Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

• Facebook
  • Display
    Looks like the recession will play a part of the game as well....could be set in 2008, as they think one of the tall buildings in the process of being built could be the new Ritz Carlton.

Trailer is finally up on YouTube:

Rockstar and Naughty Dog make possibly the best trailers out of all games IMO. I wasn't hooked on GTA IV... just didn't grab me like previous games (maybe because the concept is going stale), but I'll definitely keep track of V and likely purchase around launch.

I'm looking forward to this. Unlike the general consensus, I enjoy(ed) IV. That's likely because I never owned any of the prior versions and had barely any of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Putting the FU in fumigate

Chief Magazine covering Grand Theft Auto V next week with screenshots and details

translated

Cover statements:
    "The mystery solved"
    "The first pictures"
    "Los Santos already mapped"
    "Who will be the new Niko Bellic?"

Apparantly R* likes to but GTA code in other game titles. Someone cracked the code in Max Payne 3 to get a possible weapon and vehicle list for GTA V.

http://gamerprompt.com/569/gta-v-fil...om-max-payne-3

That trailer is SICK.

During this afternoon's investor call, CEO Strauss Zelnick reiterated a point from earlier in the call that there are "titles yet to be announced for fiscal 2013." This is significant because the company expects revenues of $1.75 - $1.85 billion for the fiscal year ending next March. Look back at that blockbuster Red Dead Redemption year, and note that revenues reached $1.14 billion. So, what's the deal? [Overall, the publisher had a net loss of $108.8 million for the year, compared to the $48 million profit in the previous year.]

Officially, at this time, Take-Two plans to launch Borderlands 2 in September, NBA 2K13 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown in October and, finally, BioShock: Infinite in February. Although any one of those could be a runaway hit, there's still $600-$700 million missing over that impressive Red Dead year to hit the projection. Either Grand Theft Auto 5 is secretly on the docket for this year or Take-Two is expecting blockbusters from more than one of the announced games.

Courtesy: Joystiq

Grand Theft Auto 5 marketing kicks off with viral 'Epsilon Program' site

A Twitter account for something called the "Epsilon Program" has materialized in the past few days, linking off to a freaky (and annoying) website for a pseudo-religion called "KIFFLOM", registered by Take Two Software.

The site features a thinly-veiled parody of the real-life Scientology organization and includes such hilarious "facts" as: "If you have a birth mark, you may be descended from Kraff, the famous Emperor of the 4th Paradigm." Considering that the next iteration of GTA is set in a faux Los Angeles and that the Epsilon Program was featured in a gags found within GTA: San Andreas, odds are good that we're looking at an early viral campaign for Grand Theft Auto 5. Good timing, since only yesterday investors were asking why the hype train for GTA 5 had not yet left the station.

What does it tell us about the game? Nothing at all. But investors were wondering where the marketing was, and Take Two appears to have answered right away.

The website is awesome

http://www.epsilonprogram.com/

Definitely GTA V viral marketing. Read the testimonials. San Andreas, San Fierro, Liberty City, etc. Definitely glad something is starting to come out since this is supposed to be coming out this year.

I'm going to replay IV sometime just to see if I was over critical on it. To me, it was boring. But as we advance deeper into this generation of consoles, I have a feeling V will knock it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Definitely GTA V viral marketing. Read the testimonials. San Andreas, San Fierro, Liberty City, etc. Definitely glad something is starting to come out since this is supposed to be coming out this year.
    Don't expect it before March.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Don't expect it before March.
    Those bastards, they pushed the date back?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Those bastards, they pushed the date back?
    I don't believe there ever was an official date... still isn't. Just lots of wild speculation and I doubt they would release a game in 2-3 months with only a single teaster trailer so far.

Yeah never was an official date.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I don't believe there ever was an official date... still isn't. Just lots of wild speculation and I doubt they would release a game in 2-3 months with only a single teaster trailer so far.
    Yeah this thing will be all over the place when they starting hyping it up.