Page 13 of 148 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I don't know, you haven't seen my record this year (not good) online.
    Heh. My record is 0-0, both online and against the CPU. Been so busy I haven't even gotten a full game in.
    Any thoughts on that from everyone?
    We tried this last year, didn't we? I remember it going decently well, but one of the nice things about the SEC OD last year was the full tilt of user games. We still went fairly quickly, but we weren't beating up on the CPU for 3/4 of our schedule. Instead, we had tough user games to plan for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    that way we have the national title game (possibly), Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, etc. as possible user vs user bowl matchups. Just a thought :-)
    Last year I raised the idea that, personally, I prefer bowl games to be a "reward" rather than something else I'm going to have to contest. The NC game being user vs user is always a plus, but the other bowl games I wouldn't necessarily want to see too many bowl games be USER vs USER.
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Man this is going to be one of the most heated dynasties I've ever been involved in. I'm loving the new layout of teams.
    No crap.

I would encourage Papa, Oneback, or at least somebody to give Custom Conferences a try and see what all those moves would do to the Rivalries. If we suddenly had a lot of teams with only one rival, that would have a severe impact to recruiting.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 07-20-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Wisconsin works for me.

Last defensive player ratings are going in my spreadsheet tonight. That means tomorrow evening will be putting the defense into Teambuilder. By late tomorrow / early Thursday my Buckeyes will be done.

According to my offline sim ODs that I've done in 11 and 10....teambuilder teams get the #1 rival only for the team that they replace. Swapping regular teams only change schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Last defensive player ratings are going in my spreadsheet tonight. That means tomorrow evening will be putting the defense into Teambuilder. By late tomorrow / early Thursday my Buckeyes will be done.
    And we can finally start!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    And we can finally start!
    For what it's worth, we weren't planning to start until near the end of the month anyway

For what it's worth, we weren't planning to start until near the end of the month anyway
    Yeah well....I'm just ready to get started lol

Yeah well....I'm just ready to get started lol
    Trust me, I think I'm more ready to be done with my 1995 team and ready to start the OD than any of you.

Trust me, I think I'm more ready to be done with my 1995 team and ready to start the OD than any of you.
    Shoot you've been working on them since I joined the site I think. I can't wait to see them in action too.

Shoot you've been working on them since I joined the site I think. I can't wait to see them in action too.
    I bought the 1995 Ohio State Media Guide before NCAA 07 was released. I can remember this because while I was standing in line to buy NCAA 07, Eddie George walked out with his copy. If I'd been thinking straight that night, I would have pointed out to him what I had, because I had the guide with me while in line.

In one form or another, I've been working on this roster since 2006. NCAA has gone through a lot of changes in that time, which has caused my own rosters to go through their own changes. This will be at least the second time that I was "done" with the team. But it shall be fun.

I bought the 1995 Ohio State Media Guide before NCAA 07 was released. I can remember this because while I was standing in line to buy NCAA 07, Eddie George walked out with his copy. If I'd been thinking straight that night, I would have pointed out to him what I had, because I had the guide with me while in line.

In one form or another, I've been working on this roster since 2006. NCAA has gone through a lot of changes in that time, which has caused my own rosters to go through their own changes. This will be at least the second time that I was "done" with the team. But it shall be fun.
    Damn I definitely would've tried to get him to sign it. But I bet recruiting with them would be a bit weird. "Yeah we want you take over once Eddie George leaves" lol.

Damn I definitely would've tried to get him to sign it. But I bet recruiting with them would be a bit weird. "Yeah we want you take over once Eddie George leaves" lol.
    On the one hand, I'm kinda glad I didn't. I have gotten a lot of use out of that guide, and I would hate to have to consider it a "collector's item".

Yeah, recruiting is going to be interesting. The 1995 Buckeyes had one of the top classes in the nation ... and they needed it. Their starting MLB, WR, and #2 HB in the 1997 Rose Bowl were all true Freshmen. Andy Katzenmoyer, David Boston, etc. Another two members of the 1996 recruiting class would be starters in 1997.

Based on what I'm hearing about recruiting this year, I don't have any hopes of recruiting at that level in Year 1. But if I don't, my depth is going to suffer.

This is going to be very, very interesting.

i have to say hp just blew me away with their turn around time today. sent my laptop in monday and received it this morning =o

I still need to get a game in with the Hokies. Not sure what offense I will run with them since they are completely different from ASU.

So if Jeff finishes his team before Friday, I should be done with run pass ratios in the next two days we should be able to kick this thing off possibly Friday or Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I still need to get a game in with the Hokies. Not sure what offense I will run with them since they are completely different from ASU.
    I will be on tonight.

So if Jeff finishes his team before Friday, I should be done with run pass ratios in the next two days we should be able to kick this thing off possibly Friday or Saturday.
    sweet, i cant wait, so u can edit every teams run pass ratio even if they are not user controlled?

I will be on tonight.
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    sweet, i cant wait, so u can edit every teams run pass ratio even if they are not user controlled?
    Yeah I didn't understand this part either.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah I didn't understand this part either.
    Yes, I am going through all the teams to make sure their run pass ratio is in line with what they did the previous year. For teams that had coaching changes I am looking at the new coaches previous team.

Yes, I am going through all the teams to make sure their run pass ratio is in line with what they did the previous year. For teams that had coaching changes I am looking at the new coaches previous team.
    Arkansas State has a new OC, Hugh Freeze. He was head coach at Lambuth... supposedly he helped design Malzahn's offense (they are friends) so I'd suggest possibly giving similar numbers to Auburn's.