Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm due for my yearly GTA single player storyline restart. I bought GTA for 360 on release. Bought it for Xbox One on release. Both times lived and slept nothing but the single player campaign and finished it in exactly one week each time.

Not sure if I want to try and start it tonight or this week as my time is sort of limited the rest of the week. May be better to wait until the weekend or next Monday to give it a whirl again.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 09-13-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm due for my yearly GTA single player storyline restart. I bought GTA for 360 on release. Bought it for Xbox One on release. Both times lived and slept nothing but the single player campaign and finished it in exactly two weeks each time.

Not sure if I want to try and start it tonight or this week as my time is sort of limited the rest of the week. May be better to wait until the weekend or next Monday to give it a whirl again.

I have wanted to get back into GTA V but honestly after finishng the game I just have not been compelled to play it again. The main story was a lot of fun but the side missions are not all that immersive.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I have wanted to get back into GTA V but honestly after finishng the game I just have not been compelled to play it again. The main story was a lot of fun but the side missions are not all that immersive.
    Yeah, side missions have always been a major struggle to finish for me. I decided to bite the bullet and fire up a new campaign in GTA V tonight. Looking at my previous play through when I got GTA V on release day for the One, I was only 65% done with the game in terms of achieving 100% in single player. I had the main missions entirely done, but had barely at all touched the side missions.

Still, the campaign is fun enough that going through once a year is still enjoyable. I really enjoyed V's storyline and had a blast playing it on both 360 and One, so I've sort of turned it into a yearly tradition to go through the campaign once a year between September and November. I want to try to focus more on the side missions this time and maybe actually have a shot at getting 100% on the singleplayer side, but I don't know if I'll be able to stick with it that long.

With Madden arriving in the mail this weekend, FIFA 16 coming out in two weeks, NBA Live and NBA 2K16 coming out at the end of the month, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, WWE 2K16 and Halo 5: Guardians in October, Black Ops III, Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront in November, and Rainbow Six: Siege and Just Cause 3 releasing on December 1st, along with the possibility of Homefront: The Revolution if it makes it on shelves this year, I am going to be swamped with games to play through the rest of the year and well into early 2016. I'm gonna end up like JB, with a stack of unopened games just sitting there next to my console waiting for me to have time to play them.

Ended up wrapping up another play through of the story yesterday morning. Both previous times took a full week, got it done in 4 1/2 days this time around, thanks to being able to just blow through missions due to having done them at least two times before.

This definitely won't be the last time I play the story. GTA V's story is just plain fun. Of course a couple bullshit missions mixed in, but overall, nearly all of the missions are largely fun.

Next time however, I think I'll leave my current boatloads of money save and next time go through it doing the opposite heist methods to experience them and not care about overall money or investing.

This play through, I followed the heists trying to get the utmost maximum amount of money, along with investing after select missions to increase my final money totals after the final missions. Had over $40 million for all three characters, after doing some select investments and the assassination missions, all three characters have over $3 billion. The most you can hold at one time is $2.14 billion before the game code face plants on itself, so all three characters have $2 billion on hand right now, with anohter $1 billion+ sitting in Ammunition stocks literally just sitting there waiting for me to cash in.

Oh, and I still have the final assassination mission to do, which would probably pull me in another $3-6 billion if I invest every dollar I have. In other words, I have more money than I can ever spend. I already took Franklin, bought every clothing item, every car and bike upgrade, every weapon and weapon upgrade, bought an aircraft hanger, heli pad and boat slip and bought every single aircraft, boat and helicopter available, along with a tank and a couple million dollar cars. Despite all that, probably only spent $100 million at most. Still sitting over $2 billion cash on hand. It is going to be impossible for me to spend $3+ billion. There is nothing expensive enough in this game can put a dent in that amount of money.

So next play through, definitely going to choose the "unplayed" options for heists and see what they're like and not care that I'll end up making close to $20 million less by the end of the game.

Oh, and now I have to add GTA IV to my list. Playing through V, the couple missions with Trevor, the news stories on the internet, etc, involving the Lost Motorcycle Club, reminded me of The Lost and Damned DLC for GTA IV. While Ballad of *** Tony was fun, I enjoyed TLAD so much more between the unraveling story of conflict and betrayal, the war with the Angels of Death, and being able to roar around the game riding a Hexer motorcycle. So starting up a new play through of The Lost and Damned on GTA IV is a MUST. It was a very nice nostalgia trip with all the Lost MC stuff in GTA V and remembering how much fun that DLC was.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh, and now I have to add GTA IV to my list. Playing through V, the couple missions with Trevor, the news stories on the internet, etc, involving the Lost Motorcycle Club, reminded me of The Lost and Damned DLC for GTA IV. While Ballad of *** Tony was fun, I enjoyed TLAD so much more between the unraveling story of conflict and betrayal, the war with the Angels of Death, and being able to roar around the game riding a Hexer motorcycle. So starting up a new play through of The Lost and Damned on GTA IV is a MUST. It was a very nice nostalgia trip with all the Lost MC stuff in GTA V and remembering how much fun that DLC was.
    I assume GTA IV will be added to the backwards capatability list pretty soon.

Smooth, did you ever find the lost alien ship out in the bottom of the ocean? I looked but never found it.

I assume GTA IV will be added to the backwards capatability list pretty soon.
    That'd be nice! Hopefully we start hearing more about games being added to the list.
    Smooth, did you ever find the lost alien ship out in the bottom of the ocean? I looked but never found it.
    No, I've never found it. I'll have to go back in my current play through save and start working on the extra stuff. Mostly I've just completed the main story and the assassination missions. But, I was never able to find that ship in the past.

The new game mode they're adding to Online sounds fun.
    The dude abides.

(Pay attention to the name of the guy flying the third plane)

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I saw that pop up on another site back on Thursday, I was laughing my ass off reading through all his tweets as he gave the story. Absolutely hilarious.

If I can ever build up enough money in the game to just nonchalantly piss away $1 million on a random ass car and still have plenty of millions left over for other purchases (I burn through money like a motherfucker in GTA Online), I may do the same whenever I end up in a lobby of douchebags, just spend an hour or two fucking with them for my own amusement.

Well, it's September again, and that means another run through the GTA story. This is at least my 8th time playing the single player campaign. I played it when it first released in 2013 back on the 360, I played it November 2014 when it first released on Xbox One, I played it when I first bought it on the PS4 sometime in 2016, I have played it every single September since 2013 in what has become a yearly custom, and because I got the itch, I apparently played it around the beginning of February this year according to my manual saves.

So I have played the campaign in GTA V at least 8 times, maybe more if I'm forgetting any, since September 2013. The single player in this game is just so damn fun. I'm about halfway through this current playthrough that I started during the past weekend. Just one or two missions away from beginning the set up for the Paleto Score.

Unfortunately I will have to start over on GTA Online. Since my character was on 360 (and I had brought him forward from 360 to Xbox One), it was A: Impossible to transfer him over from 360 to PS4, nor Xbox One to PS4, and B: I apparently missed the window to transfer a past character anyways, so it was all moot to begin with.

So unfortunately I'll have to start the long slog as a beginning player in GTA V instead of instantly jumping into my level 110 character with a couple million in the bank.

Another successful playthrough of the story finished. I will never get tired of GTA V's single player story.

Finished the Big One last night after work, and instead of immediately jumping into the Third Way like I've always done, I created a couple extra saves and played through all three end missions separately, since I had never actually chosen the kill Michael and kill Trevor missions before.

Even though this game is years old, I'll still throw the rest into spoilers since I give a lot of details.

Spoiler: show
    Trevor's, eh, it didn't really faze me much, it felt more like I was trying to put down a wild animal, through the way Trevor dies was a surprise. You also get some extra money as Lester splits up Trevor's cut of the Big One between Michael and Franklin, so you end up getting over $60 million as your pay from the mission.

Michael's was sort of depressing, between the dialogue between Michael and Franklin, as well as the phone call Michael gets at the beginning about Tracy getting into college and him celebrating about it right before you have to kill him. Sort of that last second twist of the knife that you're about to shatter his family.

Then the responses afterwards. Trevor essentially tells you to fuck off and die and his phone ends up, best I can tell, eternally busy afterwards, while Jimmy calls a couple times about Michael missing then ripping you a new one about killing his dad. Add in an email from Amanda ripping you one as well.

You also don't get any money as Lester gives Michael's cut to his family, saying it "seemed like the right thing to do."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GTA V has reached 90 million copies sold.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    GTA V has reached 90 million copies sold.

There are no words. That is beyond ridiculous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it! And here I was thinking when it was released on PS4/XB1 it would drop in price relatively quick to pick it up since I thought most people who wanted it had already bought it. Wrong!

I played some GTA Online (PS3) and thought it was cool, but didn't get that into it. However, it seems we're never going to get extra story content like I thought they said we would.