Page 53 of 148 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2951

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yeah, I kinda had a feeling it got lost in the shuffle. That's what happens when I'm posting at 11 pm.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yeah, I kinda had a feeling it got lost in the shuffle. That's what happens when I'm posting at 11 pm.
    So what teams are you looking at? I think you mentioned OK State before, they still on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So what teams are you looking at? I think you mentioned OK State before, they still on your list?
    uva and gt are his top 2 i hear.

Nah, never the Pokes. A&M, A&M, A&M. Kyle Field, Yell Practice, oh, and an annual rivalry game with Papa.

Wow, so you'd leave your beloved Buckeye's behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    He knows that he'll have Wisconsin on the schedule next season and is afraid.... AFRAAAAAIIIIDDDD!

Yeah, I can't really believe I'm saying it either. Though it's worth mentioning that this is the first dynasty I've done with Ohio State since I was a sophomore in Columbus in 2004. I don't generally enjoy Ohio State dynasties. But, it really comes down to the fact that there are just enough things that are frustrating about being a Teambuilder team (i.e. not having a Top 25 stadium, not being able to use the Vs Rivals promise, not having rivalry games) that make it not nearly as fun as playing with a standard team. I had some roster issues that hurt me, but those are relatively trivial. Having a 5-star team and knowing I have basically no chance of moving up or down is also starting to frustrate me (though I agree if anyone thinks that's not very logical to be frustrated about).

It also dawned on me earlier today that I'm getting to the years (when you look at where our dynasty is plus my "1995" start point) of Buckeyes teams that I legitimately wasn't a fan of. The Bellisari years (which I'm one year out from on my roster) were some of the most frustrating years of being a Buckeye fan. My goal had been to avoid those years altogether by having a much, much better quarterback. Right now those prospects are looking thin. But I can deal with that, and I'm willing to. I'm not planning to just up and quit my Buckeyes ... in part because I don't want to leave them in a position where Bellisari is their only hope. Ew, ew, ew.

Sometime when we were talking about teams a few weeks ago, I got the idea stuck in my head about switching to A&M. I don't know how it started, I don't know where it came from ... but it was there. And it's stuck ever since. I've always been a big fan of the A&M-Texas rivalry, and I've followed both teams. So I guess it's not really surprising that A&M would appeal to me. Add in the fact that A&M in the game is a relative rebuilding effort ... and I think that's what really appeals to me. Start with, effectively, a blank slate on a 4-star team who was barely above .500 this year, with the added difficulty of trying to out-recruit Texas. I think going against Texas in recruiting is part of the appeal, actually. The challenge sounds fun.

I initially approached ID to see if he'd want to take over my Buckeyes, but he's having fun with Oklahoma. And, honestly, I wouldn't really want to pass on the Teambuilder frustrations to someone else. I then approached Eric with the idea of him switching to Sparty (to get a yearly rivalry game with Snoop) and me going to A&M. He was willing to consider it, but the timing wasn't right. Makes sense too, since all of us are just starting to get to the point where our recruits are in major starting positions. Since nobody said anything about being interested to move to the ACC, I thought I'd float the question out there about the 5th Pac-10 team, and see if any of the Pac-10 users were against it.

I've spent a considerable amount of time talking with Snoop about it, and there are a lot of reasons the idea appeals to me. If push came to shove, I'm legitimately not sure I would want to pull the trigger, so this is a weather balloon, so to speak, that I'm just putting out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    He knows that he'll have Wisconsin on the schedule next season and is afraid.... AFRAAAAAIIIIDDDD!
    I think this is in the back of my head (though not a significant player in this) that last year I spent the latter half of the release year playing with Florida, with you and Oneback in my division, and an annual rivalry game with Snoop. I love playing against you guys, but when I think about a "change of scenery", that might be a factor too.

I'm cool with Jeff switching

Jeff I am cool with you switching if you wish. Just had to give you a hard time. I understand though, its hard for me to play with Texas in NCAA as I will not be satisfied unless I win every game, part of the reason why Papa ended up with them. The team I had the most fun playing with was Nebraska a few years ago but that was back when you could still truely run an I-Option offense and I rebuilt them into a dominate option team.

Just had to give you a hard time.
    I honestly didn't even think of it as a hard time. It's a valid question, especially after all the work I spent with the 1995 team. It's been a blast playing with the players and naming the recruits into real Buckeye players, but the actual team isn't fun. It's a strange line to draw in the sand, but that's the best way I can think of to describe it.

I'm going to go through at least one more year with my Buckeyes, then see how I feel at the end of the season.

I think you almost have to do it now with that 8 page post about why you would do it.

lol

I think you almost have to do it now with that 8 page post about why you would do it.
    Lol. Fair point.

But, at the same time, it's very tough to leave my Buckeyes

At the very least, I want to leave them in a good spot, recruiting wise.

If anybody wants some entertainment when they're bored, read back through pages ... like 6-10, of this thread. The amount of times that Oneback and G change the teams they're picking is hilarious.

It's especially funny for me, because I didn't see it the first time around. When you see me randomly post in the thread is practically the only time I was reading the thread from release date until my rosters were finished. I was working on those 24x7 when I was home.

lol if people do that i need to post more random stuff.

ill start now.

nm lol, to real for tv!
    Last edited by fsuprime; 11-20-2010 at 07:47 AM.

FSU losses this game to Maryland and Prime might belly up on 4 Loko

On a random note, I just had Chipotle for the first time, and it is pretty much one of the best burritos I've tasted.

FSU losses this game to Maryland and Prime might belly up on 4 Loko
    acc refs tried their hardest, this is the most pussified league in college football

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    On a random note, I just had Chipotle for the first time, and it is pretty much one of the best burritos I've tasted.
    Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They're decent, but far from the best.

i dunno if they r the best but they are much better than the dog poo Moe's serves