Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Nebraska State Prairie Dogs: A Continuing NCAA Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display
    That's it, I give up. I was going to continue my long history of playing and writing dynasty reports for a Navy dynasty on a forum (and thanks to Dynasty Wire, maybe I'll actually get past season 2 or 3), but after sitting here reading every single word of this thread, I quit. I can't compete with this.

Well, what the hell, I'll still continue my history of posting Navy dynasties, but I can guarantee it won't hold a stick compared to this one. And count me in as a continued long term follower of the Prairie Dogs! I have loved this dynasty and have been following it for years now. So happy to see it make it's way over here!

Thanks, guys. Yeah I wanted to make a transition over to here. I do have about 10 more seasons to post, but it's kind of a archaic system I have set up and it looks as if some of the table transfer didn't work so well. It will take me a while to get everything shifted, but I'm looking forward to TGT hosting my NSU team.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    Thanks, guys. Yeah I wanted to make a transition over to here. I do have about 10 more seasons to post, but it's kind of a archaic system I have set up and it looks as if some of the table transfer didn't work so well. It will take me a while to get everything shifted, but I'm looking forward to TGT hosting my NSU team.
    I'm extremely glad you decided to move it over here. I remember finding it the first time (after you had already hit your 100 seasons but were only on like season 110 or so) on Utopia and I spent the next two days reading EVERYTHING you had on it. I strive for the type of longevity that you have with your team and I've actually went about it the way you did this time.

I just restarted my Saint Augustus Monarchs dynasty over again on '10 (modified, for the worse, cupcake team) as an Independent but I found someone that made Holy Cross equally as bad (which is hard to do on teambuilder because most people make their teams retarded good) and I brought them in as well as our cross town rival (both teams are located in Worcester, Massachusetts).

I'm going to start posting up stuff about it now and play as far as I can get until I get my hands on '11 and then transfer them over to '11 and keep going with them. I'm actually quite excited to do it this time.

Recruit
    I've been following this dynasty since the PS2 days and can't wait to see how the addition of Dynasty Wire will add to this dynasty.

I started a new team Northwest Nebraska State last year to try to create a dynasty like yours, but it was hard to keep notes of everything. I'm hoping the new features this year help me out.
    Last edited by BPHusker; 07-03-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Yeah, I know. I'm still mad about losing an entire season. The problem is as I've gotten older the less time I have to actually play, and write down stats. So sometimes I have to go back and get them and sometimes I forget. But if it is a significant stat, I do jot them down right away. Hopefully, Dynasty Wire will help up both in that.
    Last edited by HuskerBlitz; 07-20-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Season 114 began another era for NSU football with a refurbished Ab-Linc Stadium built around the old stadium with a more manageable 50,000-seat capacity. NSU opened the season against newcomer Georgia Southern for the first time in program history. The Eagles held tough early, but the play of Gary Bean and Jonathan Garcia was too much as NSU rolled to a 44-17 win. A near trip over Kent State would show that NSU still needed some work, but the Prairie Dogs opened the season 8-0 after a seven-point win over Nebraska. From there the season got tougher and three straight losses to conference foes put NSU almost out of the North race. A late field goal against Missouri and a Colorado loss put 4-4 Prairie Dogs into the Big 12 title game. Top-ranked Oklahoma had little trouble with NSU in a 27-14 win that sent NSU to the Insight Bowl against Michigan State. NSU rolled the Spartans to finish 10-4 and ranked #21 and #22 at season's end.
    Code:
    Season 114
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    10-4, 5-4
    44	Ga. Southern	17
    42	La. Tech	14
    21	@Kent St.	17
    47	Army		20
    45	@Kansas St.	14
    42	@Kansas		28
    21	Baylor		10
    31	@Nebraska	24
    34	@Texas aTm	35
    18	Oklahoma St.	36
    27	Colorado	30
    31	@Missouri	28
    	Big 12 Title Game
    14	Oklahoma	27
    	BCS Title Game
    44	Michigan St.	24
    Final Ranking: #21, #22

Season 115 saw a new backfield after the departure of Bean and Garcia. It also witnessed head coach Rob Wahkan step away from the playcalling and the Pistol offense. With new QB Teppen and RB Hall, NSU had some growing pains with the new personnel and new spread offense. NSU did open 3-0 with the help of a double-overtime win over Utah in game three. But a loss to Texas and a one-point loss to Nebraska sent the Prairie Dogs reeling to a four-game skid, the last coming in an overtime loss to Texas Tech. NSU knocked off both Kansas schools in back-to-back weeks, but a one-point loss to the Buffalos of Colorado ensured NSU of a losing conference record. With a win over Mizzou NSU was able to nab a bowl bid despite falling to a 5-7 Tulsa team in the final week of play. NSU faced Ohio in the International Bowl and defeated the Bobcats by nine to seal a winning record of 7-6 and 3-5 in conference play.
    Code:
    Season 115
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    7-6, 3-5
    42	N. Illinois	14
    38	@BYU		24
    26	Utah       2ot	19
    28	@Texas		42
    23	Nebraska	24
    23	@Oklahoma	41
    34	Texas Tech   ot	41
    21	@Kansas St.	20
    54	Kansas		28
    29	@Colorado	30
    41	Missouri	27
    38	@Tulsa		41
    	International Bowl
    36	Ohio		27
    Final Ranking: #NR, #NR

Season 116 was an odd season for a few reasons. NSU opened the season against mediocre South Carolina but the lack of the Prairie Dog defense made the Cocks look like all-stars. USC QB Carter recorded one of the best days ever for a NSU opposing QB by completing 21 of 24 passes for 475 yards and 6 scores to 0 ints en route to a 54-35 win. The following week NSU would travel and upset Boise State but another huge home loss to Florida State damped the season that even wins over Nebraska and Texas Tech wouldn't overcome. Optimism would resume after NSU upset Texas then the unthinkable. Top 5 ranked Oklahoma crushed the Prairie Dogs to the tune of 73-20 and handing NSU its worse home loss in history. It marked the first ever blocked punt for a touchdown against the Prairie Dogs as well. NSU would suffer another major home defeat to conference foe Colorado 44-16, making for one of the worst home stands in NSU history. While Ab-Linc was to friendly, the Prairie Dogs remained perfect on the road going 8-4 overall. The record was good enough for a Cotton Bowl trip which was as odd as the home season for NSU. The Prairie Dogs routed the 8-4 Razorbacks 70-14 for the school's most bowl points. Despite the home disasters, NSU finished ranked #23 and #25 at the end of the season.
    Code:
    Season 116
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    9-4, 6-2
    35	South Carolina	54
    28	@Boise St.	27
    31	Florida St.	45
    35	@Nebraska	21
    50	@Texas Tech	30
    28	Texas		19
    20	Oklahoma	73
    33	@Missouri	14
    35	Kansas St.	28
    16	Colorado	44
    59	@Kansas		28
    48	@Northwestern ot45
    	Cotton Bowl
    70	Arkansas	14
    Final Ranking: #23, #25

Season 117 began on a high note as NSU started the season 3-0 including a win over in-state rival Creighton. But a sobering 48-15 loss at Stillwater would prove the defense still was not up to par. NSU would improve its record to 7-1 before a late season collapse. NSU would fall to rival Nebraska but it was the school's first loss to lowly Idaho that opened eyes to NSU's defensive woes. Those fears were confirmed in a 69-34 loss to Missouri in the season's final contest that included an insult-to-injury touchdown of 96 yards by Mizzou's Faqua on the game's final play. Coach Wahkan would suffer just his second bowl defeat in a 38-31 loss to Wisconsin in the Insight Bowl. The Prairie Dogs would find themselves unranked at the end of an 8-5 season.
    Code:
    Season 117
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    8-5, 5-3
    35	@Duke		 7
    31	@Cincinnati	26
    49	Creighton	28
    15	@Oklahoma St.	48
    36	Texas aTm	17
    48	@Colorado	 6
    42	@Baylor		25
    56	Kansas		31
    31	Nebraska	42
    31	@Idaho		38
    28	@Kansas St.	26
    34	Missouri	69
    	Insight Bowl
    31	Wisconsin	38
    Final Ranking: #NR, #NR

Season 118 opened with a solid win over neighboring Iowa, but a 56-28 loss at Tennessee left NSU 1-1 on the season. NSU would take a close win over ECU but lost to Nebraska for consecutive times after winning five straight against their in-state rivals. NSU would regain its footing and win the next three conference games, but a five-point loss to Texas aTm would cost NSU the North title again. The Prairie Dogs would close out the season with five straight wins, including a surprisingly defensive 17-7 win over USC in the Holiday Bowl. The season was a highlight reel for standout recruit Lincoln Schoenrock. The star player played sparingly as a freshman but an injury forced him to redshirt his sophomore season. Schoenrock threw for over 3,000 yards with a 24-7 td to int ratio. As fans looked forward to seeing the SO(RS), the QB had other ideas and entered the pro draft. Strong safety Davis tied a school record for tackles in a season with 101 with 12 tfls and two picks, one of which he took back 102 yards for a score.
    Code:
    Season 118
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    12-3, 6-2
    42	Air Force	 7
    57	UTEP		28
    54	@Washington	14
    21	Indiana		49
    28	@Texas		21
    21	Nebraska	33
    41	@Oklahoma ot	38
    45	Texas Tech	35
    44	@Kansas St.	48
    45	Kansas		27
    31	@Colorado	27
    51	Missouri	34
    	Cotton Bowl
    45	Alabama		 3
    Final Ranking: #11, #11

Season 119 was a good season for new QB Franklin. The Prairie Dog signal caller made huge strides during the season as NSU opened 3-0. But losses to resurgent Indiana (thanks to 8 NSU interceptions) and Nebraska made fans realize that he defense still had issues to address. On the offensive side of the ball, Franklin and his teammates were able to score an overtime win over ranked Oklahoma and Texas Tech in consecutive weeks. A high-scoring upset from Kansas State left NSU out of the conference championship game which went to 8-5 Nebraska. Against K-State, NSU's final drive ended inside the five-yard line but the coaches were unable to get a timeout called in time to make a play in the end zone. NSU responded with a solid 45-3 thumping of Alabama in the Cotton Bowl as the Prairie Dogs jumped to #11 in both polls after the win that left NSU 10-3 on the season.
    Code:
    Season 119
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    10-3, 6-2
    37	Iowa		10
    28	@Tennessee	56
    48	ECU		35
    22	@Nebraska	30
    48	Baylor		 6
    38	@Missouri	31
    44	Oklahoma St.	16
    32	@Texas aTm	37
    45	Kansas St.	27
    38	Colorado	21
    56	@Kansas		44
    41	@Virginia	21
    	Holiday Bowl
    17	USC		 7
    Final Ranking: #12, #12

Season 120 saw the Prairie Dogs ranked #18 in the preseason polls and selected to win the North. To start, NSU had to get past the Hawkeyes to the east and the Eagles of Southern Miss in non-conference. However, it was San Jose State that provided the most problems in the early season. Despite the close call, NSU started the season at 3-0 and headed into the I-80 Showdown against the Cornhuskers. Highly ranked Nebraska scored quickly and claimed its fourth straight win in the series going away, 42-21. NSU would fall again on the road, this time at Texas Tech. NSU would respond the next week by clobbering 8th ranked Texas 36-3. Then the Sooners train-wrecked NSU’s plans to get back into the conference race. The Sooners were dominant and handed the Prairie Dogs their worst home defeat, 62-16. NSU would limp to two more wins over Missouri and Kansas State, but a two-point loss to Colorado put the pre-season North pick to 4-4 in conference play. NSU did manage to repay the Hoosiers with a 26-21 win and needed overtime to knock out an upstart Tulane team in the Texas Bowl to finish the season 9-4 and ranked #19 and #20 in the nation.
    Code:
    Season 120
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    9-4, 4-4
    37	Iowa		28
    43	@Southern Miss	20
    42	San Jose St.	34
    21	@Nebraska	42
    36	Texas		 3
    16	Oklahoma	62
    41	@Missouri	20
    31	Kansas St.	23
    35	Colorado	37
    52	@Kansas		19
    26	Indiana		21
    	Texas Bowl
    47	Tulane    ot	41
    Final Ranking: #19, #20

Season 121 almost ended before it began. NSU traveled to Fort Collins to face old nemesis Colorado State. NSU needed a two-yard touchdown by Lee to escape with a 41-37 win. NSU would be able to breathe easier the next two weeks against Hawai’i and Stillwater a 38-31 loser. NSU would need two overtimes to once again escape a loss, this time to the Aggies of aTm. NSU would head into lowly Baylor expecting an easy win as they prepped for an upcoming game against Nebraska. What the Prairie Dogs found was misery. NSU committed 8 turnovers in the game and forced none and watched Baylor produce its first win of the season in a stunning 48-36 win. NSU would go on to rout Kansas and upset the Huskers 18-14 and barely escape four-win K-State 21-17. That set up a winner-take-all game against Missouri for the North Division title. Despite Franklin’s dazzling 29-40, 497 yard day, the Prairie Dogs couldn’t withstand his 0-2 ratio in tds-ints in a triple overtime loss to the Tigers. The loss sent Missouri to the title game and NSU to the Holiday Bowl, where the team fell to USC 30-24 and out of the polls at 9-4 on the season. On the positive side, free safety Poe, a freshman, set a new team record with 103 tackles in a season.
    Code:
    Season 121
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    9-4, 5-3
    41	@Colorado St.	37
    50	@Hawaii		24
    35	Stanford	 7
    31	@Oklahoma St.	38
    45	Texas aTm  2ot  38
    45	@Colorado	28
    36	@Baylor		48
    73	Kansas		24
    18	Nebraska	14
    33	@Army		 0
    21	@Kansas St.	17
    51	Missouri   3ot	54
    	Holiday Bowl
    24	USC		30
    Final Ranking: NR, NR

Season 122 saw a dramatic rebound for the Prairie Dogs. Picked 2nd in the North and 5th overall in the Big 12 in the preseason, NSU catapulted itself back into the polls with a dangerous gun slinging QB in Franklin. The senior saved his best season for last as the team jumped out to an easy 3-0 non-conference start. Facing the highly touted Cornhuskers, the two heated rivals battled down to the final minute, where kicker Cunningham connected on a 32-yard field goal with 1:56 remaining to give NSU the win over the Top 10 ranked Nebraska team. NSU would avoid disaster at Waco with a three-point win over Baylor and started the conference slate 4-0 before traveling to College Station to face aTm. NSU powered to a 24-7 halftime lead in that game. But Franklin was out of action in the second half due to injury and despite 5 ints by aTm, the Aggies battled back to tie the game in the fourth. Attempting to reach field goal range late in the game, NSU replace QB Smith fired a pass that was picked off and returned 51-yards for what would be the game-winning points for aTm. NSU would win out and earn the tie-breaker with NU for the right to beat Texas in the Big 12 title game. But it was Nebraska that would have the final laugh. Due to the aTm loss, Nebraska had passed NSU in the polls and kept the lead throughout the season and earned a spot in the BCS title game against unbeaten Cincinnati, where the Bearcats would win the national title. NSU would travel to the Fiesta Bowl against Big 10 champ Penn State. In an eerily similar game, a late 79-yard interception was returned by Penn State for the go-ahead points with just 0:43 seconds left. Trailing 35-34, NSU’s Franklin showed why he was selected the season’s Heisman trophy winner. Franklin found Lee for a huge gain that setup Cunningham’s 25-yard field goal on the final play to lift NSU 37-35 and to #3 and #2 in the polls. Franklin finished his season in the record books as the only Prairie Dog player to pass for over 5,000 yards in a season at 5,056 yds and a 46-17 edge in tds-ints. For his career, Franklin completed 729-1172 passes for 11,039 yards and 96 tds. He also added 1,457 yards on the ground for his career. He also tied the school record with Stephen at 298 completions in a season and his 729 completions in a career is also a record.
    Code:
    Season 122
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    13-1, 8-1
    50	Arizona St.	33
    51	No. Illinois	33
    28	@Georgia Tech	 7
    22	@Nebraska	21
    51	Baylor		48
    48	@Missouri	20
    44	Oklahoma St.	21
    24	@Texas aTm	31
    59	Kansas St.	31
    43	Colorado	37
    45	@Kansas		14
    52	Illinois	 7
    	Big 12 Title Game
    52	Texas		28
    	Fiesta Bowl
    37	Penn State	35
    Final Ranking: #3, #2

Season 123 saw Prairie Dog Nation invade the defending national champions Cincinnati in week one matchup of Top 10 teams. Graduation losses for the Bearcats were evident as upperclassmen-led NSU jumped on Cinci early on and coast to a 31-14 win. The following week also featured a Top 10 showdown as Miami came to Ab-Linc with a lofty #3 ranking. The game was an offensive showcase as NSU rang up 544 yards to Miami’s 472. But it was the Hurricanes that struck last with a three-yard scoring run with 0:28 left to win 52-49. Miami would use this win to propel themselves to a 14-0 national championship run. NSU would use Miami’s trick and use a late three-yard scoring run by Anderson with just 8 seconds remaining to knock off Nebraska in the I-80 Showdown 43-42 in a game that featured over 900 yards of offense, including 243 rushing yards by NU’s Hall. A trip to Norman would hand the Prairie Dogs its second loss of the season. In that one, OU’s Ferguson gouged the Prairie Dogs for a record 449 yards rushing and 5 tds. Then NSU had to struggle to get past 1-11 bound Texas Tech 25-24 on a two-yard touchdown with 13 seconds left to avoid the embarrassing upset. The North Division would once again come down between Missouri and NSU in the conference finale for both teams. NSU’s Thompson returned a kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown and Daniels scored from two-yard out with 15 seconds remaining for the 29-21 win and a trip to the Big 12 title game against Oklahoma State. As the theme for the year continued, NSU needed an 18-yard field goal on the game’s final play to pull out the 27-24 win and a trip to the Fiesta Bowl and a rematch with Big East champion Cincinnati. As in the first game, Cincinnati’s youth was no match for NSU as the Prairie Dogs rolled to the 37-17 win to end the season 12-2 and ranked #4 and #7 in the polls. In the trophy presentation, NSU head coach Rob Wahkan announced his retirement. His record at NSU stands at 157 wins against 52 losses and an 89-42 conference record in 16 seasons.
    Code:
    Season 123
    Rob Wahkan, Coach
    12-2, 8-1
    31	@Cincinnati	14
    49	Miami		52
    38	@Michigan St.	24
    32	@Texas		28
    43	Nebraska	42
    24	@Oklahoma	41
    25	Texas Tech	24
    52	@Kansas St.	14
    48	Kansas		 0
    48	@Colorado	20
    29	Missouri	21
    55	Minnesota	 3
    	Big 12 Title Game
    27	Oklahoma St.	24
    	Fiesta Bowl
    37	Cincinnati	17
    Final Ranking: #4, #7

Season 124 saw the ascension of Associate Head Coach Dana X. Bible, IV to Head Coach of NSU. His debut resulted in a 68-7 crushing of new FBS member Georgia Southern, who was forced into 12 punts for the day, a NSU record. Like the season before, NSU needed a final play field goal to survive against Middle Tenn. St and another close call against a down Ohio State team. But Bible’s debut in the I-80 Showdown was a letdown as Nebraska’s Crenshaw obliterated the Prairie Dogs defense for 318 yards and scoring runs of 77, 19, 72 and 1-yard in a 51-35 Husker win. NSU fell in back-to-back weeks to Texas and Oklahoma. NSU vented some frustration on Missouri 77-7 as a record nine different Prairie Dogs scored in the game (5 RBs, 4 WRs). Two weeks later, NSU would pull out one of its greatest comebacks against Colorado. Down 35-7 in the second quarter, NSU rallied with the help of three defensive scores to knock off the Buffs 45-42. NSU finished at 5-3 in the conference, but tied for first with CU taking the head-to-head. An Independence Bowl bid was awarded to NSU and a date with Auburn, where NSU would grind out a 45-13 win over the .500 Tigers to finish the season 10-3 and ranked #8 and #10. Free safety Poe, who managed just 65 tackles in his senior season, smashed the NSU record for tackles by amassing 349 career stops, well ahead of previous leaders Hawkins (S21-23) and Vaughn (S105-108).
    Code:
    Season 124
    Dana X. Bible IV, Coach
    10-3, 5-3
    68	Geo. Southern	 7
    34	Mid. Tenn. St.	33
    20	@Ohio State	17
    35	Nebraska	51
    46	@Texas Tech	26
    22	Texas		37
    27	Oklahoma	38
    77	@Missouri	 7
    39	Kansas St.	10
    45	Colorado	42
    35	@Kansas		 7
    33	Central Florida	27
    	Independence Bowl
    45	Auburn		13
    Final Ranking: #8, #10

Season 125 saw NSU incorporate a ‘bend-but-don’t-break’ defense along with its high powered offense. NSU limited teams to just 15 ppg while scoring 43 themselves en route to a perfect 14-0 season and the National Championship in Bible’s 2nd season as head coach. NSU’s QB Douglas was perfect against Iowa at 10-10 142 yards and two scores before sitting out in the 3rd quarter. A match-up against preseason Top 10 ranked Oregon was a letdown as the Ducks limped into the game 0-2 and #23 Oregon was stymied 52-3 with just 134 yards of offense, due in large part to QB Benson being sacked 7 times. NSU would rally from 10 down in the 4th to beat Okie State and a game-winning field goal by Stewart to knock off aTm. In the I-80 Showdown, #5 Nebraska used two defensive touchdowns to take a late lead, but #2 NSU held on for the three-point win. NSU would lead Missouri just 14-10 in the 4th quarter, but a 28-point quarter secured the win. NSU would win the North and defeat #8 Texas in the Big 12 title game and earn a date to play unbeaten Cincinnati for the championship. The Bearcats, who had been #1 for most the season, was never able to get settled as NSU ran away with the 52-14 win. NSU featured two 1,000 yard rushers in Daniels and back-up Anderson.
    Code:
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    Season 125
    Dana X. Bible IV, Coach
    14-0, 9-0
    52	@Iowa		17
    42	Akron		23
    52	@Oregon		 3
    31	@Oklahoma St.	24
    27	Texas aTm	24
    31	@Colorado	21
    59	@Baylor		10
    66	Kansas		 6
    24	Nebraska	21
    42	Kansas St.	 7
    42	Missouri	10
    45	Bowling Green	17
    	Big 12 Title Game
    41	Texas		13
    	BCS Title Game
    52	Cincinnati	14
    Final Ranking: #1, #1

Season 126 was a chance to defend its National title, but standing in the way was #2 Florida. Top-ranked NSU traveled down to the Swamp to face the Gators for a Week 1 1 vs. 2 showdown. Florida would do just enough to pull out the win and force NSU to climb back up the ladder in order to defend its championship. NSU would make it to the I-80 Showdown ranked #4 after a couple of Top 5 upsets where #2 Nebraska was waiting. In a highly anticipated game, the Prairie Dogs dominated the Huskers and produced the series first shutout in a 33-0 win. In the game, Nebraska managed just 109 yards on offense while Crenshaw was limited to less than 100 yards for the second straight year after torching NSU for 300+ in his sophomore season. Baylor and Missouri were also held to under 150 yards each before NSU held on to defeat ranked Okie State and aTm. NSU would cruise the rest of the season, winning the Big 12 title game and using another upset to back into the BCS title game against unbeaten and top-ranked TCU. A nick-and-tuck game throughout, NSU grabbed the advantage on a Patterson field goal with under a minute to go. TCU struck back quick with a 52-yard pass and drove down the field in quick fashion with time running out. Facing 1 second on the clock at the 2-yard line, TCU’s Powers looked right and found Johnson again at two. Johnson snagged the ball at the two and leaned into the end zone prior to being tackled by NSU's Gaines for the game winning score, leaving NSU ranked #2 in both polls and a second away from a repeat National Championship.
    Code:
    Season 126
    Dana X. Bible IV, Coach
    12-2, 9-0
    21	@Florida	24
    35	FIU		20
    51	EMU		17
    33	@Nebraska	 0
    66	Baylor		13
    39	@Missouri	 3
    38	Oklahoma St.	24
    30	@Texas aTm	28
    55	Kansas St.	28
    41	Colorado	17
    52	@Kansas		10
    44	Memphis		14
    	Big 12 Title Game
    31	Texas		17
    	BCS Title Game
    39	TCU		42
    Final Ranking: #2, #2

Season 127 began with NSU ranked #4 in the preseason. NSU had to hang on against Colorado State in the season opener and would finish the first two weeks with wins over two ranked team. NSU would take out Nebraska 41-28 before traveling to Lubbock against Red Raiders. NSU was shocked 45-42 in a loss that threatened to ruin the Prairie Dogs season. NSU would right the ship and along the way knock off unbeaten Colorado and earn the North Division title. An offensive shootout with aTm in the conference title game left #3 NSU waiting for the score of the SEC title game, where #2 Florida would fall to lowly ranked Arkansas that would send NSU back to the National Champion game. Facing Ole Miss, who was in the SEC title game thanks to a loss to Arkansas, would fall behind early on a 75-yard touchdown run by Roberts, NSU’s newest Heisman winner. A 61-yard touchdown pass from Beverly to Gibson put the game out of reach and NSU had won its second championship in three seasons.
    Code:
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    Season 127
    Dana X. Bible IV, Coach
    13-1, 8-1
    31	Colorado St.	30
    41	@Rutgers	24
    30	@Stanford	 7
    73	North Texas	13
    41	@Nebraska	28
    42	@Texas Tech	45
    56	Texas		24
    34	Oklahoma	17
    48	@Missouri	23
    35	Kansas St.	 7
    45	Colorado	24
    41	@Kansas		10
    	Big 12 Title Game
    56	Texas aTm	44
    	BCS Title Game
    31	Ole Miss	17
    Final Ranking: #1, #1

Season 128 could have put NSU in a fourth straight national title game, but a defensive collapse saw Iowa collect over 500 yards of offense in a 56-42 win for the Hawkeyes. NSU needed double overtime to avoid a second straight loss to a Big 10 team in a 56-49 win over Michigan. With the national title a distant memory, NSU refocused itself and defeat 9 straight opponents, none of which were ranked. With a perfect 8-0 conference record, NSU headed into the Big 12 title game against it’s first ranked opponent since the Michigan game. In an odd defensive game, NSU and the Sooners were tied at 7 at halftime with an interception return for a touchdown a kickoff return by NSU’s Parker proving the only scoring. The offenses finally got going in the fourth as NSU took the lead on a 50-yard pass from Pickens to Fuller with 45 seconds remaining. OU would respond with a last ditch effort that ended with an 8-yard scoring pass with 15 seconds remain. Three incompletions later, OU had claimed the Big 12 championship in a game that featured six lead changes and a 35-point fourth quarter. In the Cotton Bowl, NSU would be out-yarded by Tennessee 412 to 374, but two goal line interceptions by Mills stopped the Vols from scoring in the second half as NSU went on to claim the 38-24 win to finish the season 11-3 and #18 and #14 in the polls.
    Code:
    Season 128
    Dana X. Bible, IV, Coach
    11-3, 7-2
    47	@Utah St.	 7
    42	@Iowa		56
    56	@Michigan   2ot	49
    21	@Oklahoma St.	17
    37	Texas aTm	36
    34	@Colorado	17
    28	@Baylor		14
    38	Kansas		45
    41	Nebraska	25
    25	@Kansas St.	24
    30	Missouri	27
    42	Maryland	28
    	Big 12 Title Game
    28	Oklahoma	31
    	Cotton Bowl
    38	Tennessee	24
    Final Ranking: #18, #14

Above is all of the seasons I played in NCAA 10, so part of it is a re-post of Seasons 114-119 combined with the newly posted ones.

Some updates from NSU.

The new Ab-Linc Stadium is up and going. No more bowl-style stadium after 128 seasons. The Prairie Dogs new digs is a modern Pro-style stadium with a large video screen sitting atop the far end zone and an upper deck along the west side. The field remain the same with multi-colored field turf and coloring.

With the new stadium and new season, NSU has added back a light blue jersey for both home and away games, along with the now traditional navy blue unis. NSU has also updated the look of the uniforms. NSU has stuck with tradition of utilizing both a navy and white helmets. Below are the new light blue and navy blue unis, also a look at the whites:

Also of note, I didn't realize how many seniors I had on this team when I transferred them over to '11. I'm 9-2 so far this season, but I was completely dismantled against Cal (14-51) and Oklahoma (14-29). Although the score may not indicate as such, OU really blasted me. I had just 148 offensive yards and needed two turnovers to set up scores, the last coming on a fumble return. OU's no-huddle really killed me as they scored on their first two drives with both coming in excess of 12 plays and over 3 minutes off the clock. It was total domination.

Nebraska 23 NSU 3

Huskers Dominate, Cruise to 23-3 Win

LINCOLN -- Nebraska exercised four years of frustration in a frustrating season by dismantling #21 Nebraska State, 23-3, while holding the Prairie Dogs to its second lowest offensive output in the school's history.

Nebraska took the ball first and delivered. Thanks to a 51-yard bomb, Nebraska (8-4) was able to score first on a six-yard Fisher scoring pass from Fowler. The Blackshirts did the rest by forcing NSU into consecutive three and outs. Nebraska was unable to do much on offense following their initial drive as the first half closed 7-0.

Terry grabbed this pass for a 41-yard gain, the longest of the day for NSU.

Nebraska and NSU (9-3) battled to another stand still for most of the third quarter until the Huskers tacked on a 44-yard field goal with 1:20 left in the period. With the running game of Jacob Davis stuffed, the Prairie Dogs took to the air and was finally able to score on a 37-yard field goal by Groza winning kicker J. Smith to cut the lead to 10-3 early in the fourth.

Nebraska drove the ball on the ensuing possession and chewed up the clock while adding another three points to the score board after another 44-yarder by Joseph. On the kickoff, NSU WR Gipson field the ball at the goal line but was hit at the 15 and fumbled the ball. Nebraska's Jones scooped up the ball and rumbled into the end zone with 3:34 to play to put the game out of reach.

NSU's Beverly was forced into an interception two plays into the next drive and another interception allowed Nebraska's Joseph to kick his longest field goal of the season at 54-yards. The senior kicker missed wide left on an earlier 56-yard attempt in the first quarter.

Williams seals the deal with this 4th quarter interception

NSU was held to just 38 yards in the first half and 145 in the game, the second lowest output since a 138-yard outing against UNLV in Season 21. NSU was held to 148 yards earlier in the season in a loss to Oklahoma. The Cornhuskers managed only 285 yards of its own, but Sanders rushed 21 times for 136 yards in the win. Davis, a Walter Camp finalist, was held to 10 carries for 34 yards, the lowest of his career. Nebraska also dominated the TOP, 21:22 to 12:16.

Despite the loss, NSU heads to the Big 12 Championship game in Dallas for a rematch against the 10-2 Sooners.

I wish the trophy was actually a bronzed corndog

Some more notes on my first season on NCAA 11:

For the first time in the history of the series, the I-80 Showdown took place on the day following Thanksgiving. The Husker win cuts NSU's lead in the series to 40-36 and tied at Memorial Stadium. The win moved Nebraska back into the polls and dropped the Prairie Dogs out.

Creighton earned its first win over Nebraska on the opening weekend to help propel the Jays to an 11-1 season and a #22 ranking and the conference championship of the Sun Belt.

Also new this season, is the inclusion of the Sioux Nation Spirit Warriors. The Sioux Nation was granted its independence from the United States and took over most of the states of North and South Dakota. The Sioux Nation is also the only foreign country to have a team in the NCAA FBS football system. The Sioux Nation is coached by former NSU head coach Rob Wahkan and runs his Pistol Offense. In it's first season, the Spirit Warriors completed a 4-7 record as part of the MAC.

Here are my personal bests for NSU. It is in the format of: Type; Performance; Player; Oppoenent; Season; and NCAA version in ( ).

Nebraska State Prairie Dogs
    Personal Bests

Longest Plays
    Rush: 99 yards, Harmon (QB) vs. Creighton (83) (2006)
    Rush, FB: 78, Arrington vs. BYU (17) (2000)
    Rush, QB: 94, Lincoln vs. Louisville (15) (2001)
    Rush-No TD: 74, Stokes vs. Florida (10) (2000)
    Pass: 99 yards, Shivers to Waller vs. Northwestern (11) (2000)
    Pass-No TD: 87 yards, White to Wyatt vs. Air Force (22) (2001)
    Punt: 98 yards, Henderson vs. Missouri (80) (2005)
    Field Goal: 63 yards, Kelly vs. Neb-Omaha (13) (2000)
    Punt Return: 102 yards, Small vs. Baylor (57) (2004)
    Kick Return: 106 yards, Martinez vs. Baylor (56) (2004)
    Interception Return: 104 yards, Payne vs. Air Force (59) (2004)
    Interception Return-No TD: 83 yards, Lilly vs. Michigan (110) (2009)
    TD Reception, Tight End: 95, Jobes vs. UNLV (10) (2000)

Game Highs
    All-Purpose Yards: 698, Montgomery vs. Oklahoma (62) (2004)
    All-Purpose Yards (non-QB): 552, Poole vs. Missouri (87) (2006)
    Pass Rtg. (15 min): 361.0, Shivers vs. UNLV (11) (2000) (16-16 301y 5td 0int)
    Pass Rtg. (<15 min): 398., Lincoln vs. New Mexico (?) (2000) (12-12 231y 5td 0int)
    Pass Comp.: 32, Pollock vs. Baylor (106) (2009)
    Pass Att.: 57, Turtle vs. BYU (4) (2001)
    Pass Yards: 698, Montgomery vs. Oklahoma (62) (2004)
    TD Passes: 9, White vs. USC (23) (2001)
    Rush Att.: 50, Poole vs. Missouri (87) (2006)
    Rush Yards: 413, Todd vs. Baylor (54) (2004)
    Rush TDs: 6, Davis vs. Ark.-Pine Bluff Powers vs. Kansas (112) (2009)
    Rush Att.: FB: 12, Arrington vs. Nebraska (9) (2000)
    Rush Att., QB: 23, King vs. Kansas (109) (2009)
    Rush Yards, QB: 279, King vs. Oklahoma (108) (2009)
    Rush TDs, QB: 4, King vs. Oklahoma (108) (2009)
    Broken Tackles: 18, Davis vs. Texas Tech (112) (2009)
    Receptions: 16, Ruffin vs. Kansas (90) (2007)
    Receiving Yards: 423 yards, Roberson vs. Florida State (61) (2004)
    Receiving TDs: 5, Nicholson vs. Baylor (95) (2007)
    Receptions, TE: 15, Bell vs. West Virginia (99) (2007)
    Receiving Yards, TE: 202, Bell vs. West Virginia (99) (2007)
    Receiving TDs, TE: 3, Jobes vs. UNLV (10) (2000)
    Total TDs (non-QB): 7, Powers vs. Kansas (5 rush, 1KR, 1 PR) (97) (2007)
    Field Goals: 7, Shannon vs. Utah (11) (2000)
    Sacks: 13, Hawkins vs. Louisville (22) (2001)
    Forced Fumbles: 6, Rankin vs. Colorado (98) (2007)
    INT: 6, Sherman vs. Iowa State (61) (2004)
    Tackles: 19, Hawkins vs. Idaho, (22) (2001); 18, Rankin vs. Colorado (98) (2007)
    Highest QB Rating (15 min): 361.0, Shivers vs. UNLV (11) (2000)
    Highest QB Rating (20 min): 350.1, Sanders vs. Nebraska (8) (2000)
    Highest QB Rating (30 min): 213.0, Bass vs. Wyoming (19) (2001)
    Total Yards: 552, Poole vs. Missouri (87)
    Special Teams TDs: 3, Little vs. Nicholls St. (3 PR) (88)

Season Highs
    Pass Yards: 5,056, Franklin (122) (2010)
    Pass Att.: 498, Stephens (102) (2007)
    Pass Comp: 298, Stephens (102) (2007), Franklin (122) (2010)
    Pass TDs: 47, White (23) (2001)
    Pass %: 71%, Shivers, 11 (2001)
    Rush Yards: 2816, Todd (54) (2004)
    Rush Att.: 370, Teague (83) (2006)
    Rush TDs: 44, Todd (54) (2004)
    Rush Yards, FB: 575, FB32 (15) (2001)
    Rush Att., FB: 110, Bruiser (76)
    Rush TDs, FB: 11, FB32 (15) (2001)
    Rush Yards, QB: 1,340, King (109) (2009)
    Rush TDs, QB: 17, King (108) (2009)
    Rush Att., QB: 214, King (109) (2009)
    Receptions: 104, Ruffin (90) (2006)
    Receiving Yards: 2,027, Nicholson (94) (2007)
    Receiving TDs: 23, Wyatt (23) (2001)
    Receptions, TE: 70, Bell (99) (2007)
    Receiving Yards, TE: 1,374 yards, TE88 (5) (2000)
    Receiving TDs, TE: 18, TE88 (5) (2000)
    Tackles: 113, Hawkins (23) (2001) / 103 Poe (121) (2010)
    Sacks: 30, Roberts (59) (2004)
    Interceptions: 12, Sherman (60) (2004)
    Forced Fumbles: 10, Rankin (98) (2007)
    All-Purpose Yards: 4,534, Lord (6) (2000)
    All-Purpose Yards (non-QB): 4,019, Poole (87) (200?)
    Total TDs: 52, White (23) (2001)
    Total TDs (non-QB): 47, Todd (2004)
    Return TDs: 9, Pope (6-pr, 3-kr) (84) (2006)
    Field Goals Made: 28, K8 (20) (2001)
    Field Goals Att.: 30, K8 (20) (2001)
    Extra Points Made: 88, Brown (109) (2009)
    Extra Points Att.: 88, Brown (109) (2009)
    Punts: 55, Cotton (92) (2007)**
    Punt Yards: 2,140, Cotton (92) (2007)**
    Punt In 20: 14, P19 (20) (2001)
    Punts Blocked: 4, P19 (20) (2001)
    Punt Average: 50.2, Cobb (10); Wolfe (23) (2001)
    Pancakes: 76, Dodd (109) (2009)

Career Highs

Pass Yards: 11,398 Lane (94-96) (2007)
    Pass Att.: 1,204 Lane (94-96) (2007)
    Pass Comp: 729 Franklin (119-122) (2010)
    Pass TDs: 119 Shivers (9-12) (2000)
    Pass %: 67.5% Williams (17-18) (2001)
    Rush Yards: 9,112 Todd (51-54) (2004)
    Rush Att.: 1,075 Teague (81-83) (2005-6)
    Rush TDs: 118, Todd (51-54) (2004)
    Rush Yards, FB: 1,473 Rice (16-19) (2001)
    Rush Att., FB: 251, Arrington (8-10) (2000)
    Rush TDs, FB: 25, Rice (16-19) (2001)
    Rush Yards, QB: 4,313, King (107-110) (2009)
    Rush TDs, QB: 54, King (107-110) (2009)
    Rush Att., QB: 670, King (107-110) (2009)
    Receptions: 309 Ruffin (88-91) (2007)
    Receiving Yards: 6,569 Nicholson (92-95) (2007)
    Receiving TDs: 57, Nicholson (92-95) (2007)
    Receptions, TE: 115, Bell (96-99) (2007)
    Receiving Yards, TE: 2,252 yards, Jobes (10-13) (2000)
    Receiving TDs, TE: 33, Jobes (10-13) (2000)
    Tackles: 349, Poe (121-124) (2010)
    Sacks: 71 Snell (57-60) (2004) / 61 Powell (89-92) (2007)
    Forced Fumbles: 15, Rankin (95-98) (2007)
    Interceptions: 37 Sherman (59-62) (2004)
    All-Purpose Yards: 10,913 Shivers (9-12) (2000)
    All-Purpose Yards (non-QB): 10,883 Todd (51-54) (2004)
    Total TDs: 144 Shivers (9-12) (2000)
    Total TDs (non-QB): 125 Todd (51-54) (2004)
    Field Goals Made: 79, Shannon (2001)
    Field Goals Att.: 87, Shannon (2001)
    Extra Points Made: 233, Love (105-108) (2009)**
    Extra Points Att.: 234, Love (105-108) (2009)**
    Punts: 148, Cotton (93-95) (2007)
    Punt Yards: 5,943, Cotton (93-95) (2007)
    Punt In 20: 34, Cotton (93-95) (2007)
    Punts Blocked: 4, P19 (20) (2001)
    Pancakes: 155, Trey Johnson (98-101) (2007)

Opponents Highs and Lows

Pass Yards: 762, Wilson Texas Tech (101) (2007)
    Pass Att.: 62, Holt Kansas (110) (2009)
    Pass Comp: 34, Holt Kansas (110) (2009)
    Pass TDs: 9, Wilson Texas Tech (101) (2007), 9, Bryant, Texas Tech (108) (2009)
    Rush Yards: 449, Ferguson, Oklahoma (123) 2010)
    Rush Att.: 33, J. Moore Oklahoma State (154 yds 1 td; Big12CCG) (93) (2007)
    Rush TDs: 6, HB28 Ole Miss (5)
    Receptions: 13 WR82 Missouri (23) (2001)
    Receiving Yards: 362 WR82 Missouri (23) (2001)
    Receiving TDs: 4 WR82 Missouri (23) (2001), Rodgers T. Tech (94), Stukes, Kansas (101) (2007),
    Washington, Colorado (104) (2009) King, Nebraska (107) (2009), Miller, Texas Tech (108) (2009), K-State Receiver (108) (2009)
    Longest Run: 96, Singleton Texas (94) (2007), Means, Kent State (104) (2009)
    Longest Pass: 99, Burns to Vogelpohl Nebraska (112) (2009)
    Tackles: 18, UCLA SS#2 (83) (2006)
    Longest INT RTN: 100, Lawson Washington (95), Moore, Missouri (98) (2007)
    Most INTS: 4, Martin Nebraska (108) (2009)
    Most INTS for TD: 4, Florida State (115) (2010)
    Most 200 yard Receivers: 2, Texas Tech (108) (Miller 5-264 yd 4td, Jones 10-229 yd 2td)
    Most 100 yard Receivers: 3, UAB (108), Oklahoma (108)

NSU Lows
    Most Yards Lost, Game: -74, Lane vs. Texas (94) (2007)
    Most INTs, Game: 5, Lane vs. Oklahoma State (95) (2007)
    Most Yards Lost, Career: -271 Lane (93-96) (2007)

Updated: Dec. 12, 2009

Here are my team records for NSU.

Nebraska State Prairie Dogs

Highs and Lows
    Most Wins Season: 14 (54, 57)
    Least Wins Season: 2 (85)
    Most Losses Season: 10 (85)
    Least Losses Season: 0 (7 times, 57 most recent)
    Most Conference Wins: 9 (4 times, 70 most recent)
    Least Conference Wins: 1 (82, 85, 107)

Offensive Season Highs and Lows

Highest Rushing Average: 346.3 (44)
    Lowest Rushing Average: 78.2 (102)
    Highest Passing Average: 371.6 (77)
    Lowest Passing Average: 96.1 (77)
    Highest Offensive Average: 519.5 (26)
    Highest Total Offensive Average: 692.1 (85)
    Lowest Total Offensive Average: 239.5 (1)

Defensive Season Highs and Lows

Lowest Defensive Rushing Average: -17.5 (23)
    Highest Defensive Rushing Average: 171.6 (85)
    Lowest Defensive Passing Average: 138.6 (78)
    Highest Defensive Passing Average: 370.5 (108)
    Lowest Defensive Average: 186.5 (1)
    Highest Defensive Average: 476.9 (85)
    Most Interceptions, Game: 12 vs. ? (v2004)
    Most Interceptions, Season: 44 (61)
    Least Interceptions, Season: 11 (64, 76)
    Most Fumbles, Season: 17 (54)
    Least Fumbles, Season: 1 (75, 76)
    Most Sacks, Game: 16 vs. Montana State (91)

Scoring Highs and Lows

Highest Point per Game Average: 61.2 (44)
    Lowest Point per Game Average: 17.9 (1)
    Lowest Defensive Point per Game Average: 9.2 (78)
    Highest Defensive Point per Game Average: 43.9 (82, 85)
    Most Shutouts-Season: 6 (78)
    Most Points Allowed Game: 76 (vs. Ole Miss (5) )
    Most Points Allowed Half: 59 (vs. Nebraska (86))
    Most Points, Game: 94 vs. New Mexico (15)
    Least Points, Game: 0 (several times, most recent (70) vs. Minnesota)
    Most Points Against-4 quarter game: 76 vs. Mississippi. (5)
    Most Points Against-overtime game: 87 vs. Notre Dame (13)
    Most Points, Quarter: 49 3rd QT vs. Auburn (54)
    Most Points, Half: 70 1st half vs. Elon (78)
    Pts-1st Q: 42 vs. Montana State (92)
    Pts-2ndQ: 56 vs. Elon (78)
    Pts-3rdQ: 49 vs. Auburn (54)
    Pts-4thQ: 34 vs. Baylor (95)
    Pts-1st Half: 70 vs. Elon (78)
    Pts-2nd Half: 63 vs. Auburn (54)
    Third-Down High, Game: 12-16, 75%, vs. Kansas (109)
    Most Points Allowed, Quarter: 41, Texas Tech (89)
    Most Points Allowed, Season: 529 (85)
    Most Non-Offensive TDs, Game: 4, vs. UAB (KRTN, PRTN, 2 int) (108)
    Most Safeties, Game: 2, La. Tech (114)
    Most Safeties, Season: 5, (114)

Strength of Schedule
    Strongest Strength of Schedule: 101-55 .647 (65)
    Weakest Strength of Schedule: 32-46 .410 (1)

Yardage
    Most Penalties-Yards, Game: 10-95 yards, vs. Air Force (20)
    Most Penalties, Season: 56-511 yards, (20)
    Most Offensive Yards Allowed: 755, Texas Tech (101)
    Least Offensive Yards Allowed: 30 vs. Air Force �(P-24, R-6) (110)
    Most Total Yards Allowed: 982, Texas Tech (101)
    Highest Total Yards, Game: 975, vs. Oklahoma (62)
    Least Total Yards Allowed: 138, UNLV (21)
    Most Passing Yards, Game: 721, vs. Oklahoma (62)
    Least Passing Yards, Game: 84 (4-19) vs. Pitt (23)
    Most Passing Yards Allowed, Game: 762, Texas Tech (101)
    Least Pass Yards Allowed, Game: 19, James Madison (106)
    Most Rushing Yards, Game: 520, vs. Colorado State (23)
    Lowest Rushing Yards, Game: -19 yards, vs. Texas (94)
    Most Rushing Yards Allowed, Game: 435 (31 rushes), Missouri (82)
    Least Rush Yards Allowed, Game: -89, USC (23)

Miscellaneous
    Fewest Offensive Plays, Quarter: 3 vs. Kansas (97)
    Most Fumbles, Game: 9, vs. Texas (94), 9, vs. Kansas (107)
    Most Fumbles Lost, Game: 5, vs. Texas (94), vs. Kansas (107)
    Most INTs, Game: 8, vs. Oklahoma State (95)
    Most Turnovers, Game: 11, vs. Kansas (107)
    Most Sacked, Game: 10, vs. West Virginia (99)
    Most Return Yards, Game: 361, vs. Texas Tech (361-KR, 0-PR) (101)
    Highest 4thQT Rally to Win: 24, vs. Missouri (92)
    Highest T.O.P, Opponent: 18:28, Wyoming (17)
    Highest T.O.P., Game: 23:01, vs. BYU (4)
    Most First Downs, Game: 33 vs. Baylor (107)

Streaks
    Consecutive Wins: 26 (Wk 2 vs. Nebraska (80) � Wk 1 vs. Illinois State (82))
    Consecutive Losses: 7 (Wk 2 vs. Iowa (82) � Wk 10 vs. Kansas (82))
    Consecutive Conference Wins: 45 (Wk 10 vs. Colorado State (7) � Wk 5 vs. Utah (14))
    Consecutive Conference Losses: 7 (Wk 4 vs. Nebraska (82) � Wk 10 vs. Colorado (82))
    Consecutive Home Wins: 37 (Wk 8 vs. Oklahoma State (7) � Wk 12 vs. Wyoming (13))
    Consecutive Home Losses: 5 (Wk 2 vs. Iowa � Wk 10 vs. Colorado (82))
    Consecutive Road Wins: 28 (Wk 4 vs. Utah (9) � Wk 210 vs. Colorado State (13))
    Consecutive Road Losses: 5 (Wk 3 vs. Tennessee � Wk 11 vs. Kansas State (85))
    Greatest Three-Year Span: 37-1 (11-13)
    Greatest Five-Year Span: 59-4 (9-13)

Stats compiled after Season 114

Sherman (S59-S62)�The top cornerback in NSU history. Owns records for 6 picks in a game against Iowa State in S61, owns record for picks in a season at 12 and for career 37.

Shivers (S9-S12)�The most accurate QB at NSU. Owns records for passing rating of 361.0 for a 15-15 301 yard and 5 td performance against UNLV and is part of the longest pass play in school history. Shivers completed 71% in S11 and is the career record holder for passing tds with 119.

Snell (S57-S60)�Snell was a dominant force on the defensive line for NSU. Snell recorded a record 71 sacks* over his career and helped NSU to become one of the top defenses during his time.

Shannon (S8-S11)�Shannon was the first in a long string of highly successful kickers at NSU. Shannon holds records still for FGs in a game at 7 and in a season. He was a career 79-87 with a previous record long of 57 yards.

Todd (S51-S53)�One of the premier running backs in NSU and college football history. Todd owns the school record for rushing for 413 yards against Baylor in S54. That same season Todd rushed for 2,816 yards and 44 tds�both records. He also is the career record holder in rushing (9,112 yards) and touchdowns (118). He also holds the most total touchdowns by a non-QB at 125. Todd also owns the all-purpose yards record for non-QBs at 10,883.

Hawkins (S21-S23)�Regarded as the most feared LB in program history. Hawkins had an incredible 13 sacks* against Louisville and 19 tackles against Idaho in S22. Hawkins led the team in tackling each of his three years at NSU. He also holds the school record for tackles in a season at 113* and career at 296*.

Jobes (S10-S12)�Jobes was the prototypical TE for NSU. A clutch go-to guy, Jobes still holds records at NSU for TE tds in a game at 3 against UNLV, including a thrilling 95-yard scoring play. Jobes held many NSU TE records for several years.

Lord (S5-S6)�Damien Lord spent just two seasons at NSU, but he is widely considered the best ever dual-threat QB. Lord still owns the all-purpose yardage in a season record at 4,534 (3,651 passing, 883 rushing). Lord has 8,343 yards of all-purpose yardage in just two years of play. Damien Lord was also the first NSU player to have his jersey retired. Eventually, most of Lord�s records have fallen but he is still revered as an NSU legend.

Nicholson (S92-S95)�Nicholson took advantage of a change in offensive philosophy at NSU. Nicholson shattered long held receiving records at NSU. He is the only NSU receiver to catch 5 tds passes in the same game and is the only Prairie Dog to have over 2,000 receiving in a season (2,027). Nicholson holds NSU career records for yards receiving (6,569) and scoring (57 tds).

Poole (S86-S87)�The Texas transfer was at NSU for just two seasons, but the jack-of-all-trades left a lasting impression on NSU fans, and the record books. Poole was a gifted RB, but also shined at returning kicks and punts. He holds the record for all-purpose yards in a game at 552 against Missouri (21 passing, 282 rushing, 35 receiving, 52 KR, 162 PR) and five touchdowns. Poole rushed 50 times in that game, setting the mark for carries in a game. Poole owns the record for all-purpose yards (non-QB) in a season at 4,019. Poole has 62 total touchdowns in his college career.

Ruffin (S89-S91)�Ruffin set the mark that Nicholson and others would follow. Ruffin is the record holder in receptions in a game at 16, season at 104 and in a career at 309. Ruffin challenged Poole�s all-purpose record against Texas Tech. Ruffin caught 15 passes for 273 yards and added 239 on KR, four rushing and 18 PR for 534 to fall just shy. Ruffin has 6,085 yards receiving with 50 tds in his NSU career.

Rice (S16-S19)�The unheralded FB is often overlooked, but for four straight seasons, Rice defined the FB position at NSU. Rice owns the td record for FBs at 25 and career rushing yards at 1,473. Rice is the latest NSU play to have his jersey retired.

**You may notice all jerseys are numbered 00. The reason for that is when I started my dynasty, I never expected how long I would play, so I never kept numbers when I recorded stats thinking I would never need them...oops.

Nebraska State Heisman Winners
    Running Backs
    Schoenrock: 3, 4
    Morgan: 11, 12
    Blackwell: 17, 18
    Wood: 22
    Curry: 32
    McCall: 39
    Duncan: 41
    Rutledge: 42
    Fisher: 44
    Nash: 45
    Todd: 53, 54
    Bruiser 79
    Poole 87
    Carter 88
    Davis: 112*

Quarterbacks
    D Lord: 6
    Lincoln: 15, 16
    Blazer: 26
    Franklin: 122

Receivers
    Wyatt: 23
    Martinez: 56
    Roberson: 61
    Nicholson: 95

**Disclaimer--I was hesitant to post these since it is such a ridiculous number of winners. But on some earlier versions of the game, it was hard not to win the award. Anyway, here it is.

* Award was shared with Colorado QB Lilly.

Nice retired jersey section there!

Thanks. I could probably add a few to the mix as well and may do that soon if I have the time. I've got a lot more absolute studs since the time I posted that the first time. And sorry, no corndog on the trophy. Looks too much like a phallic symbol to put on a trophy for football.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    Thanks. I could probably add a few to the mix as well and may do that soon if I have the time. I've got a lot more absolute studs since the time I posted that the first time. And sorry, no corndog on the trophy. Looks too much like a phallic symbol to put on a trophy for football.
    yeah it's a fine line between the Golden Corndog and the Golden Dildo....didn't think about that

Okay, so I was playing around with Windows Movie Maker, a program I never really messed with before, and created a quick highlight video feature stills of my dynasty with NSU. Yeah, I know it's hokey, but it's a start.