Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus

• Facebook
  • Display
    That I do like, definitely convienient but I'm hesitant of wanting my system to turn on while I'm not there, then wait an hour to shutdown.

So does it only shutdown automatically when you're at the XMB? I've left Madden idle before for a while and the system is still on.

Yeah it only will shutdown if you sit on the XMB for x amount of time. If you are in a game the only thing it will do is dim your screen but the game will still run.

There's a setting for that. In the System settings where you set the auto-shutdown, you can tell it whether or not you want to ignore it during gameplay / movies. Obviously that would be a problem if it would automatically shutdown after an hour, but the setting is there.

Simple answer is just leave the game when you're done with it

Overall, I'm happy with Plus ... so far. It's definitely not going to be as good as I originally hoped, but I've downloaded a handful of things.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Anyone else get a Dead Nation beta invite? I'm assuming it's for being a PS+ member.

I haven't checked, when did you get it?

2 AM.

Dead Nation invites were by e-mail randomly, not for PS+

Mushroom Wars for free for PS+ members. Finally a full game for free I don't have

Still loving this...Madden patch automatically downloaded and installed. Not sure why it doesn't do it for everything, wonder if that is on the developers side of coding.

I think it also has something to do with timing. Last week it downloaded something to my PS3 ... oh yeah, the software update. But I didn't wait long enough to see if it would download the NCAA patches overnight ... had to get it as early as it hit.

I set my download time from 8am to 10am.

Introducing PlayStation Rewards – A New Way to Earn Exclusive Status and Recognition

Today, we’re excited to share news of the launch of PlayStation Rewards, a new program that recognizes and rewards our users for simply doing what they love – playing games and interacting with the entertainment content that PlayStation has to offer. We really wanted to create something that says, “thank you” for being a loyal PlayStation fan.

In its initial launch tomorrow (Oct. 28th), PlayStation Rewards will be an invitation-only beta to all eligible PlayStation Plus and Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP) members. We’re kicking things off as a beta so that we can get feedback from our most loyal fans in order to make it the best possible rewards program it can be. It’s also worth noting that during the beta phase, the program will be focused on PlayStation 3 owners, but we hope to include PSP users as well not too far down the road. Oh, and one more thing: PlayStation Rewards will be free – there is no fee to join!

Now, to give you a bit more details on the new loyalty program… PlayStation Rewards is designed to give you the opportunity to gain exclusive status, recognition, and rewards as a thank you for your continued interest in PlayStation. And, the best part is that you don’t have to do anything different. Keep playing new games, buying content purchased from PlayStation Network in the PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home, download movies and TV shows, or just communicate with us by taking one of our surveys, for example, and you’ll now be recognized for it.

The more you play and participate, the more progress you’ll make through our three reward tiers — “Select,” “Pro,” and “Legendary.” As your status increases, so do the rewards. And if you want to check out your current status level, simply go to your private profile page and look at the reward progress meter.

So what do you get? Right now, rewards include things like…
    - Exclusive PSN avatars that display member status in the program
    - Exclusive dynamic themes and PlayStation Home content
    - Opportunities throughout the program year to participate in members-only sweepstakes and giveaways for experiences and merchandise you won’t find elsewhere (The first of which is an all expenses paid trip to the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, as PlayStation’s guest)

That’s just the start and our plan is to continually grow and improve the reward offering as the program itself evolves. Your feedback in this beta period will help make the program even better!!

If you’re a GAP member or PlayStation Plus subscriber in the U.S., who is opted-in to marketing as of October 24th, be sure to look for your invitation and sign-up for PlayStation Rewards.

To learn more about our new loyalty program, check back tomorrow when the site will be live and the beta forum will be available for all eligible participants.

We look forward to showing you our appreciation along the way!

Based on this:
    The more you play and participate, the more progress you’ll make through our three reward tiers — “Select,” “Pro,” and “Legendary.” As your status increases, so do the rewards. And if you want to check out your current status level, simply go to your private profile page and look at the reward progress meter.
    Violator must now be President of Sony - congrats!

If you’re a GAP member or PlayStation Plus subscriber in the U.S., who is opted-in to marketing as of October 24th, be sure to look for your invitation and sign-up for PlayStation Rewards.
    Damn I would have bought plus today when I got home until I read that. Well at least I know a couple of you guys will keep us posted.

Yeah I've been completely pleased with PS+ from day one. Kinda sucked that most of the free PSN titles I had already received, but I've already more than made up for the purchase price on it. This is just icing on the cake.

That sounds an awful lot like I already get with Plus. It's cool that they're rewarding people and recognizing them for their activity with the Playstation brand, but to be honest, the content that has been supplied so far for Plus has been underwhelming. One of the major reasons that I signed up was to get access to the beta, and then they pull the garbage they did with the KZ3 beta. They limit it to the first 5,000 people to download a theme, which went live at like 6PM EST when most people are working, so the kiddies are the ones who got accepted. Granted, I was accepted into the beta long before that, but it's still retarded.

This Rewards thing just sounds like a way to make the Plus whiners shut up.

I'm pretty sure I'm not opted in to the marketing Oh well.

NICE!!!!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...gn=plus_120101

PS+ subscribers are getting some nice Christmas presents for the month of December.....

We're getting Sackboy Prehistoric Moves & ALL episodes of Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (Episodes 1-5) free!

Holy fucking AWESOME. I can't wait to get my hands on that shit...and for free no less(Sackboy that is).

Yeah I think the Sackboy game is free with LBP2, or $10 on the PSN, but PS+ users will get the Sackboy game a week before release.

Pretty cool article of two guys tracking their PS+ investments....I think I've already received a great ROI on my $50 purchase. The Sam & Max and Sackboy game offerings this month will definitely put that over the top.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1102752p1.html