Thread: Option Plays in Madden 12?

• Facebook
  • Display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Option Plays in Madden 12?

Could someone please list out all of the option running plays (if applicable) in Madden 12? And/or, are there any triple option plays? I highly doubt it, but figure since there are customizable playbooks this year that maybe it randomly got stuck in there somewhere.

There are none.

I don't want all the games on Sunday but I figure the Defense is too fast for the option to really work in the NFL, no? Plus it seems like you don't really want your start QB taking a beating like he would get in the option attack. Some of those big hits right before/as the QB pitches the ball could be MUCH worse in the NFL.

Just my 2 cents

Is this 12?

If so, how many more? Any Run/Pass tripple?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Orygun View Post
    Is this 12?

If so, how many more? Any Run/Pass tripple?
    Appears to be. That was the play I was referring to that was in the Titans book last year. Only "option" type play that I know of that has been in the game.

I thought the Falcon and Titans books had option plays in them. I know last year both did if im not mistaken. In the Titans book it was from the shotgun I do know that

Is there anywhere where I can see all the playbooks I will be able to choose from for my custom playbook? I currently play NCAA and am about to buy Madden so I can export my Campus Legend. I am also thinking about doing an Online Franchise with my classmates and I want to see how far I can go with a spread option attack. It seems like, while there aren't any team playbooks which are spread-option, with the custom playbooks I might be able to hash together enough stuff to build something with at least an option accent, maybe similar to Penn St.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Orygun View Post
    Is there anywhere where I can see all the playbooks I will be able to choose from for my custom playbook? I currently play NCAA and am about to buy Madden so I can export my Campus Legend. I am also thinking about doing an Online Franchise with my classmates and I want to see how far I can go with a spread option attack. It seems like, while there aren't any team playbooks which are spread-option, with the custom playbooks I might be able to hash together enough stuff to build something with at least an option accent, maybe similar to Penn St.
    You can't use custom playbooks in Online Franchise.

Really? Did the development team ever say why? Seems odd, you can on NCAA (after they patched it). I signed up for a free account at primamadden and I am going through books there. Eagles have a few read options, some good weakside stuff, nothing that sends the HB up the A gap though. Like the QB power, good screens too. I'm assuming the "hold down A to run" PA Pass feature is in Madden as well?

I am amazed you cannot use custom books in franchise. You would think Madden and NCAA would share resources/ideas more often. I know NCAA uses Madden plays, there are a couple conspicuously named plays in NCAA's custom playbook feature. With custom playbooks it seems like it would just make sense to make the playbooks universal to both games.

I would love to see Madden add the option book, the PISTOL, and the air raid book from NCAA 12 into the game for next year. Overall, the Madden playbooks are just too similar and don't provide the user with enough creativity.