Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 2951

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Good point.

I needed all the help I could get so I probably wasn't redshirting anyone anyway lol...except my Center

Shame though even with a restart, the Play Style, etc will still be an issue right?
    Only if we use TeamBuilder teams. If we use low-level schools (ODU, FAU, etc.) then their play-style would update according to how your team performs.

Ah gotcha.

So it would essentially be like your Sun-Belt Dynasty you ran before

Keep forgetting we used Teambuilder teams since everything looks like the actual teams

Definitely more open to it since the Teambuilder method wouldn't be used.

Assuming we restart, I think we should either use the Operation Sports community sliders (which, if memory serves, required some edits to coach philosophy) or use these sliders from MrHurricane:
    I know they may seem easier than our current sliders, but he uses them for his NCAA YouTube videos (which I've watched and seen him lose appropriately) and ny_kia also uses them for his offline dynasty and OD (KIA is currently 1-2 with Kent State)
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

But can we tackle!

If we're starting completely from scratch, I'd just rather put myself on auto with our current season until those who want to finish are done and we start over.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If we're starting completely from scratch, I'd just rather put myself on auto with our current season until those who want to finish are done and we start over.
    Good point really

I'm good with restarting.

Just to be clear, we are finishing this season then restarting or finishing this season and playing next season then restarting?

Last I heard the plan was to play through next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Last I heard the plan was to play through next season.
    Why if we're just going to start from scratch? I say let's just blow this up and start over ASAP.
    The dude abides.

Thought I'd be tied to my players that I recruited and redshirted last season, but I'm not. Just wanted to see John Davis and Corey Mitchell off.

Why if we're just going to start from scratch? I say let's just blow this up and start over ASAP.
    There's been suggestions both for starting from scratch and for taking players from our teams. Some of us (myself included) are interested in playing with this year's recruits that have yet to see the field.

Agreed.

In the event that G agrees with blowing it up, I ask that he transfers commish to me so I can at least play one game of next season.

I guess now is as any good time to announce... I've decided to retire from the OD. I'll help finish off this season but afterwards I will be stepping down.

It's been fun but at the same time, I've been playing in leagues for 11 years now and my heart just isn't in it as much as it used to be. It's become a grind between bugs and gameplay bullshit, I've just had enough that I can't see myself dedicating time to it anymore. And no, this isn't related to my loss to Skip in Week 14, though that was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. After I got back from a week from vacation, not missing the game for a minute of it, I decided to move on.

I'll obviously still be around the boards and will help in whatever way I can to get the next OD off the ground, but aside from that, I won't be involved. For now, I don't plan to participate in any leagues other than maybe a PGA Tour league if one develops.

Good luck gentleman.

Damn

Regarding the NCAA related issues. Can definitely understand man.

Sucks to see you leave but figured it could likely happen. Know it isn't solely due to our game but it's been mounting...hell even for me, I just was going to hold on for as long as you ran the OD

Still will if Jeff picks up commish duties for it.

it's tough coming back to this game, then Madden though every other day

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    In the event that G agrees with blowing it up, I ask that he transfers commish to me so I can at least play one game of next season.
    I would also like to play at least one game of next season. I finally will have this UAB team setup. Maybe we can play 2. One game against the CPU, then the next week a user game between us. If anyone else wants to play with their teams, just schedule all the user games at the beginning of the season.

So where do we go from here? Is powerhouse/death penalty over?

Say it isn't so... That last NCAA game, and all the guys from NCAA 2004 are dying off... I'm down to play however many of the next season.. This USC team is poop, and I think next year it will be where I want it..

I would not be opposed to keeping things as they are with Arkansas and just deal with no xp if it meant keeping things going for the ones who want to stay.