Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    After looking into it further I think I am going to go with Oregon State.
    Well it looks like the Civil War is gonna be intense now.

nice to see the dynasty taking off for 11... of course i will have to roll with my Ducks... although i really would like to take Auburn maybe... could be one of those... "let me see" deals... but anyways... i am around and will be ready, just really busy... new marketing job... new house purchase... but i will always make time for NCAA... =)

"E"

I think I have finally made up my mind. I am leaning heavily towards Iowa as they fit what I think I want to do on offense the best out of whats left.

Yeah I changed my mind, I think I'm gonna run with Arizona, so E can get his Ducks.

im here, hoping to run with fsu as long as no one has a problem with it! will be back in the states on the 12th and ready to help test sliders if anyone needs me, i wont have work or school all month.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    im here, hoping to run with fsu as long as no one has a problem with it! will be back in the states on the 12th and ready to help test sliders if anyone needs me, i wont have work or school all month.
    Sounds good, I've got the week of the 12 off from work so I will be looking for some games.

I know I have gone back and forth on this a few times now...but after spending some time last night working on the zone read I think I am comfortable with it and the fact this is the offense I really want to run I think I am switching teams for the final time...it will be a team that I will have to build.

With that said I am looking forward to running rough-shot over Big 10 defenses with this man:

I can't believe no one's taken Stanford yet.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I can't believe no one's taken Stanford yet.
    Stanford worries a little, they were one of the first teams I looked at but I don't see a lot of staying power. I know the same can be said for Minnesota but they've got some nice pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Stanford worries a little, they were one of the first teams I looked at but I don't see a lot of staying power. I know the same can be said for Minnesota but they've got some nice pieces.
    Thats what I was thinking. Plus I think it'll be hard to get recruits up there. I think you would get one good season with Jake, but after that it may take a few years to get back on that level.

I was gonna run with Stanford's O and UW's D last year with my create a team, they should be fun with andrew luck...I also think if you can get Stanford to 4*s after the first season then they would recruit quite well on the west coast.

I was gonna run with Stanford's O and UW's D last year with my create a team, they should be fun with andrew luck...I also think if you can get Stanford to 4*s after the first season then they would recruit quite well on the west coast.
    Yeah but I think it would take a NC appearance or at least a BCS game to get up to 4*.

they were 3* last year, to get to 4* u just need like 8 or 9 wins i am pretty sure, maybe a bowl win.

they were 3* last year, to get to 4* u just need like 8 or 9 wins i am pretty sure, maybe a bowl win.
    Oh, well then nevermind lol

FSU, I think it is 8-9 plus a bowl win and that would put you at that 4th star.

I rolled with Washington in a different dynasty last year and I gotta admit they are really good. I enjoyed Locker at QB and their defense was actually impressive. I liked the big boys on the D-line.

Finally making considerable progress with my 1995 Ohio State Buckeyes. I've updated the thread where I discussed how I arrived at the ratings I did. The ratings start here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post10415

seems fine to me, im more curious as to how you will fill out the depth chart with having to take into account EAs new progression model which we dont know much about yet.

btw nice thread on progression at os http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-thread.html
    one of the few times i go to that site is during this time and sometimes u can find a gem like this

progression looks very nice, if a little to much to the downside which is fine with me.
    Last edited by fsuprime; 07-11-2010 at 05:39 AM.

also i suppose we will have time to look them over, but we will at least have time to look over 2 sets of ps3 named rosters by the time august 1st rolls round, which will be a nice luxury.

seems fine to me, im more curious as to how you will fill out the depth chart with having to take into account EAs new progression model which we dont know much about yet.
    The vast majority of the players are using existing players' OVR ratings, so they should progress similarly, if in fact any differently, to any of the teams that come with the game. That's the reason for using the "Expected Performance" metric for OVR. For many of the younger players, which I presume are the ones you're mainly wondering about, I either used a future point (like a Preseason All-American the next year) and subtracted the current average progression (-4 OVR for each year in NCAA 10), or I used their Phil Steele # recruiting ranking, which I amazingly had available for 90% of the players I was creating.

Suffice to say, I'm confident that they won't progress any better or worse than an out-of-the-box team.

Based on a quick view of that thread you linked, it doesn't sound like progression is significantly different than it was post-patch last year. The big problem for progression last year was the recruits. The base-roster players progressed about as you'd expect.

ah nice, i guess i did not read over your thread carefully enough, i was mainly interested in the example players you listed to see a possible future opponents players lol, like snoop said once im home i will definitely like to take a closer look and maybe create a 90s fsu team.