Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Nebraska State Prairie Dogs: A Continuing NCAA Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display
    Triple H and NCAA 10. Great combination.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Well done....it works for what you want to do IMO.

Nebraska 20 #10NSU 17

Huskers Stun 10th Ranked Prairie Dogs

KEARNEY - When people say to throw out the records in rivalry games, Nebraska wasn't kidding.

Despite entering the game just 3-7 in a very troubling season for the Cornhuskers, Nebraska saved its best for last in stunning 10th ranked Nebraska State, 20-17, in the Huskers debut in the new Ab-Linc Stadium.

NSU had its chances in the game, but each time Nebraska came up big, especially late in the game. NSU's Pickens was picked off on the last two Prairie Dog drives, the last coming at the Nebraska three-yard line with just 35 seconds remaining. A few minutes earlier, Nebraska's took the ball away at its own 18-yard line with Pickens' first interception of the game.

Nebraska completes the upset on this interception in the final minute of play.

"This is one of those games I fear you can't get out of your mind," said NSU head coach Dana Bible, IV. "It was clear Nebraska wanted this game more than we did and when we had chances, we choked them away. I told you all it was crazy for us to be in the Top 10 and we proved it today."

Bible, often critical of his team in losses and even some wins, has now lost two straight to NSU's in-state rivals.

Nebraska showed on several drives the team wasn't nearly as bad as their record indicated. NU scored first after taking the opening drive on an eight-play drive that saw DJ Wright run the ball in from the six. NSU would respond by driving down the field themselves, but after 11 plays, NSU had to settle for a 46-yard field goal by Harrell. The rest of the first half was a disaster for both teams.

Nebraska turned the ball over three times in the second quarter with two fumbles and two interceptions all in NSU territory. But NSU refused to take advantage by committing a turnover of its own after a fumble following a reception occurred at the Nebraska 49. NSU's Harrell also missed a 43-yard field goal early in the period and followed up by coming short on a 51-yard attempt on the last play before half. NSU's Pickens was sacked for 11 yards on the previous play before the missed field goal to leave the score 7-3.

Rhoden dives for the second quarter pick.

The Prairie Dogs seemed to come to life following half time. On the first play of the second half, Nebraska showed blitz as Pickens rolled right on a play-action pass and found a wide-open Terry for a 71-yard touchdown, which no defender bothered to pick up.

Nebraska, down for the first time in the, responded by once again driving down the field on a 11-play drive that ended with Hicks firing a pass to Ernst for the score to regain the lead. On the second play of the ensuing possession, Pickens fired a pass to Vaughn on a wide-receiver screen. But Nebraska was ready and forced the NSU receiver to drop the ball as McCoy came in to scoop up the ball and race untouched for the touchdown as the play was ruled a backwards pass and a live ball. The extra point was missed, giving NU just a field goal lead instead of four.

Down 20-10 in the fourth, NSU was forced to punt after another sack on Pickens inside Nebraska territory. The punt was downed inside the five-yard line and Nebraska gave life to NSU on the next play. Running right on the option, Hicks was hit and fumbled the ball and NSU's Gipson dove on the ball ahead of Wright to give the offense the ball at the one-yard line. Burton, 25 carries for 155 yards, scored on the next play to cut the lead to three.

Gipson dives on the ball to give his team a chance.

Nebraska's Wright, who rushed for 149 yards on 27 carries, was used to drain the clock while picking up chunks for yards. NSU was finally forced the Huskers to punt, but the next two drives were ended on interceptions that secured the major upset.

NSU won the total yards 329 to 309 and passing with Pickens 203 yards to Hicks' 176. Each team recorded four turnovers, but missed field goals and untimely interceptions doomed NSU.

Despite the loss, NSU still moves onto the Big 12 Championship Game against 9th ranked Texas. Nebraska moves its record to 4-7, hoping to salvage its season after starting ranked 13th in the preseason.

Ouch. Good luck against Texas!

Yeah, gotta love rivalry games that actually do throw the records out.

This will be my first game against Texas in 11, and yeah, I'm worried. Although I haven't posted season results for this season yet, I've struggled to put teams away and struggled in quite a few (which makes me happy). I really shouldn't be on the same field as Texas.

Which brings me to sliders...I'm using a variation of Rudy's and sometimes they seem to be all over the place. Some games I cannot be stopped and others I have to pay a ref to get yardage. Not sure if I like them or hate them yet.

Any luck?

Nada. The timing couldn't have been worse. Just a ton of stuff we had to buy or fix around the house. But, it's been kind of nice not having the PS3 on a lot of the time. Talking with my wife, I think we have decided to wait until winter to get another one. It's been nice to sit and watch tv with the kids or having them play outside instead of video games.

NSU will be back, just an extended vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    Nada. The timing couldn't have been worse. Just a ton of stuff we had to buy or fix around the house. But, it's been kind of nice not having the PS3 on a lot of the time. Talking with my wife, I think we have decided to wait until winter to get another one. It's been nice to sit and watch tv with the kids or having them play outside instead of video games.

NSU will be back, just an extended vacation.
    Yeah I'm trying to stay caught up on the OD's I'm in, so I haven't gotten time to play mine either.

Hey HuskerBlitz Can i see all of your Nebraska State logos . thanks

Man....almost 5 years. Where does the time go?

Blast from the past

Man....almost 5 years. Where does the time go?
    I don't remember why or where I was, but recently I told my girlfriend all about the Prairie Dogs and how many seasons you played and how there was that big push to get them recognized by the announcers in the game when Teambuilder was added.

This is definitely Old School. Glad you're doing well, Blitz.

Damn this brings back memories. This, this was the dynasty that I have wanted to replicate with my dynasty. I would love to go 50+ years or even 100 years and have a this grand history to look back on.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Blast from the past
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I don't remember why or where I was, but recently I told my girlfriend all about the Prairie Dogs and how many seasons you played and how there was that big push to get them recognized by the announcers in the game when Teambuilder was added.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    This is definitely Old School. Glad you're doing well, Blitz.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Damn this brings back memories. This, this was the dynasty that I have wanted to replicate with my dynasty. I would love to go 50+ years or even 100 years and have a this grand history to look back on.
    Thanks. Yep, still alive and kicking.

And for those keeping score at home.....I have now 145 seasons completed. Although now it takes me a very long time to play out a season. My kids got me the last edition of the game for Christmas since they are no longer making it. My son, who turns 16 in a few days, reminded me about my postings on my seasons so I decided to take a gander at them. BTW....the Prairie Dogs was born just about the same time as my son. A long time indeed. Hope all is well with all of you.

155 seasons and counting......Still love playing with NSU though I'm lucky to get a season or two done in a given year.

https://youtu.be/hihEhsdwiIk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

155 seasons and counting......Still love playing with NSU though I'm lucky to get a season or two done in a given year.
    Damn! It's still going.

Just for fun....I have played now over 2,000 games JUST in my continuing NSU dynasty! I have won roughly 75% of those. Surprisingly, I have just 14 National Championships in my 155 seasons and trail Ohio State who has had 20.

You are what I aspire to become HuskerBlitz. I'm in my fourteenth season of my coaching carousel dynasty and I hope to some day reach season 150+ myself.

As long as I have a working copy of NCAA 14 and a working 360, I will continue playing until I'm either dead or have gone blind and can no longer see what the hell I'm doing, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk