Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Update from EA SPORTS

• Facebook
  • Display
    As was stated in the original post, patch #3 is only going to fix the no-huddle bug, as they considered that the top bug to fix right away and were able to quickly located and fix the problem. The other bugs will be fixed in patch #4.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    As was stated in the original post, patch #3 is only going to fix the no-huddle bug, as they considered that the top bug to fix right away and were able to quickly located and fix the problem. The other bugs will be fixed in patch #4.
    well, than on field gameplay should have been done first, its as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thanks, Justin.

And thanks for putting up with needless BS from the community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Needless...

Dealer #1: "Sir, we found some issues with your new car, but we're happy to report it is fixed! Have a nice day!"
    You: "Thanks! You know, I've had this vehicle for a couple of weeks and saw there were issues, but you guys assured me I'd be squared away by the time I signed the paperwork."

A few days later...
    Cousin: "Thanks for letting me borrow your car, but I'd thought I'd let you know it was running a little rough. You might want to get it checked out."
    You: "Hmmmm. I hadn't noticed an issue. When did you notice the problem?
    Cousin: "Right after I started the car and drove a few blocks. You didn't notice it?"
    You: "Nope. I'll call the shop immediately."

On the phone...
    You: "Hi, it's me again. Listen, my cousin took my car out for a drive and noticed the same issues from before. Do you mind taking a look?"
    Dealer #1: "Sure, no problem. Just bring your car in and we'll solve the problem for you."
    You: "Super!"

Two months later...
    Dealer #2: "Sorry we've had your car for so long, but we wanted to make sure we completely fixed the problem. I can assure you, you'll be 100% satisfied."
    You: "Ok. I was beginning to wonder, but you guys know best. I can hardly wait to get back behind the wheel."

On the drive home...
    You: "Damn. The problem is still there. This is disappointing."

After arriving home and calling the Dealer...
    You: "Hi, it's me again. Look, I hate to say this, but the problem is still there."
    Dealer #2: "Interesting. My mechanics told me the issue is solved, but rest assured, they are working on a solution. Do you mind popping the hood and taking a look for us? It could help speed up the process."
    You: "Sure!"

A few days later...
    Dealer #2: "Well, I can tell you we can fix two of the problems, but the rest will have to wait for now. You should still be able to drive it, but you might be careful and stay close to home for awhile until we can solve the other issues."
    You: "Ok. I can tell you, my cousin is going to be upset - but, hey, I got this car for free, so as far as I'm concerned, you guys are still alright in my book. I don't know why people say such horrible things about your business. I guess some people just have an ax to grind."

Once again...

While I am not on the extreme as some other people Smooth and Steeler you guys do come off as not wanting anything negative said towards the EA 's people. I understand not wanting to talk about them personally etc., but even with this first post it basically came off as we don't know what the hell the problem is and we are looking into it, granted saying something is better than saying nothing, but I think we have all concluded they don'treally know what the problem is or if they do they don't know how to fix it. Or even worse as Keyser pointed out the timeline isn' t looking promising.

Even a messenger can get something said to them, though I don't think this should turn into a bash fest or anything like that.

And also......
    Leonidas: Before you speak, Persian, know that in Sparta everyone, even a king’s messenger, is responsible for the words of their voice. Now...what message do you bring?
    I couldn't resist after I read someone saying he didnt have to say anything and I think we have all gotten his message.

The thing to me here is EA (Justin) coming on to the TGT community boards to share information. He is owning the issues within the game. He is saying they are still trying to distinguish the difference between one freezing point and another. He asks that if the community would like to help they can and he (Justin) gave what would be beneficial for the developers to help figure out this issue.

Sure it stinks that EA is having these issues. The thing is not EVERYONE is having these issues. This makes finding the problem a little bit more challenging thus the reason why Justin and EA is reaching out to the community.

At NO POINT do you have to do so, this is totally up to you.

I'm not going to speak for Smooth or Steelerfan on this, but for my point of view this thread should be geared more towards helping Justin and EA. If you don't want to that is fine, just move along. Complaining and belly aching in this thread is worthless. Like Justin and EA is really worried about the "swats" or anything like that right now when they are desperately trying to figure out why some are froze and can't play. Let's be real here.

***JOKING For those that want to complain please visit
    Spoiler: show
    Then press TRAP at the same time
    **JOKING

Seriously, we are all upset at the issues at hand. But if we complain that we are not getting any word from EA and then we do and yet we turn the thread into a complete bitch fest and getting off topic what freaking good is this doing?
    Last edited by psusnoop; 09-22-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
    Needless...

Dealer #1: "Sir, we found some issues with your new car, but we're happy to report it is fixed! Have a nice day!"
    You: "Thanks! You know, I've had this vehicle for a couple of weeks and saw there were issues, but you guys assured me I'd be squared away by the time I signed the paperwork."

A few days later...
    Cousin: "Thanks for letting me borrow your car, but I'd thought I'd let you know it was running a little rough. You might want to get it checked out."
    You: "Hmmmm. I hadn't noticed an issue. When did you notice the problem?
    Cousin: "Right after I started the car and drove a few blocks. You didn't notice it?"
    You: "Nope. I'll call the shop immediately."

On the phone...
    You: "Hi, it's me again. Listen, my cousin took my car out for a drive and noticed the same issues from before. Do you mind taking a look?"
    Dealer #1: "Sure, no problem. Just bring your car in and we'll solve the problem for you."
    You: "Super!"

Two months later...
    Dealer #2: "Sorry we've had your car for so long, but we wanted to make sure we completely fixed the problem. I can assure you, you'll be 100% satisfied."
    You: "Ok. I was beginning to wonder, but you guys know best. I can hardly wait to get back behind the wheel."

On the drive home...
    You: "Damn. The problem is still there. This is disappointing."

After arriving home and calling the Dealer...
    You: "Hi, it's me again. Look, I hate to say this, but the problem is still there."
    Dealer #2: "Interesting. My mechanics told me the issue is solved, but rest assured, they are working on a solution. Do you mind popping the hood and taking a look for us? It could help speed up the process."
    You: "Sure!"

A few days later...
    Dealer #2: "Well, I can tell you we can fix two of the problems, but the rest will have to wait for now. You should still be able to drive it, but you might be careful and stay close to home for awhile until we can solve the other issues."
    You: "Ok. I can tell you, my cousin is going to be upset - but, hey, I got this car for free, so as far as I'm concerned, you guys are still alright in my book. I don't know why people say such horrible things about your business. I guess some people just have an ax to grind."

Just to be clear, your now speaking for TGT in saying that they are completely OK and satisfied with the game right now?

At that point this happened

OK I'd really like to keep this thread on Topic, and geared towards helping the community. Any chance we can clean this all up and move things into different threads? Gotta be tough for anyone trying to get information to Justin and for Justin to read when he/they are having to read through all this stuff (and yes I'm to blame as much as anyone) hence why I'm asking.
    Last edited by psusnoop; 09-22-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    OK I'd really like to keep this thread on Topic, and geared towards helping the community. Any chance we can clean this all up and move things into different threads? Gotta be tough for anyone trying to get information to Justin (EA) when they are having to read through all this stuff (and yes I'm to blame as much as anyone) hence why I'm asking.
    I agree Psu that this thread should stay on topic so I won't diverge this thread anymore.

I don't believe this quote below to be true. To my knowledge EA has not said that Transfer FAILED or any other problems will be fixed in a 4th patch versus a server side fix that doesn't need a patch or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dewiel View Post
    So this is by no means my area, but we were able to fix the transfer fail issue that most were experiencing in the "Bowl Week" server side. I know the team is investigating all of these issues and plan to address them asap. I can't give you any more information other than that because I personally don't know. Once I have more information, I'll make sure and pass it along.
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    I don't believe this quote below to be true. To my knowledge EA has not said that Transfer FAILED or any other problems will be fixed in a 4th patch versus a server side fix that doesn't need a patch or did I miss something?
    I think your correct Soze, there is nothing stated what will or won't be addressed with the 4th patch. What we do know right now is the huddle bug is in patch 3 and that is it. The transfer failed, they found the bowl week issue but are still searching for why it is happening in other areas as well. That's why Justin called on the community to see if anyone can help them find more specifics regarding the transfer failed (especially since it was mentioned that this is just a generic error, and not "directly" related to one specific problem area).

Roy, apparently you didn't read the whole thread before writing that cute little story.

oweb, no one asked for your help. It was unnecessary, IMO, to come right out of the gate saying, "its not my job to test all of this out and send it to you, taking time out of my life. Its your job to know". Also, we don't live in Sparta.

The Spartan government was founded on the principle that the life of every individual, from the moment of birth, belonged absolutely to the state.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    While I am not on the extreme as some other people Smooth and Steeler you guys do come off as not wanting anything negative said towards the EA 's people. I understand not wanting to talk about them personally etc., but even with this first post it basically came off as we don't know what the hell the problem is and we are looking into it, granted saying something is better than saying nothing, but I think we have all concluded they don'treally know what the problem is or if they do they don't know how to fix it. Or even worse as Keyser pointed out the timeline isn' t looking promising.

Even a messenger can get something said to them, though I don't think this should turn into a bash fest or anything like that.

And also......

I couldn't resist after I read someone saying he didnt have to say anything and I think we have all gotten his message.
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    The thing to me here is EA (Justin) coming on to the TGT community boards to share information. He is owning the issues within the game. He is saying they are still trying to distinguish the difference between one freezing point and another. He asks that if the community would like to help they can and he (Justin) gave what would be beneficial for the developers to help figure out this issue.

Sure it stinks that EA is having these issues. The thing is not EVERYONE is having these issues. This makes finding the problem a little bit more challenging thus the reason why Justin and EA is reaching out to the community.

At NO POINT do you have to do so, this is totally up to you.

I'm not going to speak for Smooth or Steelerfan on this, but for my point of view this thread should be geared more towards helping Justin and EA. If you don't want to that is fine, just move along. Complaining and belly aching in this thread is worthless. Like Justin and EA is really worried about the "swats" or anything like that right now when they are desperately trying to figure out why some are froze and can't play. Let's be real here.

***JOKING For those that want to complain please visit
    Then press TRAP at the same time
    **JOKING

Seriously, we are all upset at the issues at hand. But if we complain that we are not getting any word from EA and then we do and yet we turn the thread into a complete bitch fest and getting off topic what freaking good is this doing?
    I too don't want to keep this thread off topic, so this will be my only post on the matter, but psusnoop summed up my thoughts. It's not that I don't want anything negative said, as I have said negative things about the game a number of times myself. I haven't experienced everything that others have, and not always on the same scale of severity as they have, but I have had some issues here and there. What my issue is, is the pointless, needless bitching in every single thread about EA or the game. We have the Open Letter thread, we have the Thoughts and Impressions thread, we have the Title Update #2 thread. We don't need it in this thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    Well, I could have worded that better I suppose. I didn't mean every single issue will be patched in TU#4. I meant everything that they are able to locate the problems with, and are able to fix during the TU#4 time frame, will be included in TU#4. Not necessarily that "everything" will be included.

The Spartan government was founded on the principle that the life of every individual, from the moment of birth, belonged absolutely to the state.
    judging from the movie,..they also seemed to have more shaving and waxing parlors in Sparta than we do today..????

I would like to know if anyone has been running a successful OD from the beginning and it has had no problems IF they or any of the users has NEVER used custom playbooks? In the ODs I've been in that have had the transfer failed issue the 1 common thread has been some or atleast 1 or more users has used a custom playbook.

Just an idea, throwing it out there.

As far as collecting data on how/why the transfer failed happens, good luck. It seems like WAY too many variables have changed.

I started an OD a few days after the game was released.

We had 11 users. Some used custom playbooks some didn’t. The first transfer failed error started happening when some users retired. Then me as the commish couldn’t advance the league.

It was suggested we transfer the commish duties to another user and see if they can advance. This was successful, so I’m not sure what/how this affects the data.

The commish duties where transferred back to me and we were good to go until the week after the bowl games, when we all won, somehow we all ended up with a loss. Then I couldn’t advance again, gave me the transfer failed option.

Once again I transferred the commish to another user and he was able to advance, then the commish was transferred back to me…again, I’m not sure how all this transferring of commish affects the game data.

Basically the OD has fallen apart since users keep getting new league invites and have to start over with their coaching records, recruiting, etc….

Not sure if this helps with your transfer failed data gathering but thought I’d throw it out there.

For now I’m playing in 3 Ods, one has worked from the very beginning day 2 of the game release. We have 3 users total.

The others are working but have had issues. One gives transfer failed errors and the commish has to advance the week, then the next week we are able to load the OD without the transfer failed error.

The 3rd OD has been working fine except for 1 week when I had a user v user game, we couldn’t play each other b/c it kept telling both of us we were on autopilot, even though we weren't. We had the commish FORCE us to be on autopilot, then magically it let us play each other. Who KNOWS?
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 09-22-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewiel View Post
    I don't know what all goes on in the process myself, but we were aware of the issue as soon as the first report came in. Knowing the issue and finding the root cause to address it are two different things.
    Just to be clear my point was simply you/EA should have seen/found the no huddle glitch prior to releasing Patch #2 to the consumer and fixed it before sending out a patch. (unless EA is claiming that Sony/Microsoft did something wrong after EA released patch #2 to Sony/Microsoft which caused the no huddle bug/glitch)

I wanted to know how/why the no huddle glitch was not seen/resolved before sending out patch #2. I just do not understand/comprehend how something so.... obvious and easy to spot could be "missed" unless EA doesn't actually play its game before "certifying" it to Sony/Microsoft.

Instead what appears to happen quite frequently is EA releases a patch it opens up some other glitch/bug that is obvious to anyone who played the game for any length of time and then EA relies upon its consumers to report the problem which starts the process all over again.

I was just curious as to what steps EA takes (or does not take) prior to releasing a patch/tune out to its consumers. If it is simply EA goes in and fixes the prior issue/problem and then immediately sends it out for Microsoft/Sony, I would suggest that EA actually started to take some time to test the game first.

This would likely save allot of headaches and more importantly for EA save face instead of having to come back and patch what a patch broke.

I would like to add that you can put me down for having NCAA 13 shipping later next year. like late August. That said the problem, as it is with most things at EA, is that it is a business and time demands are set my the big wigs at Corporate. You think they would really let that happen? To allow NCAA and Madden to ship so close together? Not likely.

So CLW I am not trying to answer the question you posed to Dewiel, just pointing out that you have left the most important factor in why stuff gets sent out broken, stuff that the guys working on the game and testing usually know is broken.

It is because of these guys... They set release dates, sports games tend to stick to release dates due to agreements with the NCAA/NFL/NHL/Etc and the desire to have the product reach the market at the optimum time.

http://aboutus.ea.com/executive-sectionofficers.action

Riccitiello, John
    Chief Executive Officer

Brown, Eric
    Executive Vice President
    Chief Financial Officer

Moore, Peter
    Chief Operating Officer

Until it starts to affect the pocketbooks, don't hold your breath for a major change in how they handle the release, patch, patch scenario. Also some of the info you are looking for would not be answered by any company in the gaming business.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW
    I would suggest that EA actually started to take some time to test the game first.
    and thus the game testers grabbed their pitchforks as this is the most overused, incorrect commentary on why games are sent out broken. Most bugs are caught by testers, not all but most. Once again we go back to the guys in charge.

Was there ample...

Time to fix bugs?
    Time to ensure fixing bugs does not break other code?
    Resources to do all the above in the Time allotted?

Point fingers all you want but far too many people are pointing them in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-22-2011 at 07:27 PM.

I have a simple question, maybe since there is computer programming involved there isn't a simple answer...but here goes:

Why can't they undo the patch?

The game had it's issues prior to the latest patch being release but atleast you could play offline. I understand this patch maybe fixed some things, but this no-huddle thing is really not fun. I could stand the game prior to the latest patch b/c I could still play offline (even though the online part was giving me transfer failed errors....and even though after this patch I still get them.....) I was able to play in my offline dynasty against the CPU.

The CPU runs the no-huddle all day long with most teams I face. It really seems like I'm not playing football or I'm using a h/s team that only has 1 formation and 10 plays to pick from when they CPU runs no huddle offense and I'm stuck on defense, or when I'm on offense and I run no-huddle I can only run 2 formations and 10-20 plays max.

They say they want to fix the no-huddle issue asap, why can't they un-release the patch? Why can't they go back?

If I want to go back on my own, and lose all of my coaching data and trophies, etc... can I delete the game data from my PS3 HD and then start over? Will the game be like it was in July when I picked it up on release day?

I just want to play football, my wife bought me Madden for my birthday last week. I like it, but I've always liked NCAA better, I just want to be able to play it even if it's only against the CPU.

Why do they say they want to fix the no-huddle issue asap, but take so long to do so? Are they trying to be sneaky and work in some other changes/updates too? I'm just wondering why if ALL they are planning on doing for the short-time if resloving the no-huddle issue, why does it take so long?

I'd even be happy with removing the CPB option if that's what it takes to get the no-huddle issue fixed. I guess I can always go out and buy a used copy of NCAA 11, the no-huddle worked there and I had access to all the formations in the normal playbooks.

I guess just to be clear for me, in order to go back to the way the game was prior to the patches, I delete all the info on my PS3 harddrive, then restart the game and when it tells me there is a patch/update I select NO correct?

This will of course keep me from being able to play online right?

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I guess just to be clear for me, in order to go back to the way the game was prior to the patches, I delete all the info on my PS3 harddrive, then restart the game and when it tells me there is a patch/update I select NO correct?

This will of course keep me from being able to play online right?
    yes, that is how I understand it. Pretty sure you can't load up the patch that was available on game day release either.... so who knows what problems you might run into. I don't believe there is a way to take patch #1 but not patch #2.... good luck!