Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    There is an area called "my downloads" up in the top right corner which will show you everything you've purchased or downloaded from the store (like demos). You won't have to pay for them again, it will just be a button that says download.
    Cool. Now back to how AWESOME PS+ is.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Cool. Now back to how AWESOME PS+ is.

Glad the "instant collection" of full retail titles was still out there for you to get.

Two more games to add to it tonight. I haven't tried Outland but heard it's good, I won it in a Twitter contest a while back. Bloodryane looked good, but didn't want to pay $15 for it. Glad I didn't now.

Glad the "instant collection" of full retail titles was still out there for you to get.

Two more games to add to it tonight. I haven't tried Outland but heard it's good, I won it in a Twitter contest a while back. Bloodryane looked good, but didn't want to pay $15 for it. Glad I didn't now.
    Yeah I couldn't get em' all (due to the small fatty I have currently). Hoping they are still up in 2 days when I get the new and improved large fatty.

Yeah I couldn't get em' all (due to the small fatty I have currently). Hoping they are still up in 2 days when I get the new and improved large fatty.
    You still want to "purchase" them so they're in your purchase history. You don't have to download them immediately, but they're still in your history in case they do pull them.

You still want to "purchase" them so they're in your purchase history. You don't have to download them immediately, but they're still in your history in case they do pull them.
    Oh I clicked on them all and tried to download them which caused the popup saying "hey idiot you have a small fat one time to upgrade" message (or something like that)

Oh I clicked on them all and tried to download them which caused the popup saying "hey idiot you have a small fat one time to upgrade" message (or something like that)
    Add them to your cart and then hit purchase, don't try to download.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

If the game(s) already have a red box next to them with a shopping cart logo, then they're already in your purchases and you can download them at anytime. If not, add everything to your cart and then hit purchase and then when it goes to the download screen just hit circle to back out.

If the game(s) already have a red box next to them with a shopping cart logo, then they're already in your purchases and you can download them at anytime. If not, add everything to your cart and then hit purchase and then when it goes to the download screen just hit circle to back out.
    Thanks man!

I noticed that my external hard drive needs to be formatted to FAT 32. Anyone know the best/easiest way to do this.
    Use the format command rather than the built-in utility in Windows. Just open a command prompt and run format on the drive instead.

Yes, FAT32 does have a 4 GB limit for individual files.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

WOW! This is some good news.

Additionally, it was announced that Plus' cloud storage limit will be increased from 150MB to 1GB. The increase will take place sometime in September, according to the PlayStation Blog.

Looks like I signed up at just the right time with the mother load of free games and now a Beta.

Disappointed I cannot pledge my god of war alliance to Tebow!

EDIT: We need a TGT "clan" fo this shizzle but again I'll be the WEAK link in the chain.
    Last edited by CLW; 08-15-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks for all the advice/help guys. 3 hours to load up my backup data but assuming that goes to plan I'll now have a 1TB Fatty PS3. Was actually surprised how EASY it was. Just takes a ton of time to transfer the data to/from the external hard drive but otherwise its a piece of cake.

EDIT: AWESOME I didn't have to re-download a single game from the PSN. Going to double check but all the icons for my games are there.
    Last edited by CLW; 08-16-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Between you ... and somebody else who recently swapped hard drives ... I'm definitely doing that once I get a little more stability in my life Sounds tons easier than I was led to believe it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Between you ... and somebody else who recently swapped hard drives ... I'm definitely doing that once I get a little more stability in my life Sounds tons easier than I was led to believe it was.
    I just bought a 1TB 2.5" SATA today to upgrade as well.

The dude abides.

EDIT: AWESOME I didn't have to re-download a single game from the PSN. Going to double check but all the icons for my games are there.
    I coulda sworn you had too. Even better if not. I have a TON of PSN games.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yeah I am about as un-tech savy as it gets. The process is VERY easy (see the youtube video on page 11). I should note it did take roughly 7 hours to complete. However, 6+ hours of it is the actual transfer of data to/from the external hard drive. Of course, the time will vary depending on how much data is on your current hard drive. I just went home during lunch formatted the external drive and then started the transfer process. PS3 said it would take 3 1/2 hours so I left came back home at the end of the day and it was finished.

From that point its simply unscrew/rescrew 5 screws and slide the hard drive back into place and then reload the data onto your new harddrive. The reload took much less time (I think it was 2 hours)

I coulda sworn you had too. Even better if not. I have a TON of PSN games.

Yeah everything I read said that you would too due to file limit sizes on Fat32. I was STUNNED when the reload finished and EVERYTHING was still there (including Infamous 2 a 15GB file - which I couldn't install on the old hard drive due to limited space). So I installed that and checked to make sure Pac Man worked and it did so I assume the rest do as well.

Yeah everything I read said that you would too due to file limit sizes on Fat32. I was STUNNED when the reload finished and EVERYTHING was still there (including Infamous 2 a 15GB file - which I couldn't install on the old hard drive due to limited space). So I installed that and checked to make sure Pac Man worked and it did so I assume the rest do as well.
    Even better! I bought it yesterday with the full knowledge that I may have to go through the long process of installing everything again. I figured it would be better in the long run of upping it to 1TB since I now will catch up on shows through downloading them and putting them on a jump drive, so now I can put them on the HDD and delete them as I watch them. And then of course with all the free stuff from PS+, I won't have to manage and install and delete files, etc.

Interesting, I just looked at my eBay bucks and there must be some sort of promotion for buying electronics or something, I got $11 in eBay bucks just on the 2.5" SATA drive alone.

Yeah I am about as un-tech savy as it gets.

From that point its simply unscrew/rescrew 5 screws and slide the hard drive back into place and then reload the data onto your new harddrive. The reload took much less time (I think it was 2 hours)
    Well, just for comparison sake, I've built two PCs What I was talking about, as we all discussed on previous pages, is that I had believed that your saves could be lost in that process. It appears that's just when the backup/restore is used with a different console, and not the same system. Very cool to learn I was wrong (though frustrating because I would have upgraded months or a year ago if I'd known)

Yeah everything I read said that you would too due to file limit sizes on Fat32.
    If I had to guess, they probably use a compression technique like Norton Ghost or WinZip, both of which can break up the file into 2 GB chunks. That's a long used method to avoid the FAT32 limit.