2 28.57%
  • Thunder

5 71.43%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-12 NBA Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Are you talking about Ram or Bryant Gumbel?

LOL you guys dont like my view, tough shit ..especially you BD since its already established that youre a hypocritical attention whore..but the fact of the matter is, young athletes/ guys with millions against owners with millions and a sport striking or being locked out is the least important news of the day, whether people are interested in it or not...its trivial unimportant bullshit..I dont waste my time reading about a strike/lock out and neither does the majority, we just wait for it to end..no one gives a damn about the labor viewpoints of a young man making 6 digits and more..just shut up and entertain me on the court..even though 27 teams arent worth a damn and its just a matter of time before the Lakers make it to the finals multiple times again LOL...Stern is just a Jewish Mafia boss

have a good weekend Dudes !!!!

From ESPN 700 in SLC

No timetable for "announcement", could come tonight, could come tomorrow, but "positive news will come, deal is in place". #NBA

Darren Rovell pretty much sums it up....

https://twitter.com/#!/darrenrovell/...61150395088897

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

The players are killing it. They are so far beyond greedy, it's ridiculous. They want their cake, their pie, and be able to eat them both. It's utterly disgusting to watch EVERYTHING that the league garnered last season destroyed by greed (all because shitty players want to be paid $50 million when they don't deserve $10 million and superstars want $100 million).

Sounds like the NBA is back!
    The dude abides.

It's a tentative agreement. Have to take it back to the players and let them vote on it. If they want to be good to go by Christmas though, it's gonna have to be a fast decision (like in the next few days, if I'm understanding it correctly).

Rumors swirling around that the Celtics might be interested in trading Rondo to get Paul. Ugh, not sure how I feel about that. Rondo is my favorite player on the team, but if it means getting CP3.

Wow. Don't think I saw that one coming...

Immediately I would think that would be a win for the Celtics....but what Rondo lacks in shooting, he kind of makes up for with his rebounding and open court ability. Then again you typically don't want your PG to be so aggressive in rebounding the ball unless you have a system that allows him to be and for some one to be back to prevent the fast break.

Both can get to the foul line but Rondo isn't that great of a FT shooter either.

Both also distribute the ball well

Rumors swirling around that the Celtics might be interested in trading Rondo to get Paul. Ugh, not sure how I feel about that. Rondo is my favorite player on the team, but if it means getting CP3.
    The Celtics say 'would you?' CP3 says oh hell no!

Oh, poor CP3. God forbid you leave the shitty organization that is the Hornets and go to a REAL team and possibly win a ring. Nope, gotta stick with the shitty team where they think you're a god (instead of just a great facilitator with no real scoring ability).

Before even clicking that link I can tell you why he likely wouldn't. Boston is rather long in the tooth and signing with them long-term wouldn't be wise IMO, not to mention Doc likely not staying on much longer.

Just doesn't make much sense if he has the option to sign elsewhere with younger talent and better oppourtunity long term.

For one year though may not be a bad decision.

From CBS Sports:

NBA announces Christmas Day schedule: BOS-NYK, MIA-DAL, CHI-LAL, ORL-OKC, LAC-GSW

A hell of a Christmas Day lineup. Boston-Knicks, the Finals rematch, Bulls-Lakers and Magic-OKC right there are killer. Clippers-Warriors, meh, but still could be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    A hell of a Christmas Day lineup. Boston-Knicks, the Finals rematch, Bulls-Lakers and Magic-OKC right there are killer. Clippers-Warriors, meh, but still could be entertaining.
    Lots of young talent in that Clippers/Warriors matchup. I'll definitely watch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I might watch 'em. Depends on how much the teams are changed with the upcoming FA period/trade period.

Definitely some interesting things looming on the horizon for the NBA, even though they REALLY killed any momentum they had last year with a completely silly period of no negotiations at all from the players side of the ball only to basically get exactly what they had before.

Lots of young talent in that Clippers/Warriors matchup. I'll definitely watch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I might watch 'em. Depends on how much the teams are changed with the upcoming FA period/trade period.

Definitely some interesting things looming on the horizon for the NBA, even though they REALLY killed any momentum they had last year with a completely silly period of no negotiations at all from the players side of the ball only to basically get exactly what they had before.
    Yeah, I mean the Clippers/Warriors game is definitely on my radar, it'll just depend on how I'm feeling about the game come Christmas Day, and what, if any changes are made that will/could change the makeup of the teams.

The Heat are interested in Greg Oden according to sources. Really hope that guy can have a productive career going forward.