just seems stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The nWo is still the only faction, I think, to get beat downs of top stars right. Every other assault on a top star just seems stupid.
    I'd agree with that. But then again, you had 'mega' stars coming in to do the beatdowns. So much was done right with the nWo....still hard to imagine how WCW wound up screwing it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I loved the nWo. I even liked it when they added the Red and Black nWo. They were one of the best things to happen to wrestling factions in the 90s next to DX.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    I'd agree with that. But then again, you had 'mega' stars coming in to do the beatdowns. So much was done right with the nWo....still hard to imagine how WCW wound up screwing it all up.
    They screwed it all up because the over saturated it all to hell.

Man, I haven't watched wrestling in forever. It used to be the thing to do on Monday night back in college. We'd watch WCW for an hour then switch over to Raw. That was back in the Stone Cold/Rock/DX era. That was also when Goldberg would come into the ring and kill people in a minute. The night he beat Hogan for the belt, I remember the dorm going BANANAS! It was awesome! Man, I miss those days.

To add to that, we used to play the sh*t outta WCW vs. NWO: World Tour/Wrestlemania 2000/WWF No Mercy back then. Those games were more popular in my dorm then Goldeneye, Mario Kart, or any Madden game. Tag Team Ladder Matches in WWF No Mercy were EPIC!

Yeah we played the shit out of WM2000 in the dorms when we didn't want to play Goldeneye.

If WWE got rid of PG I might watch again. Stopping matches cuz of blood..................cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    If WWE got rid of PG I might watch again. Stopping matches cuz of blood..................cool.
    Yeah PG is very ridiculous, but parents with kids spend a lot of money so Vince will keep it PG for quite a while probably.

Yeah PG is very ridiculous, but parents with kids spend a lot of money so Vince will keep it PG for quite a while probably.
    Bingo. There is no way I would allow my son to watch if this was the 90s version of Raw. TBH...I hated the WWE when they went through that stage. Personally, I'm glad they've reverted back.