Page 138 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2951

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I felt like my OLine which blows was dominating Escobar at the point of attack as well. That shouldn't have happened when looking at the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I'm ask for changing sliders but I'd say they need to be moderate changes this year... We still need to be losing games with these teams.

That said, as Oneback and I agreed in our game, our OLs shouldn't be pushing around our DLs in either the running or passing game.
    I'll ask Papa to chime in on how he felt but I felt my DLine did a great job against his Oline last night. I felt like I got a lot of pressure and the inside run game really wasn't there. We both got a lot of yards by breaking runs to the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I'll ask Papa to chime in on how he felt but I felt my DLine did a great job against his Oline last night. I felt like I got a lot of pressure and the inside run game really wasn't there. We both got a lot of yards by breaking runs to the outside.
    Honestly, in all 3 of my user games, I've felt like I was borderline cheesing because I could run up the middle virtually at will. My power back will find a hole and by the time he's hit, he'll fall forward for 7 yards. That could be because I try to have a balanced offense (ie they can't focus on the run) or something else.

Honestly, in all 3 of my user games, I've felt like I was borderline cheesing because I could run up the middle virtually at will. My power back will find a hole and by the time he's hit, he'll fall forward for 7 yards. That could be because I try to have a balanced offense (ie they can't focus on the run) or something else.
    Yep felt like that all game

I remember one play where it had to be a 10-12 foot hole up the middle consistently for quite a few plays.

That's how my offense felt but my D felt a little better at stopping.

I was able to run until some sacks strung together....then my o-line got 2 that were cold....LT & C who are my best 2....that was nice....lol

I felt like I could run on anyone all year, and at least get 3-4 yards on each play. But I also put my two best run blockers side by side, and ran with numbers in my favor. Any attempt to run to the rest of my line, especially without numbers, was much less successful.

All in all, our teams were much more successful than I expected. Let's be honest, based on ratings alone, no one should be sniffing a bowl bid. But a large part of that is the human element.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

getting old

Oh man.....I'm glad I'm not the only person that has defenders bounce off ball carriers like that. I'm actually happy with the results of year 1 going 5-7 and beating two top 10 ranked teams during the year.

I seem to be the complete opposite of what Jeff was saying. I couldn't run the ball to save my life always getting tackled behind the LOS. However, I found it pretty easy to pass the ball even with my QB and WR's being rated so low. Every once in a while I would get risky and try to squeeze it into tight coverage, but for the most part, my WR's would be pretty much wide open. On to season 2!!!

Oh there is more on the Dynasty site

Gurley had a race with his pulling OG that somehow managed to get closer than any of my defenders did lol

Alot of work we need to do in the offseason

My LB's can't get any awards love

One is 2nd in the nation in tackles (94) and the other leads the nation in sacks somehow with 11 or 12.

Quote Originally Posted by marcotte14 View Post
    I seem to be the complete opposite of what Jeff was saying. I couldn't run the ball to save my life always getting tackled behind the LOS. However, I found it pretty easy to pass the ball even with my QB and WR's being rated so low. Every once in a while I would get risky and try to squeeze it into tight coverage, but for the most part, my WR's would be pretty much wide open. On to season 2!!!
    Scheme makes a big difference.

Thanks for doing the record book Jeff. I was going to start something like that, but you did a great job so I'll let you handle it as I hope we're going to go for a long time on this OD.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Thanks for doing the record book Jeff. I was going to start something like that, but you did a great job so I'll let you handle it as I hope we're going to go for a long time on this OD.
    Agreed

Thanks Jeff...again lol

JB delete my one post please

Not a problem. As most people here should recall, I enjoy keeping the records. CDJ's format over in the TGT OD made it very easy.

I'd appreciate it if someone would move it to the History subforum though, I think that's the proper place for it, and I intended to put it there.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Not a problem. As most people here should recall, I enjoy keeping the records. CDJ's format over in the TGT OD made it very easy.

I'd appreciate it if someone would move it to the History subforum though, I think that's the proper place for it, and I intended to put it there.
    I'll figure that out later.
    The dude abides.

Let's think of a couple minor tweaks we'd all like to see in this OD.

Maybe each person suggest 2 adjustments from current value to their new value and why. At that point then debate why we should or shouldn't make said adjustment.

This will have to be quick as we are entering offseason tonight.

I think most people would agree that we exceeded expectations this year being how bad our teams are. Having 2 teams bowl eligible and some teams with 5 wins is pretty damn good. My only adjustment would be maybe making the CPU defense better, esp pass def. Some of our states, including mine, we're off the charts for players being in the 60's. Just my 2 cents. I guess I was just expecting everyone to go 1-11, or 2-10 with any wins coming against another user. Realistically, none of us should've beaten the computer with the teams we have, let alone beating a top 5 team like a couple of us did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by marcotte14 View Post
    I think most people would agree that we exceeded expectations this year being how bad our teams are. Having 2 teams bowl eligible and some teams with 5 wins is pretty damn good. My only adjustment would be maybe making the CPU defense better, esp pass def. Some of our states, including mine, we're off the charts for players being in the 60's. Just my 2 cents. I guess I was just expecting everyone to go 1-11, or 2-10 with any wins coming against another user. Realistically, none of us should've beaten the computer with the teams we have, let alone beating a top 5 team like a couple of us did this year.
    Completely agree, even with the team I had I felt I could run and throw to get into shootouts and that just isn't what I thought it would be. I was thinking like you said 2 maybe 3 wins for all of us and we double that up for most of us.

I'd raise the CPU pass defense or lower our pass accuracy. I will share more thoughts tonight when I get home here.