Thread: 2011 Rugby World Cup Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2011 Rugby World Cup Talk

As some of you may know the rugby world cup has just begun. Any thoughts on whos gonna win. BTW USA plays ireland 9/11. Maybe the fact that the game is on 9/11 will give them a little more motivation. The game will be played at 18:00 local time. Does anyone know wut that translates to in EST.

Auckland, NZ is +12. The Eastern time zone (we're in EDT right now, not EST) is -4. So I'm pretty sure the game will be played at 2 AM ET. The match will be shown at 1 PM ET on NBC.

As for who's going to win ... even though they seem to struggle in the latter rounds of the World Cup, I'd always bet on the All Blacks, especially at home. The atmosphere during the haka before their match with Tonga was amazing.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 09-10-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Auckland, NZ is +12. The Eastern time zone (we're in EDT right now, not EST) is -4. So I'm pretty sure the game will be played at 2 AM ET. The match will be shown at 1 PM ET on NBC.

As for who's going to win ... even though they seem to struggle in the latter rounds of the World Cup, I'd always bet on the All Blacks, especially at home. The atmosphere during the haka before their match with Tonga was amazing.
    Thx, i'll be watching that and the eagles rams game tomorrow then. I agree, its hard to say the all blacks won't win. watching them do the haka would scare the shit out of me if i was the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by BCEagles View Post
    watching them do the haka would scare the shit out of me if i was the other team.
    I love the Haka. Love, love, love.

3-0 and I know nothing about rugby haha. I do know that hit by Todd Clever was awesome tho haha.

It gets ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It gets ugly.
    Yeah, this entire tournament is going to be ugly for the Eagles.

But a good showing for them, compared to what was expected. Lots of heart on defense ... they looked decent against Russia (and may have a good chance against them in the RWC), but looked horrid in the second half against Canada in both matches. Compared to that, this was an impressive showing.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yeah, this entire tournament is going to be ugly for the Eagles.

But a good showing for them, compared to what was expected. Lots of heart on defense ... they looked decent against Russia (and may have a good chance against them in the RWC), but looked horrid in the second half against Canada in both matches. Compared to that, this was an impressive showing.
    i agree, i like how they looked against ireland, the D was good, rugby is definitely improving in the US